Place Review: Old Andado

My Place Rating: My Rating 4/5

FyI Old Andando homestead will be closed from the end of August. Molly is buried nearby. She died in 2012.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Aug 08, 2018 at 12:09

Wednesday, Aug 08, 2018 at 12:09
HI Greg, actually that doesn't appear to be correct. If you check the latest post on the Old Andado Facebook page (23rd July 2018), it states that they have decided to lease the property to a new tourism based business and that visitors will continue to have access to camping and the homestead. I have added this information to our Trek Note and to the Place listing.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 620585

Follow Up By: Les - PK Ranger - Wednesday, Aug 08, 2018 at 13:10

Wednesday, Aug 08, 2018 at 13:10
"a new tourism based business "

Usually reasonable to expect that would mean a commercial focus on financial viability.

Just visited the official website, nothing mentioned there.
In fact the site looks stagnant, last posts about Mollys Bash being cancelled, and caretakers applications for 2016.

Maybe the whole thing just passed the time of being a conservation / volunteer type of arrangement under Friends of Old Andado, and inevitably had to become a commercial venture.

Obviously easier to handball the whole thing to this sort of operator, but it will be an interesting life for someone to base there themselves, if they plan to . . .
They might choose to leave it as some sort of volunteer type of caretaker being on site.

Possible the homestead could be left as free access to explore, or maybe packaged up access to campers, better facilities, higher cost etc.

Guess we'll find out.

FollowupID: 893065

Reply By: cookie1 - Friday, Aug 17, 2018 at 10:29

Friday, Aug 17, 2018 at 10:29
This is directly from Old Andado Facebook page

"Its been a long time between posts and a lot has happened in that time and I am not able to make comment at this stage.

The families plans to secure a better future for Old Andado Station have been assessed and we have unanimously decided to ready the property for lease to a tourism based business. It is very early days in this process and we ask for your patience as this evolves. On the ground at Old Andado things will remain the same with access to camping and the Homestead.

Our long term Caretaker, Cobby Bob, will be moving on, at our request, to allow us to ready the Homestead and property for the lessee. Please direct any enquiries to this page via PM or email info@oldandado.com.au

Thank you, Meegan & the other family/owners."

So it's not closing
AnswerID: 620731

Sponsored Links