Any suggestions for freecamping between Wilsons Prom and woolongong

Submitted: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 at 20:46
ThreadID: 101973 Views:4301 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We are taking 2 months to get to Woolongong from WP. We want to do free camping as much as possible, with no set plans.We leave WP late tomorrow and want to see National parks and also some beach camping if it's not to windy.Some places we would like to prop for at least a week, do some fishing and relaxing.
We have an off road 17' van and 200 series LC.
Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Geoff in SA - Wednesday, May 01, 2013 at 21:47

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 at 21:47
With a van that big and a 200 series I am surprised you will make it in two months.
Its a long way............................

We did a trip from Sydney to Lakes Entrance then up via Jindabine about 7 yrears ago and had no probs with places to stay along the East cast

Problem is I cannot recall where we stopped for free. But there were plenty of them available.

Enjoy the trip.
BTW use the EOTrackme so friends and family can follow and see where you are.
Well worth the $$$$

Regardsd

Geoff

AnswerID: 510166

Reply By: pepper2 - Thursday, May 02, 2013 at 08:17

Thursday, May 02, 2013 at 08:17
Beachfront free camping is available at "meroo campsite" approx 3klm south of lake tabourie,turn east on blackbutt rd just before lemons tree road that heads west,lots of camping mutiple tracks to follow.Easy to view on google maps.

While you are in the area you could look in to "depot beach"it is a nat park and costs $20/n unpowered or $28/n powered site but it is truly spectacular.
AnswerID: 510175

Reply By: sweetwill - Thursday, May 02, 2013 at 08:41

Thursday, May 02, 2013 at 08:41
Hello Bush Camper.
When you get to Batemans Bay turn left on the northern side of the bridge and head to Nelligen one klm past the Nelligen hotel turn right onto the river rd and follow it along the Clyde river plenty of free camps, it is a dirt road, I have taken a van along it plenty of times, the road takes you through to Ulladulla, its a scenic drive BUT IF IT IS HIGH TIDE you could be held up at shallow crossing that's its name by the way shallow crossing, it is a good concrete crossing, anyway plenty of fishing in the river but a bit hard to launch a boat from some of the camp sites hope this is of some help Bill.
AnswerID: 510176

Follow Up By: sweetwill - Thursday, May 02, 2013 at 08:42

Thursday, May 02, 2013 at 08:42
And by the way don't tell anyone.
FollowupID: 788240

Reply By: pepper2 - Thursday, May 02, 2013 at 08:43

Thursday, May 02, 2013 at 08:43
Just a further thought,have you contacted any tourist or visitor information centres along your route,i contacted the centre at oberon last week asking about free camping and fishing,as a result they sent me maps and detailed directions of about 10 free camping areas and fishing spots that i was unaware of,great service.
AnswerID: 510177

Reply By: ROODOO2 - Thursday, May 02, 2013 at 09:34

Thursday, May 02, 2013 at 09:34
First would be Golden Beach ( 3 hours N of WP ) good shelter in ti tree and most have a toilet , right behind the second longest beach in Australia.Turn off south of SALE.
Next the east side of LAKE TYERS (Trident Arm on lake ) or Petmans Beach ( on 90mile beach again ) Turn off about 6km east of NOWA NOWA.
After that BITTANGABEE (on GREEN CAPE Rd ) between Mallacoota and Eden.
After that you are out of my back yard and on your own.
Good camping Mike

AnswerID: 510182

Sponsored Links