RealEzy Boat Trailer

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 21, 2005 at 18:49
ThreadID: 24064 Views:2648 Replies:6 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
For a few years now I've been carrying a 3.1mtr pointy nose punt on the top of my Halls Camper Trailer, but have been frustrated by having to camp within close proximity of launching facilities. I did make things easier by building myself a little hand trolly to wheel the boat and motor to the water but was still limited to staying within pushing distance as the fibre glass canopy does not allow me to cartop.
I have been aware of the Little Bulldog folding trailer but major spinal surgery together with general decrepidness put the weight of this trailer way beyond anything I could handle as it folds only, does not break down.
Some time ago I saw a link on this site to RealEzy Boat Trailers and thought they might be the solution to my problem so weekend before last I made the trip to Maclean from Sydney to have a good look them and wound up buying the little sucker on the spot.
The particular model I bought (with suspension) breaks down with the heaviest section being 19kg and 1.2mtrs long, the whole sucker fits crossways in the back of the Bravo in front of the tailgate. My son had it out and assembled in 12 minutes having never seen one before.
The build quality of these things is first class and warrant inspection by anyone looking for a travelling trailer - Wife and I are now looking forward to being able to to widen the scope of places to both stay and fish with the options opened up with this piece of equipment.
Will update with further info as I put some K's up on the trailer.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Jun 21, 2005 at 20:02

Tuesday, Jun 21, 2005 at 20:02
Check out Real-Ezy they have been a long term ExplorOz advertiser.

Great to see such a positve comment.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 116778

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 00:12

Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 00:12
I have a similar product made in Queensland called "Flip'n'Easy".
The price is $995 making them very competitive.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 116825

Reply By: Member - Wim (Qld) - Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 07:22

Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 07:22
Ian W (NSW).

Have had the same for two years now. Some of the places I camp are Two K's from the boat ramp. No probs now. Very strong as well.

Regards
Camper setup
July 2012 - Hay River & Binns track
VKS 737 Mobile 0091
Selcall 0091

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 116831

Reply By: Member - Willie , Epping .Syd. - Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 09:23

Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 09:23
Hi Ian ,
I think that they look good if you need to register have a road registered means of transport . If you are happy to use a gadget that is unregisterable , but fine for towing slowly for a klm , then I think the best option is the wheels that clamp on to the side of the tinnie with an attachment for the bow which locks onto the towbar .
Half the price and a third of the weight .I have one which was made for me by a very clever fellow on the central coast . It's really great .
Cheers ,
Willie .
AnswerID: 116852

Follow Up By: Member - Ian W (NSW) - Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 12:40

Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 12:40
Hi WiIlie,
If your happy to take the risk towing an unregistered/uninsured trailer, (thats what your boat is when attatched to the car), then go for it.

I'm not prepared to do that and am aware of one town on the NSW far northcoast where the local police actively hunt and infringe such setups.

As mentioned in my original post I wanted a trailer that allowed me to range far and wide from my campsite, towable at speeds of no less than 80kph on made roads and also to be able to tow around Sydney as my wife and I are keen Bass fishers.

I found it extremely frustrating to have an ideal little bass chaser and not to be able to use the damn thing aound Sydney and as you might now guess we are don't restrict our fishing to holiday/camping trips.

We now have a host more camping sites or caravan parks available to us instead of having to camp within "pushing" distance" of the water. We no longer have to up camp & move to fish the next river/lake that was only 20/30Ks up the road

Each to his own I suppose. I'm sure your attatchment was half the price of my trailer but would suggest it does half the job. The old saying about getting what you pay for rings true.

I wanted more! I got more! Therefor I paid more! And when one sees the manufacturing quality and finish I have no doubt I've received value for money

Regards

Ian
FollowupID: 372345

Follow Up By: Member - Willie , Epping .Syd. - Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 21:14

Wednesday, Jun 22, 2005 at 21:14
Ian ,
NO , you did not mention in your original post that you wanted "to range far and wide " . Obviously I cannot do this and would not suggest that any one else did with my gadget .
Willie .
FollowupID: 372461

Reply By: Member - Ian W (NSW) - Thursday, Jun 23, 2005 at 08:41

Thursday, Jun 23, 2005 at 08:41
No disrespect intended Willie - My post made sense to me when I wrote it but on the reread it does appear a little ambivelant. Yes what I was looking for were all the advantages of a trailer boat whilst travelling with my tent trailer

Regards
Ian
AnswerID: 116999

Follow Up By: Member - Robert T (NSW) - Thursday, Jun 23, 2005 at 22:02

Thursday, Jun 23, 2005 at 22:02
IAN i bought nymboida suspension modle and it carries a ultralite 3.7 mtr car topper that only weights 43.5klgs on it so i cut back the middle leaf in the spring to make it ride smoother boat being so lite it works very well, but for the money should have been GOLD plated but then again its the best that you can buy nice people to deal with to
FollowupID: 372610

Reply By: snow - Thursday, Jun 23, 2005 at 13:04

Thursday, Jun 23, 2005 at 13:04
Yep, way to go eh, we built a break dow type for 400 odd, galvanised also but may look at making an alloy job next time around.
AnswerID: 117043

Sponsored Links