Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: KevinE - Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 09:16

Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 09:16
Hi Greendog, we're doing a similar trip in Oct this year; Adelaide - Rawnsley Park - Arkaroola - Marree - Oodnadatta - Old South Rd to Chambers Pillar & then into AS - also taking in the Mereenie Loop, Kings Canyon & onto Ayers Rock. Will be stopping off at the Painted Desert, Dalhousie etc along the way :)

Cheers,

Kevin.
AnswerID: 492800

Follow Up By: GREENDOG ! - Saturday, Aug 18, 2012 at 22:14

Saturday, Aug 18, 2012 at 22:14
Hi Kevin,sounds like a great trip mate if possible can you email me any photo's that you think would help with my trip planing,when you get back thanks GREENDOG,Email A.D greendog14@live.com
FollowupID: 768731

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 18:47

Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 18:47
Greendog,

Nothing wrong with the "Red Centre" as an alternative.

If you are up at "The Alice" plan a trip through the "West McDonnel Ranges"
A most rewarding experience.

McDonnell Ranges near Alice Springs

Friends of ours have "nominated" 2014 as the year they will be available to "do the Kimberley" with us and we have consoled ourselves with this "restriction" over the past couple of years or so.
It's exciting looking at the future and planning for a great trip such as this and we are looking forward to this. Travelling with good friends highlights the experience we think.
If our friends change their mind (unlikely) we have decided that 2014 is the year we are going to "do the Kimberley" hopefully for 4-6 weeks, regardless of whether our friends are going or not.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 492833

Follow Up By: GREENDOG ! - Saturday, Aug 18, 2012 at 22:03

Saturday, Aug 18, 2012 at 22:03
G'day Bill thanks for your info mate,yeah i know were your coming from,we would of love to do the Kimberleys next year but it's not to be so it's the RED Centre,going Via the Oonadatta Track, Delhousie and then on to Alice Probally camp at Lambert's Centre if you can.thanks GD
FollowupID: 768728

Sponsored Links