Suggestions on good 4wd clubs NSW

Submitted: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 18:44
ThreadID: 12988 Views:3584 Replies:3 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys,
I have decided to join a 4wd club in sydney. I have looked at a few but really have no idea what they are like as far as regularity of trips is concerned. Is anyone out there a member of clubs and if so can you share some feedback as far as quality goes. I am leaning towards the Nissan Cub, no reeason why but i would like to stick to similar 4b's when offroading. Alwasy a good idea for getting ideas on different techniques gos.
I am looking at a club that follows tread lightly guidlines and does regular trips, I prefer 1 or 2 day trips mainly. I have done the solo trip thing and although its great, im getting a bit long in the tooth for solo trips and like the safety in numbers these days.
Hope someone can shed some light on which club they recoment
Cheers Angelo
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 18:51

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 18:51
Nissan Club of NSW

The Meet in 5 Dock, do 1day up to 6mth trips, top people, includes driver training out at Menai...

Was good when I was there, and is still good according to few mates still in the club.

AnswerID: 59130

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:36

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:36
I gotta agree with Truckster, even though my experience was short-lived (due to a move to SA with work). I joined the club. Used my membership card to obtain decent discounts on new stuff from some 4x4 shops (enough to cover the cost of membership) even though that wasn't my original purpose/intention. I did the first day of their 2 day driver training course and they said I was already competent enough not to require a return on the Sunday (they give you a good reference loose leaf binder and go through a lot of theory). We went to the annual xmas party at a campground on the Hawksbury River (12/2001) and had a bloody great feast and a great time all round. We lived in Yass at the time, so I knew i would never get to go any many/any trips unless they had been headed down the Hume on their way to somewhere south &/or west.
FollowupID: 320790

Follow Up By: cokeaddict - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:36

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:36
Thanks Truckster,
I assume you lived in Sydney at some stage? or is that a Australia wide club? Just wondering is all mate.
Thanks again cheers.
FollowupID: 320791

Follow Up By: cokeaddict - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:38

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:38
Cheers Roachie, Thanks for your input mate...nice rig bro :-)
FollowupID: 320792

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:59

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 20:59
No worries Angelo,
The rig looks a bit different now.....I've moved the 2 Lightforce spotties back lower where they're supposed to be (less of an attraction to the constabulary, not that I've had any probs at all) and I've now got a set of white sunraysia wheels all round.
After the amount of drama i had getting my rig pics downloaded, i'm not game to muck around with that any more for a while, so you'll have to just take my word that it looks "schmick" (in my opinion of course).
FollowupID: 320795

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 21:56

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 21:56
Coke,

Yea lived in the shire there 33 years...
FollowupID: 320813

Reply By: cokeaddict - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 23:30

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 23:30
Well thanks again guys.
AnswerID: 59197

Reply By: Member - Jack - Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 15:54

Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 15:54
Hi Cokeaddict:

Just to add some choice to the mix, the Toyota Landcruiser Club is quite good. I am a member, and enjoy it a lot.

They also have many free courses, including 4WD and Recovery courses which come with your membership. I like the fact that they won two tracts of land (one at Koolandilly, just out of Mittagong), and another down near Goulburn which are available to use as a member at no charge.

They have a fairly comprehensive website which gives you most of the guff on their activities, and they have just revamped their Bulletin Board, which carries details of trips, technical tips and tricks, Items for Sale etc etc .. plus a club magazine that comes out every 2 months.

No need to own a Cruiser, as the membership has a wide variety of different models. Good people.

Hope this helps and does not confuse : )

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 59281

Follow Up By: cokeaddict - Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 16:43

Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 16:43
Thanks Jack,
I checked out the web site and was quite impressed, Seems they are very professional from what I saw. I have decided to go with the Nissan Patrol Club though. My reasons for that are personal ones really, I am sure both clubs are well run. But in my case its just a personal choice of knowing that GQ's and GU's will be more frequent when tripping, just feels more comfy for me. But hey..I apreciate your input mate and again I thank you for it. Hope to see you out there some time.
Regards Angelo
FollowupID: 320918

Follow Up By: Member - Jack - Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 19:54

Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 19:54
Hi cokeaddict:

Good choice - they are a pretty professional crowd there as well.
Enjoy it.
Safe travels ..

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 320943

Sponsored Links