Sydney to Broome in June/July

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 29, 2017 at 09:21
ThreadID: 134563 Views:2777 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

I'm planning a 6 week trip from Sydney to Broome in a caravan 2 weeks before and after the NSA/WA school holidays. I'll then take an additional couple of weeks to drive home while the wife and kids fly home.

From my very, very rough plan, it looks like I'd be in Perth, Geraldton and Monkey Mia during the 2 week school holiday period. How are the coastal caravan parks during that period? Would they be booked out already? Can I get by without booking? We'll be fully self sufficient as long as we can get water/dump points every couple of days.

Cheers,

Han.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: new boy - Wednesday, Mar 29, 2017 at 09:32

Wednesday, Mar 29, 2017 at 09:32
Han I assume you are talking the end of June holidays if so Perth and Geraldton should be ok maybe a phone call a couple of days before your sure you will be there would help. Monkey Mia and or Denham would be a different kettle as the grey nomad band move in to this area and a booking at least say a week out would be necessary.
North of Gero top up with water at all points it is avaiable at most Info centres for a couple of dollars .Plenty of free camps north of Perth to Broome several these days have dump points
AnswerID: 609781

Reply By: Rangiephil - Wednesday, Mar 29, 2017 at 11:44

Wednesday, Mar 29, 2017 at 11:44
About half of the residents of Albany Esperence and all towns in the vicinity arrive in Broome starting the June long weekend and stay for 3 months, along with crochet clubs, Christmas decos etc.
The prices at the Cable Beach caravan park for example go up then.
Unless you have booked, you have to count on cancellations, no shows etc, and will find it difficult at any of the town caravan parks.
We have now done it twice and been lucky enough to get into Cable Beach for AFAIR 4 days . They promised to look after us when we went up to Cape Levique and they were good to their word and found us a spot for a few days.
Regards Philip A
AnswerID: 609788

Sponsored Links