Thetford 165 Water & Napisan Recipes

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 16, 2015 at 11:28
ThreadID: 119197 Views:3092 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
After shying away from a porta potty for a few years, I finally took the plunge and purchased a 165 with a bag :). We used it for the first time last weekend and the missus loves it, should've bought one years ago.

What recipes/ratio are people using Napisan instead of using the chemicals supplied.

Thanks
Steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Chooky and Wobble - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2015 at 12:59

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2015 at 12:59
There was a post with all the options some time ago. You could do a search on here. We use capful disolved in warm water in screw top jar shake it up and pour it in. You might not find napisan these days but the same thing is sold by coles woollies an aldi and called oxi action or similar. We are currently using coles brand ultra booster. We also add dash of eucalyptus oil to the flush water and lubricate the rubber seal each time the bottom tank is cleaned. I am using silicon spray for that at the moment. We have a porta loo for trips away in the tent and a cassette toilet in the van and use the same for both.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 556032

Follow Up By: Crusier 91 - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2015 at 14:25

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2015 at 14:25
Thanks for your tips Chooky and Wobble, including the "search" tip, which comes up with a heap of info.

Never knew how comfortable doing you know what in the bush was.
FollowupID: 842133

Follow Up By: Grumblebum and the Dragon - Wednesday, Jun 17, 2015 at 11:11

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2015 at 11:11
We are very similar, two heaped tablespoons of any of the el-cheapo versions of the original Nappisan - usually the ones with 34% sodium percarbonate. Mix with warm water and dump it in the tank. Empty every three days max - we are full of 'It", so it's full by then anyway. Clean any scales build up in the tank with a good dose of citric acid - top up with water and give it a good shake. Should be sparkling clean after a few hours soak.

Treat any of the rubber seals with a good dollop of Olive Oil every month - makes the operation of the slide silky smooth.

John
FollowupID: 842187

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Tuesday, Jun 16, 2015 at 18:37

Tuesday, Jun 16, 2015 at 18:37
Hi Steve,

Member Motherhen has a great blog on the subject.
Toilet Chemicals and Alternatives

I used to use Homebrand Napisan but the active ingredient (Sodium Percarbonate) now is about 29%, compared to Coles Ultra Booster Advanced Oxy, which is around 34%.

Any will do the job but the higher the Oxygenator ingredient, the faster and better the breakdown will occur.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 556047

Sponsored Links