Nissan 3.0td replacement

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 21, 2004 at 17:06
ThreadID: 9915 Views:2187 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
My 3.0 litre Nissan diesel blew up at xmas, and this was reported on this forum at that time.
Some 25 responses and interest was shown after that posting,accordingly I can now report that after prolonged consideration, Nissan have approved the fitting of a current motor ex Japan for my vehicle.
This is an excellent result for me as you can understand,and I am gratefull that Nissan has stood by their product and customer,especially as the truck was a used version that I had purchased at !05,000 km.
However I shudder at the thought of all those early models that are still being sold to unsuspecting customers by Nissan dealers,lets hope the force is with them.
As to my own vehicle,it will take many kilometres before I am confident again to undertake remote area trips.
Hopefully the reason for the failures will become clear,and the modifications prove to be effective,this so that the normal excellent reliability record of the Nissan product can be restored.
Thanks for all those who were interested.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Old Johno - Wednesday, Jan 21, 2004 at 17:58

Wednesday, Jan 21, 2004 at 17:58
Fourby,
I had the same thing happen in November, 60,000kms when No 4 cylinder cracked.
Nissan replaced the total Long motor & computer. It appears to be a problem with the Oil spray in the crankshaft area and they have been fitted with more oil sensors
You will find that the motor is already in Australia as I have been reliably informed Nissan have a quantity available for just this problem.
As a matter of interest was yours a manual or Auto.
About four members of the 4WD club I belong to in Sydney have experienced the same problem, all of them being Auto's.

Good Luck
AnswerID: 43824

Follow Up By: Nomad - Wednesday, Jan 21, 2004 at 22:16

Wednesday, Jan 21, 2004 at 22:16
Johno

I've got a 6/00 build 3Lt Auto. Only done 66K so far, but touch wood and anything else handy, I've never had a problem with it. Have heard all the stories but here's hoping.

Original warranty expired in december 2003 but I took an extended warranty for $900. Gives me up to 150K and extra 2 years. If anything is going to happen, hope it's in that time.

See ya in the bush. Treadlightly!

Nomad
FollowupID: 306119

Follow Up By: Old Johno - Thursday, Jan 22, 2004 at 08:22

Thursday, Jan 22, 2004 at 08:22
My Nissan was out of warrenty by 6 weeks but Nissan came to the party
FollowupID: 306140

Reply By: fourby - Thursday, Jan 22, 2004 at 17:49

Thursday, Jan 22, 2004 at 17:49
Old Johno,
In answer to your question,yes it was an auto.
I think this is more to do with the percentage of autos sold though,rather than a reason.
You were dead right about the engines being in Australia,after being told it would be flown in,one has been delivered ex Sydney.
Also I have been told the loom has to be modified to suit different oil senders,which also confirms your advise.
Thanks for the info.
Regards
AnswerID: 44006

Follow Up By: Old Johno - Thursday, Jan 22, 2004 at 18:09

Thursday, Jan 22, 2004 at 18:09
Fourby,
With my engine they replaced the complete loom

Good luck
FollowupID: 306225

Sponsored Links