Mildura to Broken Hill via Menidee Lakes

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 14:45
ThreadID: 97578 Views:2244 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
We are travelling between Mildura and Broken Hill during the sept school holidays.
Has anyone got recommendations for places to stay/things to see etc?
There will be 3 families with kids between 7 & 13 and we will be camping (tents/camper trailer/caravan).
Mungo National Park sounds good so we will probably stay 2 nights there.
I did search but what i found was a bit dated.

Thank you
David
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 17:22

Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 17:22
Did you try this site?

PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 493409

Follow Up By: David69 - Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 19:47

Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 19:47
Hi Peter
Thanks for the link - although I have looked at it before it does have some great info.
I suppose I'm after some up to date info from people to have travelled thru that area particularly in regards to campsites/caravan parks (we are self sufficent but happy to stay in good caravan parks as well as camping in the bush).

Thanks again

David
FollowupID: 769007

Reply By: the_fitzroys - Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 20:08

Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 20:08
Not sure what you mean by dated, David69? Not much changes out there except road conditions. So places to stay and see are pretty much what you'll find in all the forum posts and blogs here and all you need to do is check the road status and whether the areas you are interested in are open.
Mungo is a terrific place and although we've not camped there, we always go for the day when we are camping on a friends property out of Pooncarie. I reckon you could easily stay there 3 nights.
Pooncarie is a great place to camp if you want to have fun on the river. There is, as far as I know, just the pub now. General store seems to still be closed and the little cafe is also for sale. So as long as your kids aren't dying for icecreams every day, they'll have a lot of fun there. And the pub is great.
A drive from Pooncarie up the west side of the river to Kinchega is great (although road may be closed at the moment). There's a tiny old cemetary at Bindara and then you head through Tandou and onto Kinchega.
Broken Hill = loads of things to do.
Have fun.
Louise
AnswerID: 493423

Follow Up By: David69 - Sunday, Aug 26, 2012 at 16:40

Sunday, Aug 26, 2012 at 16:40
Thanks Louise
Thank you for sharing your experiences.
We will definitely have a couple of nights at mungo national park and then a couple more at some caravan parks that have been recommended me.
It's looking like it will be an excellent trip and we are all looking forward to it.
Thank you
David
FollowupID: 769253

Sponsored Links