water heater/ loo wont flush

Submitted: Monday, Oct 01, 2012 at 13:27
ThreadID: 98344 Views:2187 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
hi all , hope every one is enjoying the long weekend, just asking for help in regards to the water heater not firing up on gas, and our loo wont flush , van been unused for a few months, every thing working fine before hand , would having the batteries out for a period effect anything ??? van a 06 Roadstar, cheers Barry & .Robyn,1770,
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Notso - Monday, Oct 01, 2012 at 13:58

Monday, Oct 01, 2012 at 13:58
Batteries being out shouldn't affect anything. Did you blow a fuse or something when putting them back in?

My toilet has a fuse in the top of the compartment where the cassette goes, might be worth checking.

Can you hear the Gas Igniter Ticking when you try to start it?

Have you got 12 volts at the gas unit?
AnswerID: 495998

Reply By: Member-Heather MG NSW - Monday, Oct 01, 2012 at 14:01

Monday, Oct 01, 2012 at 14:01
Not sure what type of toilet you have but if it is a Thetford...there is a purple fuse in the compartment which houses the holding tank, as well as a fuse where all the others are located in the van. (well, there was in our Jayco sterling). Have you checked them? If not have a look and see if one needs to be replaced.

Otherwise it could be a dirty impeller...sometimes seizes up after not being flushed regularly apparently. Don't ask me how to locate it...maybe you can have a look online at the thetford site for a diagram.

We had to replace the control panel in ours to get the flush to work recently as all other avenues failed. It cost around $120 for the part I think but solved the problem.

Sorry can't help with the gas as we haven't yet had that happen. I suppose you checked to see that the gas bottle isn't empty???

regards,

Heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 495999

Reply By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Monday, Oct 01, 2012 at 15:02

Monday, Oct 01, 2012 at 15:02
If the batteries have not been charged while they were out then there is a chance of them being low due to self-discharge. Do you have the means to check the state of the batteries? A 12v lamp connected across the terminals is an indication. A voltmeter applied to the terminals is not a good test as it draws no current and you may still get a reading of 12v or so even thought the battery capacity is down.
Do you have 12v lights in the van? If they are not working either then it is an indication of flat batteries or bad connection.

Also recheck that you have the batteries connected in the right polarity. Red wire to + battery post.
Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 496000

Follow Up By: bazz - Monday, Oct 01, 2012 at 16:24

Monday, Oct 01, 2012 at 16:24
the batteries are fine, ill check fuses now that i know where they are , thanx for the input everyone.
FollowupID: 771611

Reply By: Member - Phil 'n Jill (WA) - Monday, Oct 01, 2012 at 22:54

Monday, Oct 01, 2012 at 22:54
Could be a blockage bazz - Ants seeking the water were a problem when we bought our van - long time left idle.

Good lucks - regards Phil
Phil 'n Jill (WA)

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 496026

Reply By: Member - Broodie H3 - Tuesday, Oct 02, 2012 at 14:33

Tuesday, Oct 02, 2012 at 14:33
We Have a 96 Roadstar Voyager, and we had similar problems to you as we had not used the van for quite a few months, the problem with the toilet flush was the pump had burnt out and that had to be replaced, the gas was another issue altogether, I was not lighting the heater correctly I would have the pilot light working but I had forgotten to turn the gas lighting valve back one step for the water to flow through which would allow the heater to work correctly. to do the pump we had to dismantle the whole toilet to get to it six hours later the job was done and everything is fine now. good luck
Broodie H3
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 496049

Follow Up By: bazz - Tuesday, Oct 02, 2012 at 16:06

Tuesday, Oct 02, 2012 at 16:06
well the hot water is ,loose connection, the loo fuse is ok , so will check for blockage, thanx for the input... barry
FollowupID: 771661

Reply By: Alan S (WA) - Tuesday, Oct 02, 2012 at 19:49

Tuesday, Oct 02, 2012 at 19:49
Just read the subject line.

You water heater and loo doesn't flush,

why would your water heater flush?

AnswerID: 496067

Sponsored Links