off road camper for $30K & under.

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 16, 2012 at 11:38
ThreadID: 98044 Views:3495 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Looking for suggestions for a off road camper trailer.

Must be quick set up, Need to sleep 2 adults & on the odd occasion maybe 3
Was looking at the Jayco Hawk but open to other suggestions.
Normally only stay in one place for one night & move along so quick set up is a must.

Budget $30K & Under.
Tow vehicle Mitsubishi Triton 4x4
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: MEMBER - Darian, SA - Sunday, Sep 16, 2012 at 12:07

Sunday, Sep 16, 2012 at 12:07
The popular hard floor, flip over, fast setup campers can be found on the second hand market for those $ figures. Aussie Swag, Campomatic, Kimberley Kamper etc. Lots of other makes to choose from, all with top shelf independent suspension, plumbed water, 240 and 12 volt systems etc. 1 min to deploy the living space - half a min to slide the kitchen out. 15 mins to get the awning up (if staying longer). I think they are designed ideally for a couple - if others are involved, they can easily sleep in a compact tent that is no trouble to stow. The last trip we did with our Campomatic was 10 weeks - slept in it every night and had many single night stops...... a good formula.
AnswerID: 495009

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Sunday, Sep 16, 2012 at 17:48

Sunday, Sep 16, 2012 at 17:48
For 2nd hand campers, have a look under Classifieds - Campers and Trailers.
There are a few within your price range.
A hard top camper is the go for quick setup.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 495033

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, Sep 16, 2012 at 18:14

Sunday, Sep 16, 2012 at 18:14
Don't forget the Trak Shak's ;)

Has capability to sleep at least 6 adults, and easy to set up (only needs 3 poles and 5 pegs for overnight stops).

Check the classifieds out for more details.

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 495037

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Sunday, Sep 16, 2012 at 18:32

Sunday, Sep 16, 2012 at 18:32
I reckon you'd be hard pressed to go past a second hand Tvan.

Sets up and more importantly tears down in 30 seconds in quick mode, 3 mins in normal mode. It is very comfortable and warm in winter. If you use the annex it takes about 10 mins.

I often have 3 big people in mine and it would fit 4 at a push ( 2 in the bed and 1 or 2 on the floor). I had a Goldstream Storm which is similar to a Hawk and it was a pain to set up and tear down for one night stays. I think the Hawk or similar will drive you crazy for one or two night stops. The Tvan is unbelievable for overnight transit stops.

As you can see I love my Tvan and use it 2 - 3 times as much as my old camper because it is so easy to use.
AnswerID: 495039

Reply By: p_marns - Sunday, Sep 16, 2012 at 21:02

Sunday, Sep 16, 2012 at 21:02
I agree with all the above, you need a hard floor flip over camper trailer.I have a Cub brumby that will go absolutly anywhere and sets up quicker than you can roll out a swag. Under 30k too, brand new
AnswerID: 495047

Sponsored Links