Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 18:43

Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 18:43
According to the RTA Live Traffic site there are still roads closed either side of Wentworth. Keep an eye on this site.

PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 492831

Reply By: member-PradoMad - Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 18:51

Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 18:51
there are a few farmstay along the way, make sure you check it out.
JS.
AnswerID: 492834

Reply By: Member - John Baas (WA) - Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 20:30

Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 20:30
Trilby and (esp) Bindara are great station stays; camping on the banks of the River. At Trilby, ask about the billabong sites - fantastic.

Can't remember what we paid but it wasn't much and very much worth the cost. There's a great back track from Pooncarrie north on the western side of the river. I think I have a mud-map somewhere of it; if I find it I'll MM you.

Cheers.
AnswerID: 492847

Reply By: murrayman - Tuesday, Aug 14, 2012 at 21:19

Tuesday, Aug 14, 2012 at 21:19
Hi Michael, will arrive at menindee lakes next monday, gods country i reckon. Stayin till friday and then heading down the east side to pooncaarie more than likely. Great campin on the darling there as well. I will assess that stretch of road before we head down it as it normally has hooragations much worse than corragations. Have been down it a half dozen times in the last couple of years and while it doesnt bother my rig, this time my son in law is travelling with us in his windsor wincheater and i am a bit concerned it may only be a chassis left by the time we get to Pooncarrie. Can give u a report in a couple of weeks time iff you like. cheers mm
AnswerID: 492896

Sponsored Links