The new edition Cape York Atlas & Guide features an expanded 15 4WD trips written by Carlisle Rogers – Publisher & Editor of 4WD Touring Australia magazine. Each trip has all the information you need to plan the trip including trip grading, longest distance without fuel, permits and contact details, as well as a detailed inset map to accompany atlas mapping of Cape York and the Tip.
This title helps you make the most of your visit to this remarkable part of Australia. With detailed coverage of The Tip, the coast from Cairns to Cooktown, Rinyirru (Lakefield) National Park, the Peninsula Developmental Road, Old Telegraph Track, Torres Strait and the Savannah Way, it ensures you won’t miss the ‘must-see’ attractions, but it also describes some of the lesser known areas favoured by the experts. Whether you just want to make it to The Tip or are looking for a serious 4WD adventure, this informative book is an indispensable companion.
The revised and updated road atlas contains Hema Maps’ popular Cape York map, including detailed mapping of The Tip. The maps show fuel as well as camping and rest areas.
- Handy atlas for navigation - from Hema's best selling Cape York Map
- Featuring photography and Top 15 4WD Trips by Carlisle Rogers: Publisher & Editor of 4WD Touring Australia magazine
- Detailed maps throughout, including The Tip and the Old Telegraph Track
- Towns and localities GPS index
- When to go and how to prepare
- Where to go for the best outdoor experiences - including fishing and camping hot spot
- Where to stay, from luxurious resorts to the best bush-camping locations
- Background reading on the region's unique geographical features, flora and fauna