mini bike & dog friendly 4wd holiday parks

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 13, 2005 at 13:27
ThreadID: 21184 Views:2629 Replies:7 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Greetings campers and others...
Any of yuse know of any decent getaway places handy to Brisbane that are happy to have a doggie ( friendly and quiet) and a little 6 y.o. kid on a mini bike amongst
their patrons. Thanks heaps happy campers.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Utemad - Sunday, Mar 13, 2005 at 15:30

Sunday, Mar 13, 2005 at 15:30
Black Duck Valley 4wd Park has a mini-motocross track. Don't know about dogs though.
AnswerID: 102233

Follow Up By: dano01 - Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 14:47

Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 14:47
Black duck valley is the place to go. I went there on the weekend had a ball. I dont ride motor bikes i went there for the 4wding, there is some good tracks in there. You can take dogs but under control but sounds like your dog is ok anyway. Also lot places where your 6 year old can ride our crew had 3 kids all under 6 ride. take the trip you will enjoy it out there.
FollowupID: 360118

Reply By: Member - Geoff & Karen - Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 12:12

Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 12:12
Somewhere where we wont be hopefully. There is nothing worse that having some ones dog sniffing around your campsite and then you looking over and doing their doggy do business on the grass near your campsite and the owners don't even pick it up. The kids run through it while they are playing.

As for motor bikes in a camp site, joy oh joy, we have actually packed up and moved camp site cause of campers who have turned up with thier kids and motor bikes. They come along and have no consideration that it might give other campers the willies having bikes screaming up and down. You go away camping for peace and quiet, not to listen to screaming bikes and dogs sniffing around your campsite.

I reckon if you wont to take the dog and the bikes go bush where no one else is. Alot of people don't and won't come up and say your dog or your bikes are giving us the shiits, and you think it's fine. You will prpbably read this and go "what a sook", but actually put yourself in our position. And think, shiit, maybe she is right. CAUSE IT IS DAMN RIGHT ANNOYING.

So now that I have had my say, and probably upset you, I will go.
From a "happy camper"
Karen
AnswerID: 102348

Follow Up By: Member - Jimbo (VIC) - Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 12:32

Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 12:32
That's a bit savage Karen,

He did say a quiet dog and I'm guessing the mini bike is one of those piddly little four stroke jobs that you can hardly hear (after all it is for a six year old, I doubt it's a Harley).

The most common form of aggravation I get when camping is the humble car stereo played at all hours of the night. Makes a lot more noise than a sleeping dog and a parked mini bike.

Cheers,

Jim.
FollowupID: 360096

Follow Up By: dano01 - Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 15:04

Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 15:04
I'm with you Jim. the humble car stereo blasting in the night is annoying. Like i said further up i went to black duck valley on the weekend, I dont have a motor bike or a dog but hey during the day when they were all out riding we were out to enjoying what the bush has to offer not sitting around camper wasting the weekend on nothing. The bikes didn't bother us cause like you said they are parked up at night. I can't see any happy holidaying around our friend Karen maybe she should be the out in the bush away from everyone else so she has nothing to whinge about. No wonder there too volience in the world there is not tolorence for other peoples right to do their own thing with in reason.
FollowupID: 360120

Reply By: Member - Chrispy (NSW) - Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 12:23

Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 12:23
There's a link to the right - look in the RHS margin of the page - that covers dogs and holidaying. There are several publications covering the topic available from your fave camping store - and most of them have a full index of caravan parks and motels that allow dogs, as well as places to go that, unlike National Parks, allow them. Remember - if you are going through a National Park, you can have dogs with you in the car but you can't let them out until you hit the other side.
AnswerID: 102349

Follow Up By: Member - Chrispy (NSW) - Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 12:27

Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 12:27
The "Specials" colums seems to display products and books at random - so go to the top page of the forum and refresh a few times - you'll eventually see it.
FollowupID: 360094

Reply By: Wizard1 - Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 15:21

Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 15:21
I can accept a dog, which will hopefuly be under some sort of control, one would hope...But as for the mini bike I have a suggestion but it involves a 2 day drive toward the Simpson Desert...

I can't believe people that are are selfish enough to bring the incideous noise caused by a mini bike to destroy eveyone elses peace and quiet, but not to under state the possible hazard of a minor riding around a camping area probably unchecked.

Camping areas have enough selfish users thinking only of their own pleasures and not giving a damn about others with out any more..............

If you wish to repecharge my comments...Feel free, I can provide numerous anecdotes where the selfish behaviour of those using motorcyles, etc can turn a camp site into hell...........

Wizard
Gold Coast
AnswerID: 102372

Follow Up By: Member - Jimbo (VIC) - Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 15:39

Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 15:39
"but not to under state the possible hazard of a minor riding around a camping area probably unchecked." That is a scurrilous, unfounded slur on Bluey's capacity as a parent.

"Camping areas have enough selfish users thinking only of their own pleasures and not giving a damn about others with out any more.............. ". You don't think maybe your attitude is encroaching on a little boy's right to enjoy himself? Fair dinkhum, it's a little kid on a mini bike riding around during the day. Don't you make any noise? It's the bush, not a library.

I camp regularly at Gembrook which is a haven for loud motor bikes. Sure, they make noise during the day, but it's their bush as much as mine to enjoy how they see fit. I don't own it.

Wizard, were you ever young?

Cheers,

Jim.
FollowupID: 360124

Reply By: rudu - Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 18:27

Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 18:27
jingos

The problem is everyone thinks there more important then anyone else, we should all remember were not alone on this planet and try to get along. Poor bloke just wants to take his kids out for some fun.

Just give everyone some space and all get along

Anyway state forests are the best bet for dogs and a bit more freedom.
AnswerID: 102392

Follow Up By: Member - Jimbo (VIC) - Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 20:20

Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 20:20
Agree, totally.

Didn't a wise man once say, "Live and Let Live"
FollowupID: 360147

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 18:56

Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 18:56
Sounds to me as if Black Duck Valley is a purpose designed recreational park for the little ankle biters to enjoy the outdoors and their sport.

If people don't like the sound of motor bikes, or the sniffing of dogs around their feet, then go somewhere else. It's a big country and there's room for all.

My personal whinge is Water Skiers. I love the River Murray and just about anything else that is on, or in it. Except speed boats that is. It destroys my serenity. But hey, they have as much right to the River as I do, so I make sure I'm far enough away from Shacks = Boat Ramps = Water Skiers, so that they don't bother me.
By the way, when I was younger, I just loved to go Water Skiing ON THE MURRAY, so it's all about one's (current) perspective on life isn't it?

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 102402

Follow Up By: Member - Jimbo (VIC) - Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 20:22

Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 20:22
Very sound thoughts.
FollowupID: 360148

Reply By: Member - Frank - Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 20:49

Monday, Mar 14, 2005 at 20:49
hey people we are all indeviduals and have our own ways

so we will never be where we do not want to be (not for long anyway)

so dont worry

frank
AnswerID: 102414

Sponsored Links