A Newie in a Troopy

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 03, 2004 at 22:47
ThreadID: 13440 Views:1780 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, I have been reading this forum with interest and wonder if anyone could recommend 4WD lessons in the Sydney area. I have a list of about 12 and it seems hard to pick which one would be the best. Not planing on doing extreme trips yet, just need some basic safety lessons to start with.

C in a Troopy

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Thursday, Jun 03, 2004 at 22:51

Thursday, Jun 03, 2004 at 22:51
Cina Troopy,
I am a bit one eyed but you could give Great Divide Tours a ring. You can get hold of Vic on 02 99131395.

Wayne
AnswerID: 61588

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie- Thursday, Jun 03, 2004 at 22:57

Thursday, Jun 03, 2004 at 22:57
Cina Troopie,
I can vouch for what Wayne says....they're great and you get to take the pyss out of Vic given his diminutive statue!!! LOL
Plus, the Braidwood bush setting is grouse....it's simply a great weekend.
Regards,
FollowupID: 323072

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Thursday, Jun 03, 2004 at 22:52

Thursday, Jun 03, 2004 at 22:52
Cina Troopy, welcome. Don't know any that I can help with, but you seem to have a vehicle that has a stong devoted following. Reckon you could call up a couple and ask what they can do for you......

Have fun
AnswerID: 61589

Reply By: Member - John (Vic) - Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 01:18

Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 01:18
Hiya Cina Troopy
Nice to see a fellow owner of the finest 4wd ever built. LOL on this forum.

Waynes advice is good, the company that he works for (Great Divide) has a very good reputation in the business.

Or if that doesn't suit maybe join the Toyota Landcrusier Club in Sydney.

All the best with it.
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 61603

Reply By: Cina Troopy - Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 08:28

Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 08:28
Thanks for the advice, will be taking the Troopy camping for the first time this weekend down the Wollondilly so if the gear seems in order will ring and book in, this one at Braidwood appealed to me so your recommendations confirm it should be a good choice.

C in a Troopy
Life is what you make it

[ View Image]
AnswerID: 61617

Follow Up By: Wayne (NSW) - Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 09:33

Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 09:33
Cina Troopy,
The next driver training weekend is the 19-20 June. If you can make it for that one I will see you there.if not have a good weekend with the other trainers and don't forget to give Vic heaps. I will not be back there until I come back from the Simpson or Kimberley or both, and that should be in about September. Bugger! Just looked at the calendar and I have another Simpson crossing in September. Looks like October before another weekend at Braidwood.

Wayne
FollowupID: 323107

Reply By: Troopie - Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 14:26

Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 14:26
G'day Cina Troopy
While I have never done any formal driver training - grew up in the bush learning by mistake - I can't make a personal recommendation - but do know a few people that have done the GDT course and spoke highly of it. (I have no association what so ever)

What I can say with confidence is welcome to the wonderful world of owning a Troopy. They are a truly awesome truck - although my tag may indicate some bias.... ;-)

FYI - there is a also a group on Yahoo specifically dedicated to Troopies. Not a real large or active list - but makes up for that with great people and advice.

Check out http://groups.yahoo.com/group/troopyoz

Cheers
AnswerID: 61684

Reply By: Cina Troopy - Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 07:20

Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 07:20
Thanks Wayne, I had checked the dates on the web site but unfortunately the 19th doesnt suit. I am sure you will have a great time away.

Looks like a good weekend to be out and about, I havent packed all thats on the lists but the Troopy is filling up lol. Now I know why some have trailers.

Troopie I think getting used to driving these bigger vehicles is easier in the country, I haven't had a go yet as I feel I would just wipe out a whole street of parked cars it seems so big. Thanks also for the yahoo site, I am into MSN sites and find them simpler, I will join it and work it out when I have a bit more time.

Time to get the Troopy on the road, have a good weekend everyone.

CinaTroopy

AnswerID: 61793

Sponsored Links