Newbie here... have some questions.

Hi everyone, we signed up here the other day mainly to gain access to EOtrackme as we're about to head off on a trip around Australia.

So we're looking at setting up our Iphone as the tracker but was wondering how it works exactly? I know it wont instant track us once out of 3G reception which doesn't really worry us. I know the phone uses satellite and stores our progress until we get 3G reception, then uploads to the tracking site. What I'm not sure about is what the data usage is? Does this chew heaps of data? I know if I was to get the spot tracker it cost the $55 per year so It seem the data usage is quite negligible?

Haven't looked too much at this forum because I don't really know how to use it properly... For example the search function is very hit and miss? And I can't seem to find any index to subjects? I'm a regular on other forums and they are much easier to use. Though, I'm sure once you know how it's easy. So if you guy's could please direct me on how to use the forum properly I'd be very grateful.

Cheers, Steve&Kristin
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick O - Wednesday, Jan 02, 2013 at 15:08

Wednesday, Jan 02, 2013 at 15:08
Steve,

firstly welcome aboard. I'm pretty sure that the "OETrackMe" tab at the top of the screen will give you a fair bit of information. You might be better off sending an email to the EO team in respect to data usage as that's a fairly technical question that I'm sure David or Adele would be in a better position to answer for you.

The other thing you may have not picked up is that TrackMe is a members feature. It is not available to anyone using a visitors profile.

The benefits of membership are expalined HERE. Good value I reckon

Also here is a blog on the forum SEARCH FUNCTION. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 501456

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Wednesday, Jan 02, 2013 at 17:28

Wednesday, Jan 02, 2013 at 17:28
Hi Steve and Kristin,

Cant help you re EOtrackme. But re the forum - any word that is underlined is clickable which helps a lot. Have a look at the blue bar across the top - that is the index to the major parts of the site. There is a red search button in top RH corner that is pretty good too - brings up forum posts, blogs, articles etc to match your search. Yes the forum layout is a bit different but there is such a wealth of info here that its worth taking a bit of time to get the hang of it. Membership is also good value IMHO.

Welcome aboard,

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 501463

Sponsored Links