travelling in/through perth will be a patience tester in future

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 at 12:37
ThreadID: 99948 Views:2666 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
hi
yes and it already is
so be warned
w.a transport dept have just revealed that-- 143739-- additional cars were licenced in 2012 and motorcycle rego's increased by 14.3 % to 120,008 it has apparently blown all growth foecasts off the radar for future rd/traffic stratagies leaving authorities scratching their heads (personelly i thought they already had done a lot of that in the past)
lets face it and be honset their planning has always been way behind the eightball when it comes to providing enough lanes and wider rds
so with the backward developement of new traffic lanes which are already 5yrs behind to take place this year imho
it with be even harder to get through the traffic when we are going anywhere especialy for those towing campers and caravans on long weekends and school holidays and we will also frustrate the other rd users because of the lenghts and bulk not to mention the ever increasing size of trucks etc
so it will be a case of trying to work out what time of day to depart on a journey but with the ongoing traffic volume increases like above that is going to be almost impossible to guesstamate so ----wait a while ---will become---- just a bit longer
cheers enjoy your travells
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - MUZBRY(Vic) - Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 at 13:38

Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 at 13:38
Gday Mazcan
You should try Melbourne on an ordinary day.

Muzbry
Great place to be Mt Blue Rag 27/12/2012

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 502358

Reply By: Member - Paul K - VIC - Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 at 15:01

Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 at 15:01
Hi Mazcan

I would love melbourne to be only 5 years behind we are about 25 years behind with our roads and freeways

Regards Paul
AnswerID: 502363

Reply By: equinox - Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 at 15:53

Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 at 15:53
I can say with certainty that Perth has got it easy compared to Sydney and Melbourne.

The traffic in those two cities is twenty times as busy as Perth. When I was there it just did my head in, talk about having to change my style of driving from passive to aggressive. (I'm passive again now, it took time)

Approaching Sydney it starts to get busy 200kms out.

How Sydneysiders and Melbournians get through life without constant psychological counseling is beyond me.

I went inland from Melbourne to get home instead of the Great Ocean Road as I just couldn't handle it.

I risked my life to the the picture below, and it was much, much, much more dangerous than going to the most remote areas in Australia.

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 502366

Follow Up By: Gone Bush (WA) - Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 at 16:08

Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 at 16:08
It would have been a skirt twirling exercise for any fair maid of Perth.

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 778778

Follow Up By: equinox - Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 at 16:16

Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 at 16:16
She ain't no normal Fair Maid GB

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 778780

Reply By: get outmore - Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 at 17:20

Saturday, Jan 12, 2013 at 17:20
only really an issue if you live in the trendy western suburbs.

I live in close proximity to Roe, tonkin and great eastern - sure the GE is pretty blocked up but its getting close to finished and will be pretty good then

besides that I dont have any issue getting around

the city least able to cope is actually adelaide - if that backwater ever takes off economically they will be screwed

what little there doing now (superway to nowhere anzac highway underpass etc) is costing a fortune and achieving little
AnswerID: 502374

Reply By: Travelinglew - Sunday, Jan 13, 2013 at 10:35

Sunday, Jan 13, 2013 at 10:35
Gday Mazcan,

Having driven all capitals except Hobart and Darwin, I can guarantee you that Perth has some of the best laid out roads in the country. They carry very little traffic compared to the other major cities. My longest commute from work was in Sydney where it took me 4.5 hours to travel the 70k from the office to home. Usual time was about 2 hours and that only took me on the south west side of Sydney. No harbor crossings in amongst it so unless you want the WA state govt to start talking toll roads.....

Have a great day and a safe commute

Lew
AnswerID: 502413

Reply By: Member - Chris and Lindsay (VI - Monday, Jan 14, 2013 at 09:51

Monday, Jan 14, 2013 at 09:51
Hi,
We just got back to Melbourne from Perth 2 days ago. Perth is a dream run compared to Melbourne. The drivers are so much more courteous and the roads are great. Only the road works on the Great Eastern freeway held us up during peak. If you haven't visited Perth then GO. We loved it.
Chris.
AnswerID: 502505

Sponsored Links