About 4WD clubs

Submitted: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1098 Views:2102 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, does anyone belong to a 4WD club, what do they do, and is it worthwhile joining? I heard the Landcruiser club is good.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ray - Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00
Hi JohnF
The 4WD clubs are well worth joining. Most have driver training, plus I have found that I am able to go into areas that I would not go on my own. It can be similar to a tag-a-long trip
It is worth going along to several clubs before joining to make sure they meet your needs.
I have found the snaller clubs of about 50 members better for trips etc than the clubs with 400+
Ray
Wanderin 4 Wheelers Greensborough Vic
AnswerID: 3413

Reply By: Wayne Wanders - Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, May 08, 2002 at 00:00
John

I am the treasurer for the Toyota Landcruiser Club (TLCC) in Sydney. Obviously being in the position I am in I will say it is worthwhile to be a club member

The benefits of joining TLCC in Sydney include: driver training on our own property - (no fighting over tracks around Menai for example; another property by the river for camping on; club shop which sells most recovery gear (in fact I have just finished the fun task of balancing the shop books for the last month - hope explorOz have better systems than I use); club trips which currently range from simple day trips to extended trips such as Cape York and the Simpson.

also you will meet other like minded people to talk to / with

Other clubs will provide similar benefits

If you are in NSW send an email to myself treasurer@tlcc.com.au or the membership secretary on info@tlcc.com.au off line.

If not in NSW there are clubs in all other states - I do not have the email address with me at the moment but once again email me offline and I will arrange for the necessary information to be supplied.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Wayne
AnswerID: 3414

Follow Up By: Michelle - Exploroz - Thursday, May 09, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, May 09, 2002 at 00:00
Hello Wayne! You might remember that David and I were originally from the Sydney branch of the TLCC.Are you aware that we offer 4WD Clubs a free advert in our Business Directory? Suggest you might be the one to add your club since you obviously use the site. No catches, we just want to make it easy for people to find a club near them.
FollowupID: 1391

Reply By: Nigel - Thursday, May 09, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, May 09, 2002 at 00:00
Different clubs have different agendas. The small I belong to in Far North Queensland is more focussed on camping than competitions. More than half the families in our club own camper trailers. The best advice is to find a club that does what you are interested in and join it. Being in a club is the best experience ever.
AnswerID: 3432

Reply By: Lew - Tuesday, May 14, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, May 14, 2002 at 00:00
Being in a 4wd club is good if you like going every where in a large group,eating the vehical in fronts dust &putting up with all the jibberish on the CB. As exclub members we find it alot easier traveling with two or three vehicals.
AnswerID: 3546

Reply By: Rob - Monday, May 20, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, May 20, 2002 at 00:00
I placed an membership application in the post to TLCCSA about 1 month ago and they have not had the courtesy to reply. This tells me all I need to know about this organisation. Hope you have better luck.Cheers Rob
AnswerID: 3674

Sponsored Links