Review: Junction Park Rest Area - QLD

My Place Rating: My Rating 1/5

Stays in this park are theoretically limited to 48 hours, and a donation is requested for use of the facilities. Unfortunately, this park is now being abused to the point where people are camping here for months at a time and not putting money in the tin. Council staff are letting the situation get out of hand, and are not moving the 'regulars' along. Granted, these people are putting money into the town by shopping locally, but so would other travellers if given the chance to stay at the park. We stayed at Junction Park for 2 days, and then moved out to camp at the show grounds.Junction Park in my opinion is over-crowded and very noisy. Nor is there any monitoring of appropriate sizing for camp sites. We saw quite small motor-homes / buses taking up enough room for a single large motor-home, simply by spreading out clothes-lines, vehicles, fires etc. There are even buses and vans parked on the roadway itself - not safe at all.Theodore is a lovely town, and I would definitely return, but not to stay at Junction Park. It has the potential to be a very good temporary camp-site, but has been over-run by long-termers.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links