Musso Sport

Submitted: Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 12:53
ThreadID: 31369 Views:2636 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Senn one of these Musso Sports in Mt Isa couple days ago in Coles-Kmart Car Park, looked ok , wonder how they will perform.Has anyone here got one

http://www.ssangyongaustralia.com.au/musso.html
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Notso - Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 13:14

Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 13:14
I had a drive of their diesel 4WD version a while back. Wouldn't pull the skin off a custard.

AnswerID: 158336

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (QLD) - Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 13:23

Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 13:23
Yeh i thought so , as i said it looked ok but thats like a banana eh,"A good Sydney take the kids to school car" wouldn't like to try what i do with mine , like towed a KW with 2 row 8 Dolly ,and a 4 row 8 Swing Wing trailer with a Komatsu D375 sitting on it, moved it about 15 feet till he got enough pace to jump start it, Driver said all up it would be about 87tonne, wish i took a photo for John Laws, might have a clock for the wall
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 412752

Reply By: Member - Coyote (SA) - Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 13:25

Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 13:25
I remember a few months ago 4WD monthly did an article/road test on them and came to similar conclusion.. couldn't pull skin off custard.. and in summary they said they wouldn't go near em with a barge pole..
AnswerID: 158341

Follow Up By: disco driver - Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 18:13

Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 18:13
Since when have the opinions of the various 4WD mags had any credibility on this forum

A friend of my mate's MIL's boyfriend told me that he read about Engel fridges being crap and then in another article read that waeco were no better. So What does that tell you?

I also remember reading a huge forum thread here about Landrover making 4WDOTY and the ongoing rants & raves about how little the mags know about what makes a "good" 4WD.

Incidentally, I've spoken to a couple of Rexton/Musso owners and they are very happy with what they are driving. They do everything the owners want. Perhaps it is "horses for courses".

FollowupID: 412811

Reply By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 15:28

Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 15:28
Hi Doug and Dusty - I saw the same one in Mr Isa at the beginning of last week - and in the same car park!!!
Had a good gawp at it actually - my Mother had a Musso - but the plastic bits eventually fell off it.
AnswerID: 158361

Follow Up By: Member - Doug T (QLD) - Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 15:37

Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 15:37
Hi Ruth
Maybe the owner works there , going down there shortly so i'll have a look ,works a bit quiet this week , i guess it'll happen all at once soon. might be down your way over Easter for something to do,did you se my ICON photo's , they are photo's only so i would presume your on dial up or do have Satallite, copy and paste the URL into the address bar

www.members.westnet.com.au/dtilley/icons.htm
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 412788

Follow Up By: Ruth from Birdsville Caravan Park - Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 16:41

Friday, Mar 03, 2006 at 16:41
Oh yes, could be they do work there. Haven't had a look at your photos but will do, and yes, I'm on dial-up which can be a right pain.
We'll be here at Easter - in fact got three vehicles and a coach last night - was sooo busy didn't know what to do after so many months with no-one. Gosh, it was exciting. The coach - Hollands - should be in Mt Isa tonight got a Melb. school group on it - going up to Karumba if they can get through. The got bogged coming up through Cordillo Downs yesterday - kids thought it was great. Better clean up - happy hour appears to be here this afternoon - and need to blow some dust off the BBQ area. See you soon.
FollowupID: 412801

Sponsored Links