NineMSN 4WD Survey

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 15:30
ThreadID: 20468 Views:1636 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

The anti-4WD banter must be considered worthy of the news media. I have NineMSN website setup as my home page. They have a daily survey and today's gem is "Should 4WD owners pay more to have their cars in the city" (or words to that effect).

When I cast my vote the count was YES = 14,000 NO = 17,500

I don't know who requests or uses this info, though I suspect it is for their own use to gauge relative interest and devisiveness of the issue, likely in response to all the other rubbish being reported.

Anyhow, if you want to cast a vote visit their home page. At least this is an opportunity for us to express our view via the vote key and if enough of us respond then maybe Nine will think this is a dead issue. I suspect if the numbers remain about even they'll think this an issue to keep stirring!
NineMSN Homepage"

Regards, Hugh
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Craig M (NSW) - Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 15:41

Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 15:41
Hi Hugh,
This was posted earlier this morning, and we were discussing ways of getting more useful votes. And so far it seems to be working.

Cheers
AnswerID: 98515

Follow Up By: Member - Hugh (WA) - Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 19:53

Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 19:53
Hi Craig,

I must be blind! I figured this may have been commented on already and looked through the list of new posts before sending this out, though obviously without enough attention to Cruiser's message on same topic.

Anyhow, pleased to see at last count YES = 20,000 NO = 31,000

Regards,
Hugh
FollowupID: 356967

Reply By: Member - Smocky (NSW) - Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 15:53

Tuesday, Feb 15, 2005 at 15:53
G'day, I think this may have been in response to Nth Sydney Council, whom has doubled parking fees for 4wd's.

It's an interesting action, but I think most people are going to see straight through their "it's an environmental thing" argument.

It's ceretainly stirred up some publicity for them and got their insignificant names in the paper. 'B' list celebrities do things like this all the time when the "conveniently" get photographed without a top on. It's called doing something controvesial to draw attention to yourself.

Anyway, have voted here at work, will walk around and vote on everyone elses Pc's here at work and will do so at home as well.

The only thing worthy of consideration in the whole debate is having either different driver training or a different class of license. I agree with that. You shouldn't learn in an automatic Mitsubishi Mirage then jump straight into Dad's V8 Landie.

Cheers all, stay safe.
AnswerID: 98516

Reply By: Kata - Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 00:01

Wednesday, Feb 16, 2005 at 00:01
Good to see everybody has gotten behind it

235181 YES

35540 NO

Cheers
Kata
AnswerID: 98589

Sponsored Links