Red Centre

Submitted: Friday, Mar 12, 2004 at 07:13
ThreadID: 11188 Views:1515 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Would welcome any additional information/advice /recommendations about treks in Red Centre region. (East/West MacDonnell Ranges, Boggy Hole, Owen Springs, Uluru via Old Gunbarrell, Chambers Pillar, Finke to Rainbow Valley...and does anyone have info. on the Old Andado trach from Mount Dare to Alice Springs ?

Thanks !
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Friday, Mar 12, 2004 at 08:55

Friday, Mar 12, 2004 at 08:55
Most of the info you require can be sourced here on ExplorOz. Go to Trip Planning and click on Trek Notes. If you need even more notes you may contact me direct through my website www.kempen.id.au

Cheers,
AnswerID: 50050

Reply By: Member - David - Friday, Mar 12, 2004 at 11:54

Friday, Mar 12, 2004 at 11:54
Hi Steve,
I did most of the treks you mentioned last September. You'll find all the info you need here on this forum, just click on the trip planing tab and go to trek notes, print it out and take it with you, I found the notes accurate and very informative.I don't go anywhere with out them now.

Happy Trails
David
AnswerID: 50064

Reply By: The Banjo - Friday, Mar 12, 2004 at 17:14

Friday, Mar 12, 2004 at 17:14
In that area last year.....couple of notes.....Palm Valley is a great stay - beautiful place with facilities and two great walks.......couple of nights min would be the shot. Finke and northward on the Old Ghan track really p.....d us right off in September...... it had well and truly been flogged by a season of travellers - corrugations and railway dog spikes were hell....we did a u'ey.....went up the blacktop. In the East Macs, we had a great stay at Arltunga - Paddy's rock hole (frog city, at times)....fossiking etc too. Old Andado being just into the edge of the Simpson is interesting...... lovely red dunes.....the track up the Alice is ok, but I don't recall any particularly great bits....be ready for roadside disappointment all the way from Santa Teresa Mission into the Alice.
AnswerID: 50105

Reply By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Friday, Mar 12, 2004 at 17:52

Friday, Mar 12, 2004 at 17:52
Steve the best advice is take it easy and have a great time.

All the best
Eric

www.capeyorkconnections.com.au
AnswerID: 50116

Reply By: Member - Bruce (San Diego) - Saturday, Mar 13, 2004 at 01:51

Saturday, Mar 13, 2004 at 01:51
Speaking of the Red Center, is Kings Creek Station still operational?
AnswerID: 50163

Sponsored Links