Balladonia rd WA

Submitted: Monday, Jul 05, 2021 at 18:34
ThreadID: 142108 Views:5395 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello everyone
I wanted to give anyone travelling in WA a heads up on this (closed rd)
In 2013 I travelled from Balladonia to Condigup via this rd and the Parmango rd and again in June 2021 . In 2013 it was very wet and tricky track until you get to the Esperance council part, approx 62 klms.
This year the sign is still rd closed. So I went again across the track, it was not as bad with just few wet patches then 62 klms in the rd becomes Esperance council responsibility and is perfectly maintained.
Politics, and councils,!!! We called in at Deralinya station a historic homestead which is now occupied by Rodger, who gave us a great guided tour of the place and history , he was also quite clear on the battle between Norseman and Esperance councils over “ the short cut Balladonia rd and how Norseman council don’t maintain there half as they want you to travel through there tiwn and Esperance want you to.
So if you are the sign and don’t travel with caravans , I’d say your fine to go through, proceed with caution or not at all after rain.

Cheers hope this is of some use don
Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Les - PK Ranger - Tuesday, Jul 06, 2021 at 08:54

Tuesday, Jul 06, 2021 at 08:54
That's a shame.
I wonder how many people know it's closed either heading that way from Esperance, or when exiting the Israelite Bay access.
I take it it's signed as closed at the Balladonia end ?

We drove it in 2018 from Esperance heading back to Cocklebiddy to head north.
As you say Deralinya is a wonderful stop, we camped on stretchers under the old workshed verandah.

We found f=the road quite ok right through back then, so maybe this has deteriorated in the past few years.
AnswerID: 637064

Sponsored Links