cape york..

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 18, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 987 Views:1827 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just wanna know.. me, wife and the 2 lids are doing cape in june/july, from cairns, is 2 or 3 weeks best to see a fair bit of the place, we are seasoned travellers/campers and self sufficient in vehicle, equipment, spares etc.
But just want to know the time properly needed so I can book either side of cape trip.
Thanks people.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: FISH N TRACK OUTBACK TAG TOURS - Friday, Apr 19, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Apr 19, 2002 at 00:00
Hi Andrew,
At least 3 weeks to get to anywhere nearing seeing most things.
When l first started going up to the Cape l went to the top first and then slowly made my way south seeing as much as possible.
Doing it this way if you miss anything because you run out of time then it is at the southern end and can be seen at a later stage and not have to right to the top.
Do as much research as possible and you will get to see more places.
Have a good trip.
We will be up there again in 10 days , our 2nd trip for the year.
Safe traveling,
Cliff & Lesleigh
AnswerID: 2944

Reply By: Craig - Monday, Apr 22, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Apr 22, 2002 at 00:00
G`day Andrew, Wife and I plus 2 kid are heading up leaving 10 Aug ex Sydney, we are travelling with another crew whom has already got 2 cape trips under their belt,with kids if the tour operators are not suited to your style your more than welcome to tag along on our trip
AnswerID: 3006

Follow Up By: Andrew - Monday, Apr 22, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Apr 22, 2002 at 00:00
Thanks Craig, but we are doing Cairns to cape and back from 17th June for 3 weeks, so will be back in Brissy by end July, taking it easy, nice offer though. Contact me if you are o/nighting up our way.. Andrew
FollowupID: 1176

Reply By: JC_Brisbane - Sunday, Apr 28, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Apr 28, 2002 at 00:00
Andrew,if I am correct you are also Brisbane based.I have in August last year come back from our 5th trip to the Cape(had 7 vechiles this time)So if you would like any further Infromation Email me (jcampbe3@bigpond .net.au. I have trip notes and planned Camping details ect. Regards JC.
AnswerID: 3177

Sponsored Links