Rain at Trilby Station

Have just been emailed by Liz at Trilby Station and they have had 34 mls of RAIN.
Hopefully there will be some followup rain between now and the National Gathering so that the place will look green :)

I have also heard that there is currently 120 people booked for the dinner on Wednesday night so it looks like it is going to be a great night.

Can people also contact the Bourke NPWS office (02 6830 0202) to express an interest in doing the guided tour of Toorale National Park. I am in contact with Andrew there and have suggested if numbers are good enough that maybe they can run a Tour on Tuesday and Thursday for us, so as to keep the vehicle numbers a bit lower.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: allein m - Sunday, Aug 17, 2014 at 13:59

Sunday, Aug 17, 2014 at 13:59
24.0 here in Broken Hill on Saterday and Fog

Rare event 7 am yeasterday
Today the sky is clear but from what the weather report for next week is more rain , we really need every drop of it

I am sorry for the tourists as many roads will be closed but the farmers need water for there stock
AnswerID: 537811

Follow Up By: allein m - Sunday, Aug 17, 2014 at 14:00

Sunday, Aug 17, 2014 at 14:00
24 ml of rain sorry
FollowupID: 822053

Reply By: Member - John T (Tamworth NSW) - Sunday, Aug 17, 2014 at 19:10

Sunday, Aug 17, 2014 at 19:10
G'day Kev

I am soooooooooooooooooo envious of Trilby's 34mm of rain. We managed a mere 21mm here in Tamworth and that's it for this particular rain event.

Cheers
John T (Lifetime Member)
VKS-737 Mobile 2619
Selcall 2619
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours" - Richard Bach in "Illusions"

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 537822

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, Aug 17, 2014 at 19:58

Sunday, Aug 17, 2014 at 19:58
John,

I think the rain was needed everywhere. We ended up with 36mm here in Chinchilla

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 822068

Reply By: dindy - Wednesday, Aug 20, 2014 at 16:01

Wednesday, Aug 20, 2014 at 16:01
I have just been looking at this post and have to say that you guys will have a ball out there. I have been going to a property named yathonga which is almost directly across the river from trilby, for about 30 years. We engage in secret mens business, assisting in reducing the numbers of feral animals. I have met gary and liz many times at social functions or at shindy's inn or tilpa pub, both must do visits. Gary is related to the owner of yathonga. If the rain they have just had sticks the country will be spetacular. I will be trying to get out there in october but i think work will get in the way. If possible try and get out at night a throw a spotlight around not to shoot but to see what gets around during the night particularly around the tanks. The other must do if possible is to do a fly over of the properties and the river country, may not be possible but you may get lucky if gary is doing a water check or similar.

Regards steve
AnswerID: 537938

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Wednesday, Aug 20, 2014 at 18:40

Wednesday, Aug 20, 2014 at 18:40
Steve,

I am hoping I can get a flight with Gary :)
I helped prune some sucker tree's on the end of the runway when down there last month doing a recon.

There was plenty of wildlife about during the night as well, especially Feral cats and the odd fox.

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 822187

Sponsored Links