Innamincka to Bedourie

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 20, 2005 at 22:08
ThreadID: 21390 Views:2848 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G'day,

Going to be out at Coongie Lakes for a couple of days in August before heading to Bedourie via Innamincka, up Cordillo Downs road to Diamantina Development road, then on to Bedourie.

Will obviously fuel up at Innamincka and will plan to carry enough to get to Bedourie. Looks like there is no fuel between the two unless I detour to Windorah.

Can anyone confirm that?

Also looking for bush camping sites along the way. According to EO trek notes there's bush camping somewhere between Haddons Corner and the JC Hotel ruins.

Anyone know of any other camping sites?

How about camping between JC Hotel ruins and Bedourie ?

Regards,
John.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Peter McGuckian (Member) - Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 12:43

Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 12:43
John

Why not go via Birdsville, spend a couple of days with Ruth and co and have a schnitzel at the pub.

There's a couple of sites on the road before Cordillo Downs near the creeks and a good site near the Cadelga homestead ruins.

Peter
Peter
VKS Mobile 1906

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 103280

Follow Up By: Member - John (Bathurst) - Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 17:59

Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 17:59
Peter,

Thanks for that. Actually we're saving Ruth and Birdsville for another time when we eventually do the Simpson.

John
FollowupID: 360899

Reply By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 16:57

Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 16:57
Hello John, plenty of good camping sites - Cadelga is good as Peter said - good ones on the road from Betoota to Bedourie. Though, sometimes what we 'bushies' alls a good camp site might be different from what you'd call a good site. Not many sites with swimming pools, palm trees and drink waiters - we just look for a protected spot (like a good sand hill or quarry site) - flat ground, no prickles, out of the wind/dust good spot for campfire and clear view of the glorious sky above. How's that sound. Definitely, no fuel though so be prepared. Have a good trip.
AnswerID: 103322

Follow Up By: Member - John (Bathurst) - Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 18:09

Monday, Mar 21, 2005 at 18:09
Thanks Ruth,

Your idea of a camping spot is exactly our idea. Looking forward to getting out there.

John
FollowupID: 360900

Sponsored Links