User treks map missing

Submitted: Friday, May 06, 2016 at 08:46
ThreadID: 132325 Views:1689 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
In the past I could search for user treks by a map, just like you can still do for EO treks.

But... the option for map search is missing in user treks and I have to search by latest or alphabetically by the name the user called the trek in a list. Almost impossible to find anything.

David and co, this appears to be an oversight in the User treks. Is it coming back?

How on earth will I know for sure that Stephen L and the Landy have beaten me to every corner ( and god dammed confluence point) of WA and SA.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 07:32

Sunday, May 29, 2016 at 07:32
Any answer to this?

Why has the map for user treks disappeared?

You can search for treks by state and name, but not by the map like you used to be able to do ( and still can with EO treks)

The names generically give no indication of the location of the trek and make it very difficult to use.

Please put the map back.

AnswerID: 600692

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Monday, May 30, 2016 at 13:13

Monday, May 30, 2016 at 13:13
bump.

Michelle / David?
AnswerID: 600735

Follow Up By: ModSquad - Sunday, Jun 19, 2016 at 17:19

Sunday, Jun 19, 2016 at 17:19
Hi there, sorry for the long delay we thought we'd got back to you..... and I use the Royal "We" there... We did get a reply back and the map function has been nobbled as some road lines will show over 40 different User Treks crossing over it so it was impossible to create a map search as there was no way to select one route.

There are other options to search:
a. User Treks can be found via selecting from lists – to refine results, so via a state, and a region.
b. User Treks can be found via search – this looks up start/end point place names

One of the difficulties with user generated input is the naming as these are created by the user and "Big Lap" features a bit.
Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 871105

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Monday, Jun 20, 2016 at 08:56

Monday, Jun 20, 2016 at 08:56
That can't be correct. There WAS a map search view until about a year or so agi and it worked well.

Some treks are invalid because of false GPS location readings and these go all over the place but that is still the case with name search.

It WAS working well.

The problem now is that the search has no correlation to the name of the treks or the start / end point. For example many ( most?) treks for Cape York start and end inMelbourne or Sydney. Several of the Madigan line start in Brisbane or Adelaide. Lots even start at position 0, 0 of the west coast of Africa until the GPS obviously started locking into the sats.

The names of the treks are not standardized. They have names like Wozzo's trip or 2016 outback track.

How do I search for that? The only way to reliably find a trek is by a map that is zoomed in.
It used to be really good, In fact it was the reason I took up membership again.

Surely it can be put back to what it was a year or so ago to make it useful.
FollowupID: 871136

Reply By: ModSquad - Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 12:01

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 12:01
We'll shoot it to the crew Boobook, you can email too at info@exploroz.com and ask similars.

All the best

The Squad
Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 600772

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Friday, Jun 17, 2016 at 07:43

Friday, Jun 17, 2016 at 07:43
I still haven't got an answer to this.

It it policy to ignore some questions?
FollowupID: 870903

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Thursday, Jun 23, 2016 at 07:07

Thursday, Jun 23, 2016 at 07:07
I am stunned that lack of support to a paid member can go this long.
FollowupID: 871278

Sponsored Links