a bit of an odd question but someone maybe able to help

Submitted: Saturday, Sep 01, 2012 at 21:52
ThreadID: 97785 Views:2875 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi We have a rather odd question. we have an older stainless steel thermos that needs a new rubber ring/seal as it leaks. We've tried all sorts of places to try to buy one but without success. It keeps drinks really hot or cold so would like to be able to deep using. On the off chance would anyone have a suggestion. Thanks all and safe travels to everyone. Greg & Dianne
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Roughasguts - Saturday, Sep 01, 2012 at 21:56

Saturday, Sep 01, 2012 at 21:56
Bearing and seal place. Run in there with the thermos bet they have something to fit it.

AnswerID: 494088

Reply By: Neil & Pauline - Sunday, Sep 02, 2012 at 03:42

Sunday, Sep 02, 2012 at 03:42
Go to Clarke Rubber and find the right profile of rubber. If you cut at a 45 degree angle and glue with super glue. A bit fiddly getting the size right but it is possible.

if it a round profile you will buy off the shelf.

AnswerID: 494095

Reply By: Ozhumvee - Sunday, Sep 02, 2012 at 07:59

Sunday, Sep 02, 2012 at 07:59
If it is an Aladdin or Stanley email the manufacturers website in the US and they might send you a new cap and /or seal. I've done it with an old Aladdin one and the posted one over gratis.
Might be worth contacting the Aussie agents/distributors too.
AnswerID: 494098

Reply By: member - mazcan - Sunday, Sep 02, 2012 at 14:52

Sunday, Sep 02, 2012 at 14:52
if its an aladdin mine has a flat profile rubber seal last time i replaced mine
i bought a toilet cytern fat rubber seal to suit and cut the hole to suit the alladdin screw-in stopper and then cut the outer diameter to fit into the stopper recess using a sharp razor knife
mine is an -- aladdin industries nashville tennese -usa -no 11 stopper

looked at mine its due for a new one so will do same again
you wont get a flat seal at the bearing places as im sure they only sell o-ring style seals but i could be wronghope this is a help
AnswerID: 494116

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (9)