Toyoya Landcruiser Club

Submitted: Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 13:06
ThreadID: 10322 Views:4378 Replies:7 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
hi guys,

Is anyone a member or had anything to do with the Toyota Landcruiser Club in nsw? Is it a good club? im looking at joining one but i want a fair dinkum club not a small one.. its seems pretty expensive- about $350 + a yr..
any info would be appreciated

regards

Steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Allfour4x4 - Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 14:02

Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 14:02
Steve,
Been a member for around 3 years now (Sydney), and would have to say that it is a great club.
Fees are a little high but are justified in that a proportion of this goes toward paying for their 2 properties ( a 300 acre camping orientated and a ? acre driver training and competition facility) So well worth it.
Not only that but they run a whole host of free training modules of all descriptions!
Also a Yahoo discussion group. I guess it is pretty obvious we are happy with it.
TLCC
Glenn B.

AnswerID: 45691

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 14:34

Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 14:34
One issue my ex's dad was a trip leader with them before he ran off with some chick he met on the net, was that with so many members, getting onto trips was sometimes an issue, unless you were with the "in" group..

But I think that can be an issue anywhere.

Also check out the Nissan Club, they meet in 5dock, they were excellent when I was there, they cater for everything even Gary with his Modded Sportage... ;)
AnswerID: 45697

Follow Up By: SteveW - Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 17:06

Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 17:06
Thanks truckster,
i checked out the nissan web site but it doesnt work... i wouldn't mind a big club but not so big that you can't go on trips and such, im not interested in politics and trying to get into the 'inner sanctum' of the group so i can go on trips with them..

regards steve
FollowupID: 307763

Reply By: Member - Jack - Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 21:05

Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 21:05
I am also a member of the Toyota Landcruiser Club and I think it is great. Lots of courses ( I have learned Bush Welding recently), good crowd of people, and very helpful. The fees are high because of the land levy for the two tracts of land that the club has bought (on behalf of the members). One near Mittagong and the other down past Goulburn. Both blocks are great. Details are on the website .. the link is on the post above.
Their training ( a lot of it is free) is VETAB Accredited, and the NRMA has recognised this if you get insurance for driving courses.
Plenty of good clubs around, but TLCC is my choice.
They have a website that deals with trips ... these are notified via a Yahoo Forum, so there is equal opportunity for all now with getting onto trips.
Hope this helps.
JackNo trees were harmed in the making or sending of this message.
However a great number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
AnswerID: 45738

Reply By: Cashy - Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 21:08

Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 21:08
Steve,

I am a member of the TLCC for the last 5+ years. It is a big club but this is why it can offer fully Vetab acrettied driver training and also is a Register Training Orgganisatio nso it can issue its own approve certificates to prove you have completed a certified course. There is approx 1,000 members at the moment and there is 2 blocks of land, both appor 300 acres in size or members to use. The joining fee is $200 plus the yearly membership is $125. There is also currently a land levy to pay for the third block of land of $49.50 (the third block joinsa on to the first block the club bought).

There are a lot of people willing to share ther knowledge and experiences with you if you want them. The experiences I have in the club are if you get involved you will get far more out then if you sit back and wait for things to come along.

Hope to see you in the TLCC.

Cashy
AnswerID: 45740

Reply By: Ralph2 - Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 21:19

Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 21:19
I E-Mailed the club before I moved to N.S.W asking about meeting times, Fees etc but didnt recieve a reply. Ive since been told that its a very clicky club, if your not with the IN group your slide lined. Good Luck
AnswerID: 45743

Follow Up By: Groove - Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 21:54

Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 21:54
About the "clicky" issue, I would have to. After I joined the club I made an effort to get involved and found myself feeling very welcome.

Its a very large club and you have to make the effort to get involved, attend working bees, functions, go on trips, training weekends etc.

I have been out bush on my own trips and met up with other club members by chance that I have not known. On a number occasions if our plans were the same we have ended up joining forces and traveling together.

I think you get out of a club what you put into it (same can be said for most things I guess)

The fascilities are excellent, training is top notch and the amount of knowledge I have gained from other memebrs is tremendous.

I think its a great club.
G
FollowupID: 307775

Follow Up By: Groove - Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 21:57

Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 21:57
I meant to add Ralph, I am surprised you did not recieve a reply to your email. the details you were after can be found on the TLCC web site at this address

Cheers
FollowupID: 307776

Reply By: Member - Bear - Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 21:58

Friday, Feb 06, 2004 at 21:58
Steve

i just joined and will be attending the Mod 1 training session on Monday night. I think that when you consider the extras that you get the price is not that bad.

If you want i will let you know more after Monday night.

Bear
BEAR
AnswerID: 45748

Reply By: Member - Bernie. (Vic) - Saturday, Feb 07, 2004 at 01:22

Saturday, Feb 07, 2004 at 01:22
Hi SteveW
All big clubs are probable the same but as Groove said u get out what u put in,
Dont know about TLCC NSW but as a 2year member of TLCC VIC we found by doing the driver awarness course we now new about 16 other drivers plus partners etc similar to ourselves mostly newbies, do a few trips ( make the decision & book early as most trips will have number limits) You will now find when you go to meetings you know a lot more people and wont have time to talk to alot of them.
The best money we spent was joining ( next best money spent was being a Member of ExploreOz) we now have some more like minded very good friends.

I would suggest you attend a few meetings, maybe try and catch up with a few of the members above then decide if you still want to join.

Remember if they have a 1000 members there will always be some u like & some u dont, but who cares as long as u make a few friends.

Just My 2 cents worth

CheersPrado TD Auto
AnswerID: 45771

Sponsored Links