Road Conditions

Submitted: Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 11:45
ThreadID: 24552 Views:2049 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
The conditions information for all the reports has been (and is still being) updated today.

In fact the reports are now being updated by external authorities as well as our team. The SA reports were updated around 6AM EST today. This is also updating the dynamic maps of the roads around the place. We are still migrating data and report structures to the new format however all roads on the map are now updated.

See the Road Conditions Index

PS: The dynamic conditions map is available on the Index page and now (as of 1AM this morning WST) you can click on the actual roads on the region maps (on the state pages) for a listing of the roads where you click the mouse (still being developed as the output is not finished yet, but you will get the idea).
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 13:35

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 13:35
On ya David,

Just keeps getting better and better.

Gee I just can't help thinking about those travelling up for the National EO Gathering. It's going to be really interesting to say the least.

Looks like the way for Roachie & Company at present is via the Strezleckie Track to Innamincka and then Cordillo Downs Road. Hang on, they have Camper Trailers don't they? That means they are probably over 3 tons. (Roachie would be for sure) That means the long way around.

Ah well. Life is but a challenge anyway. Wish I was with them but couldn't get time off from work. Looking forward to some reports though.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 119435

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 14:43

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 14:43
RAOFLMAO mate......3 tonne.....yeh, the Patrol is well over 3 tonne on it's own PLUS the camper takes it up to around 4.5 tonne gross combined mass!!! I won't be risking it.
It's a bugga really, cos i had to call off the other recent planned trip to Warraweena also due to rain and closed tracks etc
Aw well, i know they need the rain, so I'm happy for all the pastoralists.
Roachie
FollowupID: 374520

Follow Up By: Member - Beatit (QLD) - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 15:28

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 15:28
G'day Roachie,

There is a drought you know! What more can you say about planning ahead when the only rain a place gets is smack bang at the same time.

Have a great trip to the Flinders.

Kind regards
FollowupID: 374532

Reply By: flappa - Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 15:37

Friday, Jul 08, 2005 at 15:37
Just had a few reports from a few of the Overlander guys heading to CC.

Nope , no way through.

Apparently a few at Broken Hill with no way forward. One heading down from QLD , and turned back, and One about 100k's from CC and stuck , no way forward or back.
AnswerID: 119452

Sponsored Links