Short trails in Blue Mountains NSW

Submitted: Monday, Jul 08, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1449 Views:1827 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all .... Does anyone know of any easy short trails that are open to the public in the Blue Montains. Preferably around Blackheath, Katoomba, Leura and only for one or two hours. I will be up there sometime in the next couple of weeks for a couple of days, but won't have the opportunity to head up to the Newnes plateau, Wollemi, or Kanangra. However, I'd still like to get the car a little dirty. The NPWS recommended trails to McMahons lookout and Ingar camping ground remain closed since the Xmas bushfires.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Darren - Monday, Jul 08, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Jul 08, 2002 at 00:00
Savvas try the boiling billy books . The one we use is called 4wd treks close to sydney.It has distances,type of trek,time taken and trailer suitability.We hope this helps
AnswerID: 4750

Reply By: Member - Tony - Monday, Jul 08, 2002 at 00:00

G'day Savvas, I think you'll find most Blue Mtns tracks are still closed in the areas you spoke of (not that there was much open to 4WDs anyway!). You may have to go a little further (Kanagra-Boyd NP or Lithgow area) to find some real fun. I'd go Kanagra - you can go Kowmung Fire Trail, Mt Werong etc, or back towards Oberon. Plenty of State Forests, fire trails etc. Good maps are CMA Shooters Hill (8830-II-S) and Gurnang (8829-I-N). You didn't say if you were going overnighters, but there is camping at Dingo Dell (drop toilet) and Limeburners Flat (nil facilities). Have fun, Tony
AnswerID: 4752

Follow Up By: Member - Tony - Monday, Jul 08, 2002 at 00:00

Sorry Savvas, I forgot you mentioned you probably won't get to Kanagra, but it is only about another hour and a bit from Katoomba, and the trails are worth the effort to get there. Cheers, Tony
FollowupID: 2017

Sponsored Links