Noisy 4WD groups in camp grounds

Submitted: Friday, Feb 26, 2016 at 20:53
ThreadID: 131701 Views:6222 Replies:13 FollowUps:31
This Thread has been Archived
Neurum Crk Bush Retreat was the scene of a very loud gathering of 10 4WDs last Saturday night (20/2/16). They were all from NSW and arrived just before dark in a crowded campground. After setting up camp they started drinking, swearing and generally loud mouthing until 1:30 AM.
Next morning all the other campers in the vicinity, which were mostly families, were tired, totally annoyed and angered towards this group!
What sort of message are the likes of these groups trying to send to the general public. Buy a 4WD, adorn it with fat tyres and lots of spotlights and the world can go to hell?
Next time, camp on your own in a paddock somewhere and leave the average bloke and his family sleep!
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Steve D1 - Friday, Feb 26, 2016 at 21:20

Friday, Feb 26, 2016 at 21:20
Wasn't going to reply, but hey!

A group of 10 cars is the general public. Whether you like it or not. It happens.

Build a bridge, get over it, and move on. I don't really understand the rant. Always has, and always will happen in any public place. Been to the footy lately?

Steve
AnswerID: 596717

Follow Up By: GREG T11 - Friday, Feb 26, 2016 at 21:51

Friday, Feb 26, 2016 at 21:51
Neither was I until I read your post.

A group of anything whether it be 1 4wd or 10 vehicles of any description who think it is ok to party on till the early hours are a bunch a/holes . Bloody inconsiderate of anyone else in the campground.

Numerous occasions we have encountered turds like this that through sheer ignorance disrupt everyone's enjoyment of what is their leisure time as well. For this reason alone we will not camp anywhere within a easy driving distance from a boganville area . which precludes any area within 50 to a 100 km from Brisbane.

One day old mate you will become a little older and after some downtime from the working week.

Cheers

FollowupID: 865629

Follow Up By: maurice b - Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 01:23

Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 01:23
'Quote''A group of 10 cars is the general public. Whether you like it or not. It happens'' What about the other 20 cars with there family that are already there SteveD1 arn't they general public,don't they have the right to enjoy tranquility without a mob of inconsiderate bas##rds ruining there night.
FollowupID: 865637

Follow Up By: cookie1 - Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 08:16

Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 08:16
I wasn't going to post either but...

we are all entitled to enjoy a reasonable amount of peace & quiet, even when I was younger we generally kept it down after 10pm unless we were in a remote location away from anyone else.

Not understanding your reference to the footy, behave like a yobbo at the footy and you will get thrown out, pure & simple

It is called having respect for and being courteous to others and before too long these guys will start to destroy places while under the influence and contribute to places being shut down

cheers
FollowupID: 865643

Follow Up By: Malcom M - Thursday, Mar 03, 2016 at 07:26

Thursday, Mar 03, 2016 at 07:26
Jeez Steve
Your attitude of it happens therefore its ok is appalling. Burglaries, rape & pedophilia happen too, are they ok in your little world.

Consideration for others is paramount. You might need their help down the track but as you have totally bleep everyone off, you are likely to be ignored.
FollowupID: 865847

Reply By: Sigmund - Friday, Feb 26, 2016 at 21:37

Friday, Feb 26, 2016 at 21:37
Nah, it's just plain civility to let other folk sleep during sleeping hours.

But I take ear plugs since civility is in short supply in some places.
AnswerID: 596719

Follow Up By: Top End Az - Monday, Feb 29, 2016 at 19:49

Monday, Feb 29, 2016 at 19:49
2nd that on the earplugs. We are in a tent so kinda necessary and would prefer not to know what is sniffing around outside the tent in the early hours
FollowupID: 865757

Reply By: rumpig - Friday, Feb 26, 2016 at 23:50

Friday, Feb 26, 2016 at 23:50
It's quite obvious to me, that the fact they owned 4wd's has nothing to do with the situation you encountered....it's becasue "THEY WERE ALL FROM NSW" was the cause!!!
AnswerID: 596725

Follow Up By: Gramps - Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 07:03

Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 07:03
Have'nt they sealed off the border yet? Where's Donald when you need him :)

Regards
FollowupID: 865641

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 07:22

Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 07:22
Hang on. Neurum Creek Bush Retreat is a privately owned camping spot.

Where were they when all this was happening? They make a big deal about how they live on site. Surely that is what you are paying such a premium for?

Did you complain to management at the time?

AnswerID: 596727

Follow Up By: Sigmund - Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 08:27

Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 08:27
Yeah, an important consideration. I always follow up where I can.

And let's not generalise about 4WDing redneck bogans. I've been kept awake by all sorts, in ski lodges, youth hostels and regularly by party noise from the house next door. If I wanted to generalise, I'd say they're all pisspots whose inhibitions go down the toilet with a few grogs inside, who think they're funny or witty and do it loud enough for everyone to appreciate their gems.
FollowupID: 865644

Follow Up By: Ron A - Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 08:45

Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 08:45
From their Website:-

"YOUR HOSTS ON SITE...
Your hosts at Neurum Creek Bush Retreat are Simon and Tracey who reside on the property so they are never too far away.
Their aim is for you to have a hassle-free break, to enjoy your stay and to go home feeling that you want to come back and visit with us again."

No doubt if you made them aware of the issues you were experiencing they would have attended to your problem. Much better to talk to the venue operators before bagging them out on a Public Forum.
FollowupID: 865645

Follow Up By: Gronk - Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 08:52

Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 08:52
These pisspots may have just been having a good time and didn't realize how loud they had got ??

Did anyone go over and ask them to quiet down ?? Sound carries in a campground late at night and even talking can be heard a long way away..........been there, done that !!

Best solution.............grab a sixpack and go over and join them !!

Other solution.............really isn't one........although a good solid 10mins of pots and pan bashing right outside their tent at 7am next morning might send a message to them ??
FollowupID: 865646

Follow Up By: TomH - Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 08:59

Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 08:59
Been there done that Had some inconsiderate foreigners who sat outside our motel till 3 am drinking and yahooing. All were bigger than me LOL. Office wouldnt answer phone so at 7 am when we had to leave the bonnet of the car got dropped a couple of times and I accidentally leaned on the horn a few times. Car left idling which was parked outside their unit. Some bleary eyed idiot looked out the window as we left so gave them the victory sign. Karma is great.

Other residents were up and moving so I didnt annoy them.
FollowupID: 865649

Follow Up By: Member - lyndon NT - Sunday, Feb 28, 2016 at 14:44

Sunday, Feb 28, 2016 at 14:44
I'm with Gronk on this one. Just like at home, communication is the best key. I'm not a loud camper but the music and home can get pretty loud, just like my drummer neighbour and the others with their barking dogs.
I would have gone over with beer in hand and said "hey guys etc etc"
Might not work will some real A/H's but I think you will find it will work with most.
My two bobs worth.
Now is the only time you own
Decide now what you will,
Place faith not in tomorrow
For the clock may then be still

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 865720

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Tuesday, Mar 01, 2016 at 23:56

Tuesday, Mar 01, 2016 at 23:56
With loud and unruly people especially when alcohol is involved, direct communication can escalate the situation. It is a job for the proprietors. If it is not practical to contact them until morning, losing one night of sleep should not be too much, and the people will no doubt be evicted so you can catch up on sleep the next night.

We have twice had noisy neighbours in caravan parks. One was two or three young men tenting and camped near our tent, who came home late from going fishing rather merry, and not because they had caught fish. They sung and talked loudly for the rest of the night. Several complaints were made at the office next morning. After being spoken to, they came around and apologised to each of their neighbours. They had not realised at the time that their behaviour was inappropriate. They were well behaved for the rest of our stay.

The second was two English lads who went to the pub on Friday night, and came back happily and loudly singing English pub songs in their tent all night. We were two sites away. First thing next morning a large young man who was working at the abattoir in the town came over from his camper two rows away, woke them, and told them exactly what he thought of their behaviour in Australian bush language. The jumped out of their tent, forced in into the back seat of their car and took off quick. They never came back.

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 865812

Reply By: OBJ - Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 08:57

Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 08:57
I wonder if they were the same group who were at the Myall Lake River Camp (NSW) a few weeks back, calling themselves the Flamingo Camping group. Loud, foul mouthed, and three of them doing aboriginal dances at 3am. My grandkids were terrified but I told them they were safe in our camper.

The caretaker paid them a visit in the morning and bravely threw the lot of them out. Brave lady .. although we were watching and she had backup she didn't even know she had. The road in is clearly signposted that it is a family camp ground and poor behaviour will not be tolerated.

I think consideration for other campers is a primary requisite in these times, as is good manners. It served to show my two grandkids what crap there is in the world.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, GerryG. All you can do is try again and hope for better.

OBJ

OBJ
AnswerID: 596729

Follow Up By: Gronk - Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 10:25

Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 10:25
I presume you meant Myall River Campground ?

They also have a huge area as you 1st come in specifically for "groups" who like to be loud.

We find it the best place to go sometimes as most like to be down near the river and toilets.

We have been up at 1am many times, but do understand how even talking ( and occasional giggling ) can be loud for those trying to sleep !!
FollowupID: 865654

Reply By: maurice b - Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 10:57

Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 10:57
Hi GerryG You Properly didn't realise but Management would have been happy to help you if you had contacted them at the time. I understand how this inconsiderate behaviour is NOT acceptable and approaching a mob of intoxicated yobo's will result in conflict.
Neurum Creek Bush Retreat Quoted
Thanks for that all they needed to do was contact us on UHF channel 16 or call our after hours mobile number which is publicised on our check-in paperwork and on our web site and our late check in board
It is difficult to help people who can't help themselves
It's a waste of time ranting after the event something needs to be done at the moment that it happens.
AnswerID: 596732

Reply By: Hoyks - Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 11:57

Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 11:57
Then you have the whole 'Duty of care' issue.

If management did come down and evict patrons, that were obviously intoxicated, from the property and insisted that they remove their vehicles as well. There is a whole new legal can of worms.

I was that loud obnoxious group a few months back, but the 7 of us were the only ones in a camp ground made for 80. We also cleaned everything up and didn't leave a trace of rubbish in our wake.

Some people just don't care and others will go out of their way to irritate and inconvenience others.

The following night (Friday) when the place was packed we were a lot more subdued. That didn't stop another group (Queenslanders I might add) turning up and letting off fire works and ripping down trees to build an unsuccessful, yet smoky fire and carrying on until the early hours.
I had to leave for home at dawn, so I gave the other boys a toot and a wave as I drove past this other groups camp.
The Rangers apparently turned up next morning, warnings were given to the pyrotechnicians, but I don't think anything came of it.
AnswerID: 596734

Reply By: mountainman - Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 15:59

Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 15:59
Sadly in this day and age...
you go bush to get drunk, have loud music blaring and act like a redneck american.

im only 35 but id rather hear the stream trickle or creek flow, and whistle of the trees, odd kookaburra
and last but not least, the crackle of a warm fire and some quiet tunes
now thats serenity
everyone has lost their sanity with the bleep on radio and taking that doof doof crap bush
AnswerID: 596739

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 17:10

Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 17:10
Hear, hear, so to speak!!

I just came back from 4 days of solitude in the bush.

For the most part, nothing but the sound of the Deua River running over rocks, the morning and evening birdsong, the wind in the trees and the tranquil sounds of the bush.

It is balm for the soul.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 865685

Follow Up By: garrycol - Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 19:24

Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 19:24
Frank - Unfortunately the last time I was down there Bendethra was no different to many other camp areas - a whole bunch of trail bike riders arrived at about 11pm and set up camp with the doof doof music to help them along with all the loud voices etc, Then about 2 am they decided that their bikes needed some tuning for the upcoming days trail riding. All went quiet at about 3.30.

Got noisy again at about 7am but was us this time - driving out through their camp in 1st gear low range, engines up around 4000rpm and horns blaring while they were all still sound asleep.

Payback is a ........... :-)

Garry
FollowupID: 865691

Reply By: Member - Witi Repartee - Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 16:05

Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 16:05
Symbolic of the Australian booze culture. Not boozed. ... not having fun.
AnswerID: 596741

Follow Up By: Gronk - Sunday, Feb 28, 2016 at 10:00

Sunday, Feb 28, 2016 at 10:00
Nothing wrong with being "boozed" up !!

Can't remember the last time I went camping and I wasn't "boozed" up, but we don't have music playing, we try our best to keep the talking down after approx 10pm, and generally have gone to bed before 11.30pm.

By the same token, if you are a person that likes to be in bed by 9pm, and expect a campground to be dead quiet at this hour, you are probably camping in the wrong spot !
FollowupID: 865710

Reply By: Raider28 - Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 19:04

Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 19:04
A little bit off topic but I heard a funny story from the latest Southern 80 at Echuca. Apparently a group had very loud door doof music blaring from portable speakers set up on the beach which was keeping everyone in the vicinity awake. A bloke swam across the river , ripped the speaker wires out, threw the speakers in the river and swam back. Hell to pay and cops came but everyone along the river was cheering and all ended up ok.
Also heard of a bloke who used to take an old wind up air raid siren camping and any group too loud was given a wake up call early next day.
AnswerID: 596745

Follow Up By: Hoyks - Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 20:07

Saturday, Feb 27, 2016 at 20:07
Years ago after the neighbors festivities were continuing past 2am, I placed a 700g can of Chum in the coals and retired to bed. One of the old school, need a tin opener type can, not one of these pussy ring pull cans.

Coincidence is a wonderful thing, the bloke at the camp next to us gave them an ear full, which got him nowhere, and had retired from the argument about a minute before it let go.
It went off with a bit of a bang (more of a BOOM!!) and echoed up and down the valley, they packed it in before the echos finished. I'm guessing they though old mate had a shot gun.

FollowupID: 865692

Follow Up By: Member - Warren H - Sunday, Feb 28, 2016 at 16:19

Sunday, Feb 28, 2016 at 16:19
The camping equivalent of a burning paper bag full of doggy do on the doorstep?
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

FollowupID: 865723

Follow Up By: GREG T11 - Tuesday, Mar 01, 2016 at 20:41

Tuesday, Mar 01, 2016 at 20:41
The only justice I have witnessed is at Moogooradam outside Ipswich. A mob partied on till the early hours complete with a spotlighted inflatable doll, they were at the crest of the hill so it was visible for all. Next morning whilst I was washing up a mini tornado came up out of nowhere, absolute whirlwind. Our tent along with a lot of others got flattened, those that had ski boats moored lakeside were in a bit of bother trying to minimise damage. Many people rushed down to help, the boat belonging to said clowns was left to its own devices .
Meanwhile the better half was oblivious having a nice warm shower in the besser block amenities. Wanders out and could not believe her eyes at the carnage .
FollowupID: 865804

Reply By: Member - Warren H - Sunday, Feb 28, 2016 at 15:59

Sunday, Feb 28, 2016 at 15:59
Hmm, I'm afraid I'm a bit circumspect about asking drunk yobbos to keep the noise down. In the 1980's at the 3 Ways Caravan park we were threatened with a rifle (actually in hand) and told he was going to shoot the f ... woman who dared to ask him to please quieten down (at 1:30am). His girlfriend was pleading with him put the firearm away but to no avail. The night was saved by his boss turning up and roundly abusing him for not being at work and dragging him off. We just packed up and left. Mind you the NT was still a bit like the wild west around this time, not long after a young ringer was held captive, tortured and murdered by his erstwhile workmates on the Barkly Tableland!
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

AnswerID: 596760

Follow Up By: rumpig - Sunday, Feb 28, 2016 at 16:05

Sunday, Feb 28, 2016 at 16:05
and then there's the several occasions i've gone up to other peoples camps and politely asked them to turn the music down, as they are waking our kids up who are trying to sleep. On both occasions the people were oblivious to the noise they were making or effect it was having on other campers around them....sometimes it's the way people ask that gets the desired result i reckon.
FollowupID: 865721

Follow Up By: Member - Warren H - Sunday, Feb 28, 2016 at 16:10

Sunday, Feb 28, 2016 at 16:10
I think 'could you please be a little quieter, we're trying to get some sleep' is a fairly polite reasonable request. :The response 'that was a f.... woman who asked me to be quiet I'm going to go over and shoot her' I think was a response just a bit over the top and a tad threatening but hey it was the NT and I guess we should have just manned up and gone for the shotgun I should have been carrying behind the seat.
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

FollowupID: 865722

Follow Up By: rumpig - Sunday, Feb 28, 2016 at 19:36

Sunday, Feb 28, 2016 at 19:36
I don't even start with "could you please"...i usually start with "excuse me guys, i don't won't to be a pain, but....yadda, yadda, yadda". I usually make sure to tell them i don't won't the music turned off, i just want it turned down a touch. In doing it this way i'm not asking them straight up to do something, i'm apoligising for aproaching them first of all...i find it works much better that way and isn't a straight up confrontation. Likely in the situation you describe it would have made no differance, but obviously your experience is on the extreme side of what can happen also....as is your response to the siuation at the end of your reply.
FollowupID: 865729

Reply By: vk1dx - Monday, Feb 29, 2016 at 08:20

Monday, Feb 29, 2016 at 08:20
A thread like this really shows who are "wolves in sheep clothing". Some of the regulars really showed their true colours!!!!

We occasionally travel with a group on club outings and I don't recall anyone being up after about 11-12. The days are usually full of sometimes challenging and always interesting driving and/or events. We and the group also enjoy a beer or wine after dinner. Noise - yes some do speak louder than others. Swear - yes some do that also. But annoy the neighbours - I think not.

Just home after a 70th. That was noisy but it was on the "party boy's" property and in their homestead. I didn't hear the cattle complaining.Well they were miles away.

All my camping and 4wding life there have been tools like those reported above. We will never rid ourselves of the vermin so we try to avoid crowded camps. I guess that is why we enjoy the high country and aussie deserts.

Phil
AnswerID: 596783

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Mar 01, 2016 at 13:28

Tuesday, Mar 01, 2016 at 13:28
OK so I ask you all to take a moment to share the Travel Etiquette article we have prepared that covers all this and more. Please feel welcome to use whatever means you wish to share this information - share it on your Facebook page, or a relevant Group or Page. There are some groups of 4WDrivers/Campers that are not on ExplorOz but surely they can be reached - just reach out and highlight the code of conduct that we all desire and respect. It's not much but surely better than complaining. ExplorOz Article - Travel Etiquette
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 596825

Follow Up By: Gronk - Tuesday, Mar 01, 2016 at 18:16

Tuesday, Mar 01, 2016 at 18:16
Just one minor point........have never heard of a 9pm curfew for music or anything else .

Have been to a few campgrounds where 10pm was the general curfew.

If I was next to someone who went to bed at 8pm, I'd hope they weren't up at 6.30am making a noise ?? Works both ways !!
FollowupID: 865791

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Mar 01, 2016 at 18:24

Tuesday, Mar 01, 2016 at 18:24
Gee, maybe times have changed. I'd be very interested to hear if others agree that 10pm has become the new curfew? Is this really the norm at most CP's now?

BTW - I'm always up just on dawn when away to get the most of the early natural light (photographs) and it's the best time to observe nature. I wouldn't even consider what "time" it was. Don't usually wear a watch either? so yes it does go both ways but consideration of others is the constant.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 865792

Follow Up By: GerryG - Tuesday, Mar 01, 2016 at 20:37

Tuesday, Mar 01, 2016 at 20:37
RE your comment: "It's not much, but surely better than complaining"
Funny old world we live in. Now we have a "travel etiquette" not necessarily for the offenders, but for the ones who are effected and who are daring enough to complain! (which was on behalf of the dozens of others that couldn't sleep).
FollowupID: 865803

Follow Up By: Gronk - Tuesday, Mar 01, 2016 at 21:49

Tuesday, Mar 01, 2016 at 21:49
I never knew 9pm was a curfew ?? I have never seen a sign at a CP or campground mention 9pm ?
But I have seen many 10pm signs !! But by the same token, a 10pm sign doesn't say you must stop talking and go to bed ?

But ......just because a person decides to go to bed at 9pm, doesn't mean they can get up at 6.30am and start their 4wd , slam doors and make a noise.

As I said, works both ways.

Grey nomads are usually very good at departing early of a morning and not disturbing others.....maybe heaps of practise ??
FollowupID: 865806

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Mar 01, 2016 at 23:05

Tuesday, Mar 01, 2016 at 23:05
Gerry G i think youve misunderstood my intentions as i didnt mean to cause any tension with you.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 865810

Follow Up By: GerryG - Wednesday, Mar 02, 2016 at 19:19

Wednesday, Mar 02, 2016 at 19:19
OK here's the plan ! Let's do something. Let's start a campaign. "tread lightly, camp quietly". Other groups like "Clean-up Australia" have done well. "Slip, slop, slap" got the message through. There are plenty of others and we can do this one.
We'll start with 10,000 "tread lightly, camp quietly" stickers made and aim to get one on every 4WD that goes camping. We can do this by getting them to every 4WD club, 4WD camping show and 4WD supply outlet.
With permission from ExplorerOz we'll use their "travel Etiquette" brochure as a back up.
We can start to encourage camping venues to advertise the fact that they are a "tread lightly, camp quietly" place to stay. The rules can be simple. a. Bed down (not quieten down!) between 10pm and 6am. b. One routine drive around at curfew to detect and remind potential trouble spots. c. A reliable after hours contact to management advising of noisy campers.
I bet that almost every one that goes camping has some sort of tale to tell re noisy neighbours that have kept them up late. And the problem is that almost all of these night owls don't realise how much their noise is travelling. Remember being deprived of sleep in most countries is considered to be a form of torture!
Let's do it!
GerryG. Tread lightly, camp quietly.
FollowupID: 865826

Follow Up By: Gronk - Wednesday, Mar 02, 2016 at 21:11

Wednesday, Mar 02, 2016 at 21:11
Gerry, are you suggesting a campaign to have people go to bed at 10pm ??

I'm all for education on etiquette for camping, but a time frame on when people should go to bed ?? Won't happen. What about no waking before 8am ?? If I'm forced to go to bed early, I want to sleep in.

I think your idea was in jest, but suggesting when a person can or can't sleep is fanciful.

FollowupID: 865829

Follow Up By: Member - Blue M - Thursday, Mar 03, 2016 at 02:11

Thursday, Mar 03, 2016 at 02:11
GerryG,
I think I was about 12 years old the last time someone (my Mother) told me I had to go to sleep before 10:00pm.

a. Bed down (not quieten down!) between 10pm and 6am

You could print and hand out a 1,000,000 bumper stickers if you wish, but you can be assured that I will not be dictated be "you" or anybody else for that matter, that I must be asleep by 22:00.

b. One routine drive around at curfew to detect and remind potential trouble spots.

Then you want someone to come around and enforce that I am tucked in by the bewitching hour.
Never going to happen.

I really think some people need to understand that things are not going to go 100% your way 100% of the time.

Just my thoughts on this subject.

Cheers

FollowupID: 865842

Follow Up By: GerryG - Thursday, Mar 03, 2016 at 09:09

Thursday, Mar 03, 2016 at 09:09
The "bed down" bit is referring to the fairly universal 10pm curfew in most Australian campgrounds; it's just an expression. I owned and ran a large caravan Park for many years and found that it never really worked telling people to "quieten" down after this time. With alcohol and comradeship around a campfire, bursts of laughter etc is what keeps neighbours awake. Then problems continue next day for management with complaints. I'm sure that in almost all cases, people simply don't know how much noise they're making.
To a lesser degree and as pointed out by other Forum users, early risers can also be a disturbance packing up tent poles, pegs and opening /closing doors, but I'm not suggesting one isn't allowed out of bed before 6, just be conscience of your neighbours before this time.
Anyway, it's all just an idea. (I wonder if the originator of clean up Australia was plagued with comments from the public about having to clean up other peoples rubbish?)
FollowupID: 865856

Sponsored Links