Your club, trips and info on your club.

Submitted: Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 00:06
ThreadID: 33318 Views:3056 Replies:12 FollowUps:41
This Thread has been Archived
Just out of interest, trying to gauge our clubs (Nissan club of Victoria http://www.nissan4x4vic.com/) performance at the moment on trips compared to other clubs. I know its seasonal, but sort of on average for now for example.

Add in if your club does weekend trips, and week+ trips.

Does your club have a family/kids section
(eg we have Nissan nippers for events for family people to take kids to).. If so, what events do you run for kids of family members?

What is your clubs joining fee and yearly membership worth?

Do you see it as poor/good/great/excellent Value...?

What would you change if you had the chance within your club?

Are you REALLY happy with your club - is there another club you have found since you joined yours that may have suited you better

Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ivan (ACT) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 06:24

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 06:24
LCOOL > Land Cruiser Owners On Line > www.lcool.org

Day Trips, Weekenders, Snow Trips, Desert Trips (3 weeks plus etc) - www.lcool.org/trips/trips.html for Trip Reports

No specific trips for kids, but they are well catered for on all but the toughest of trips which are posted as being not 'kid friendly'. Most of those in the 'club' are families and the kids have long standing friendships, swapping cars and having a ball..

Joining Fee - $0, Yearly Membership - $0 Obviously not your normal club, so not covered by insurance etc, but also lacks the political bull$hit that can surround many clubs

A GREAT bunch of blokes (and families) and I have looked at others (to join as well so that I could be in a club which wasn't Just for LandCruisers - I have a mate with a Nissan) - but none seem to have the flexibility, or down to earth approach that LCOOL has.

Come on Sandy(Steve ACT)/Craig (Crackles)/Andrew (Dozer)/ Phil G - what have I missed ;-))
Cheers,

Ivan
2008 D4D Prado

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 169414

Follow Up By: Member - Stan (VIC) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 11:25

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 11:25
I'll second that!

Beeing the member of LCOOL as well as the Nissan 4wd club, I done
more trips will LCOOL in the same amount of time compared with the Club
trips ...

The problem with alot of the 4wd clubs is there are heaps of politics there, and
looks like it is easier to change/leave the club vs trying to change it...

FollowupID: 424769

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 11:56

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 11:56
>>> and looks like it is easier to change/leave the club vs trying to change it...

you aint kiddin there
FollowupID: 424778

Follow Up By: Member - bushfix - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 15:05

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 15:05
bit like the 'ol BFB eh Bruce?
FollowupID: 424821

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 15:54

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 15:54
I'd forgotten about that one! But yup.. although a lot of things that have changed there over the years have been for the better, but again 90% of changes are bull bleep .
FollowupID: 424835

Reply By: the real chopper - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 06:38

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 06:38
Fraser Cost 4wd Club

We usually have two outings a month, sometimes more, sometimes less.

We have become a very family oriented club once again with an influx of tiny members over the last two years.

We have 55 families as members.

Mostly weekend or day trips though there are two 'advantures' in the calendar for the next two years being the Simspon and Kimberleys.

Joining fee is $20, annual membership is $35

I think the value is excellent, the club was not created to make a profit or buy blocks of land and sheds full of equipment.

I would change the % of people who don't really give a damn about organising activities themselves (a problem in every group or club in the world).

I'm happy with my club, I have met some fantastic people, and I'm mature enough not to let the less than fantastic ones spoil it for my family and I.
AnswerID: 169416

Reply By: Stewy - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 09:03

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 09:03
Our clubs site

www.orvc.asn.au/
AnswerID: 169432

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 10:13

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 10:13
What do u think of your club
FollowupID: 424759

Follow Up By: Stewy - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 15:35

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 15:35
Good club, small, we are a pretty social bunch, and do more than just 4x4

$55 per year $15 one off joining fee

average two major trip per year which a good 50% of the club comes away on and at least one weekend trip or a one day social out a month

We are an older group who enjoy touring both remotely or base camping so caravans or tents depending on where the trip is bound.

Most importantly its all about fun not politics

Stu
FollowupID: 424828

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 16:32

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 16:32
do you have accredited driver training? Just tryin to figure out why ours is so fn expensive.
FollowupID: 424842

Follow Up By: Stewy - Tuesday, May 02, 2006 at 09:40

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 at 09:40
Sorry I took so long missed this question, yes we do have accredidted trainers, in fact I am one, in sa to start training it costs $55 for the training material. I try an do all my training and assesment on club trips and outings to keep the cost down, but it can get expensive when you start attending special training session with other clubs, paying for instructors fuel, venue costs ect. The orginal aim was to provide cost effective training at a club level but the Association training unit keeps changing the goal posts making it harder
FollowupID: 425536

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 09:26

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 09:26
I've since quit this club which has the name of my vehicle in the title. Like all clubs, there is good and notsogood.

Most weekend trips are training trips.
Plus at least 1 trip every long weekend.
Very few trips lasting 1,2,3 weeks - very few people in the club willing to lead trips.

Advertises itself as a family-orientated club - it was 20 years ago - but no evidence of this now. Most members are aged 50 years plus - some in their 70's and 80's

$30 joining fee $70 per year.

Value - yes. $70 per year is nothing compared to the cost of owning a 4wd. They could quadruple the fees and it would still be good value. Get money back on purchasing discounts alone. The driver training is excellent.

This club is going thru a low period. What would I change?
#1 Make it compulsory for members to lead trips or do some activity - 90% of members in this club sit on their hands. Trips are the bread and butter of a 4wd club.
#2 Make the committee smaller
#3 Charge new members for training - most new members come, do the comprehensive training for nix and then leave. Training costs are currently paid for by the membership.
#4 Kick out the feral element
#5 have 2 trip coordinators - one for long trips, and one for short trips
#6 Have a compulsory driver re-education program. Too many people did training years ago and need retraining.

I'm giving the club stuff a rest for now. I've met a lot of really superb people thru my 5 years with this club and learnt a heap. I've also put in - been on committee most of that time and led umpteen trips. But theres the odd bad egg that wears you down. Looking around for a club with a more relaxed and trip-orientated culture.
AnswerID: 169437

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 09:49

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 09:49
>>> Advertises itself as a family-orientated club - it was 20 years ago - but no evidence of this now.
Ours isnt this bad, but the old people seem to run everything to suit themselves. I joined the committee to try and change somethings to suit ALL members, and stood 0 chance.

>>> #1 Make it compulsory for members to lead trips or do some activity - 90% of members in this club sit on their hands. Trips are the bread and butter of a 4wd club.
I hear you - 200%.

>>> #2 Make the committee smaller
How many now? I too think they get too far ahead of themselves sometimes and lose focus of what the club is about.

>>> #5 have 2 trip coordinators - one for long trips, and one for short trips
I have thought about this, but at the moment our TC may as well be dead.

Good to hear it isnt my club only
FollowupID: 424754

Reply By: Brian B (QLD) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 09:27

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 09:27
Hi Truckster,

Don't want to hijack your thread but could you drop me an email to ryjoe@ozemail.com.au as I want to have a yarn to you about getting some gear from Melbourne to Brisbane. Once I get your email address I will give you the info. It's a bit out of the ordinary.

Thanks mate.
AnswerID: 169438

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 10:13

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 10:13
U have mail.
FollowupID: 424758

Reply By: John Davies - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 11:07

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 11:07
Truckie,

Have belonged to the LROCV for 12 years.

We as you would know, run the Victorian 4wd Show at Wandin. We have about 750 ?? members of whom maybe 200 - 300 would help out on this weekend.

Fees I think are $75 individual, $90 family.

We run the usual day, weekend trips, long weekend trips but their is never enough for such a large club. Our club might run 3 or 4 long trips per year.

We run a weekend we call the "Outdoor challenge" which has may events to cater for all the family and you participate as a team. There are many things like night navex's, trials, kids pushbike trial, kids coloring competition. For people who don't have kids we ask families wi

Another event is the Family Field day which gets back to the origins of our club which is 4wd touring and we do demos like tyre repairs and 4wd fitout so that newer members can feel confident that they will know what to do when travel in remote places. Last year we even had a how to make biodesiel demo.

In the end it all comes down to how much effort the indiviuals in your club want to put in.
Most club members are passionate crazy/mad about the brand and wouldn't join another club. We have some people who have been members for more than 40 years. Whilst I own a landie I couldn't even think of joining another club.

Cheers

John D - LR Disco 200 Tdi
AnswerID: 169449

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 11:57

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 11:57
>>>Last year we even had a how to make biodesiel demo.

... was this done by a member?
some good ideas here.
this is pretty much the info Im lookin for

Our club is worse than extinct.
FollowupID: 424780

Follow Up By: Mad Dog (Australia) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 13:20

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 13:20
Is that why there's no calender of events on the website Bruce....there ARE no events. That property the club owns must be an attraction.

Wish I could join a club but I need one that has meetings during the day, not at night.
FollowupID: 424795

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 13:28

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 13:28
Pretty Much Ray. At the moment its purely a social club. I hate the dirty laundry bleep , but its to a point where there is little value in the club if you want to 4wd...

I'm forming a committee (yes another bleep in committee) within the club to attempt to save it. One bloke ran a trip last weekend, had 1 person turn up - out of 220+...

I'm thinknig fuel prices MAY be affecting more than we realise too.

I dont want to join another club, I want the club I joined back - but I feel the dead wood has taken over.
FollowupID: 424798

Follow Up By: Member - Stan (VIC) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 15:29

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 15:29
Might be missing something here, but I can't see any trips listed in the mag for that weekend...????

Yeah, fuel prices do play some role in this... BUT it was the same before
fuel prices went up...
FollowupID: 424827

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 16:33

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 16:33
it was even mentioned in the meeting.
not sure if it was last or few weekends ago, but I can assure you, Bob has full intentions of reminding people at the next meeting, in Bob Style :)
FollowupID: 424843

Follow Up By: Moose - Tuesday, May 02, 2006 at 14:09

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 at 14:09
Thanks Bruce. Looks like Vic thing for now and in any case isn't law. Can't see how the Contracts and Negligence common law provisions could possible apply in a case where we lead a club trip unless we did something really stupid. BTW - good luck in getting your club back on track (or should that be off road!).
FollowupID: 425577

Reply By: V8Diesel - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 11:16

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 11:16
Not a current member of any 4x4 club myself, but will be watching this thread with interest.

I'm keen to join a 4x4 club, but find it difficult to find a like minded one. Been on a few runs with different clubs and have found in general there seems to be an across the board attitude of 'indiference' to anyone from outside the group. It is not just me either, seem to get the same impression from other folks I talk to. It's not that I need someone to hold my hand and coo reassuring words into my ear along the way, but maybe a quick "welcome along mate" wouldn't go astray either.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but it seems that a lot of them have the wrong 'front man' or something. I'm sure it is all done with the best of intentions and the heirarchy and chain of command within the organisation is working, but I haven't exactly been enticed to race out and join one yet. Dunno, maybe it is just me.

I simply want to go away regularly somewhere off the beaten track with some interesting folks and have a good look around. I want to have fun getting there in 4x4, but don't want to trash my vehicle too much. I don't want anyone telling what to do or how to do it. If I'm acting like an idiot or not pulling my weight, sort me out of course - if not, let me have my fun doing things my way. I don't care if others drive a Cruiser, Patrol, Rover etc. I really don't. As long as it is well maintained and is capable of the trip as planned, well that's fine with me. I want to sit around a big wood buring fire at night and have a few drinks and a laugh with a bit of background music. I also want to be able to tell rude jokes and also pick my nose and fart if the mood take me. I have no interest in the politics side of clubs, which I suspect is most likely my problem.

I'll be intersted to see what responses you get Truckster.
AnswerID: 169453

Reply By: Rotty - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 12:49

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 12:49
Wattle Rangers 4x4 Club - based at Beachport - SA
Started about three years ago with about four guys and now have about 38 families as members.
Generally try to have at least one event/trip a month however same as other responses, more hand sitters than doers.
We had one extended trip last year (10 days) and another one shortly (luckily orgnaised and led by a different person from last year). Have done Otways, Pyrenees, Rocklands, numerous around Beachport/Noira Crena/Robe, Murray Mouth, Border Track, and many day trips around the area.
Many of our members are older gae group (OF - Over fifty or old farts) but most still yoing at heart and attitude but not yobbo's.
Our club gets involved in preserving/maintaining some tracks through Canunda and Beachport Park areas with support of Dept Environment and Heritage and Nat Parks.
Many of our members still work so really long trips not always possible.
I think annual fee $50 (wife controls finances so just a guess).
No specific events/kids section as more grandchildren than children in group.
Best value is relaxed attitude whilst many will still give advice mixed with a lot of humor and bias to their own vehicle whilst being able to accept a joke at their own expense.

Nothing to change in our club as we are not at size where politic crap intervenes.
AnswerID: 169467

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 13:31

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 13:31
I'm running a club group to Beachport/Robe in November Melb Cup weekend. It used to be an annual trip...

FollowupID: 424799

Follow Up By: Rotty - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 13:45

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 13:45
Our area seems to be getting more activity lately.
Over Easter/Anzac Day period there were over eighty vehicles through the park areas, almost as busy as Metro area. The local rangers are also getting more active in pinging the unlicensed bikes and yobbos not staying out of the vegetation.

Rumours that a group of five or so Jack decided to go on one of the beaches south of Beachport (very soft) and got bogged. Whilst getting out a freak wave came in and swamped one vehicle and tipped onto its side and as the wave retreated pushed the Jack back onto its wheels. All the others also got a wash but to lesser extent.

Went for drive towards Nora Criena on Tuesday and just about all the tracks badly rutted, luckily after a couple of weeks with some wind and rain will be back to smooth tracks.

Our club has created a mudmap and numbered posts for the Beachport to Nora Criena run and this available at the tourist centre for free.

FollowupID: 424803

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 13:48

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 13:48
Do you think your club would be interested in making this an interclub type event?

Maybe you could show us around some of the 'out of the way places' that you would normally miss, and we could do the same in return around Vic if your club heads this way..

This is something else I've been trying to work on - Interstate/Interclub events to help everyone.
FollowupID: 424805

Follow Up By: Rotty - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 13:58

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 13:58
Always possible, we usually have a few members around most weekends.

In the past we have done a night run through the dunes after a BBQ with a visiting group. Novemebr is good time with longer daylight/dusk for these runs.

Our club meetings usually on second monday of month, I will raise the issue and see what response is and let you know.

Only thing we dont get a long weekend at that time but the Sat/Sun can be arranged, leaves you Mon/Tues for other fun.
FollowupID: 424807

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 14:59

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 14:59
Thanks Mr.
If you want any info, lemme know.

This is the caravan park we are staying at.
www.parks-sa.com.au/soocp.html

I'll probably head over Friday if possible, but that depends on lots, but its early days yet, but that would be fantastic if your club or even a few members would be keen.

A night run thru the dunes would be awesome, something I Had not thought about. We run night runs up around this way sometimes.. love em.

FollowupID: 424819

Follow Up By: Rotty - Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 09:07

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 09:07
Truckster
We had the club meeting last night and overall appear supportive of hosting your club members. Couple of questions need to be sorted before then.

probably better to email me direct at to deal with this
zosis at mountgambier dot sa dot gov dot au

Cheers
FollowupID: 427109

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 10:23

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 10:23
u have mail
FollowupID: 427127

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 19:46

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 19:46
did ya get me reply?
FollowupID: 427540

Follow Up By: Rotty - Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 08:48

Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 08:48
You bet.

Will keep you posted regarding that weekend. It will happen.

I am in progress of changing jobs in next week so will contact you with new email address in couple of weeks.
FollowupID: 427648

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 13:33

Thursday, May 11, 2006 at 13:33
sweet
FollowupID: 427704

Reply By: Moose - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 13:31

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 13:31
G'day Truckster
No doubt your club receives heaps of mags from other clubs if it's anything like the one I'm in. Just have a read through them, especially the Trip Co-ordinators reports and I think you'll find that many of the larger clubs have the same problems. Too few people willing to run trips. Too few people willing to get involved. Your club definitely isn't the only one hurting. I suspect a number of factors are at work to cause this: changed working environment (many work weekends); expensive vehicles which people are afraid to scratch; cost of going somewhere; fewer places to go what with the continual closure of land; etc. Also I think that many people lack a sense of adventure - they expect to be lead by the hand and are afraid to "go have a look" on their own.
Cheers.
AnswerID: 169479

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 13:46

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 13:46
There are numerous people "scared" by that Gov legslation or what ever it was that says if you run any event (ANYTHING), with 8 people or more, your legall liable for their wellbeing, or some crap like that.

I know for a fact that one bloke that used to run 1 trip a month for at least 3 of the years Ive been in the club has not run 1 since this legslation came out. Hes worked all his life to get his house, and doesnt want to lose it.

As you say, these clubs are hurting, but why do people stay in these clubs? And our club wanted to put fees UP this year!!!!!!!!!1
FollowupID: 424804

Follow Up By: Moose - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 13:59

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 13:59
Mate - I haven't heard about that legislation. Is that a Vic only thing or national? More info please.
No I was referring to being scared to go and check out tracks for themselves. We have many areas available that are no longer being used by ex members but bloody hell trying to get a newer member to go and have a look is hard. I even dropped in on a new 4WD park when I was in the area (only a couple of hours drive away from Brisbane) and collected a heap of info many months ago and passed it on to the club. Do you think anybody has bothered to follow it up. Nope.
Why do they stay in - for the social interaction I think. I see a definite trend towards more social activities and less 4WDing in our club. Which of course is arse about. Why do I stay in? - in the hope that some of us "older" members can stop the rot and we return the club to the old ways and go 4WDing more often. The executive has a large bearing on how the club travels. They aren't always up to scratch!
Good luck with your efforts.
FollowupID: 424808

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 15:09

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 15:09
National...
I'll see if I can track it down, its been discussed here before.

even if you take 8 odd mates for a walk.. your screwed if you called them and said hey blokes we will leave from my place.
FollowupID: 424822

Follow Up By: Shaker - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 22:54

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 22:54
I was the Commodore a bayside yacht club (Vic) for a few years, as you can imagine the exposure for legal liability & litigation is horrendous.
The only way to protect your officebearers & club assets is Incorporation, talk to your legal advisors.
FollowupID: 424949

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, May 01, 2006 at 22:07

Monday, May 01, 2006 at 22:07
Moose
Site Link
theres a bit on it.. cant find the rest.
FollowupID: 425494

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, May 01, 2006 at 22:18

Monday, May 01, 2006 at 22:18
www.orc.org.au/aas/index.htm

I think this could be it.
FollowupID: 425499

Reply By: Utemad - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 14:41

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 14:41
I'm in the Brisbane 4wd Club and I think I must be on a winner with it. I've been a member for about 2 years and am on the 2005/06 committee. We have very few of the problems that have been mentioned here.
There is a small politcal thing in the club but that occurs in any club and it does not pose any real problems IMHO. We do have the same people running trips generally. I can say that I have yet to run one. However I plan to when I change my vehicle for a more capable one. Just an excuse I know. However it won't be long now.
Our current membership is 63 which includes 182 people.
This is my first club so I can't compare it to a larger club like yours or a single make club. I like the diversity that multiple makes brings. Plus the friendliness of a smaller club. Most of the active people know each other to some extent. I have learnt a lot of new names since joining the committee though. Guess I have to since everyone now knows mine :-)

As far as trips we have 4 in April (including the Qld Jamboree). I'd say we normally have about 2-3 per month. This includes social as well as 4wding. Although even our social trips sometimes include one drive.

The club is family orientated in that there are no yobbos in the club. However it has been noted that the number of children is reducing. We do not have official kids activities except on some social trips but thy are most welcome on any trip that is run.
Most trips are weekend trips, very few day trips and very few longer trips. Any longer trip is normally just someone inviting other members on a trip they already plan on doing and generally get few takers.

I don't know the average age of the club but I would guess at about 40 years old. I'm 26 and probably the youngest (not including the real kids :-) ). Although there are a reasonable amount in the 26-30 year old bracket.

We do run a driver awareness weekend every 3 months for new members. Although it is open to anyone and it is not uncommon to get 20 cars.
This is compulsory to attend before any trip rated more than easy is udertaken. However it is not an accredited course so we don't get anyone attending for a free course (have to pay membership fees before hand anyway).
I have heard people aske before how we manage to get so many people to attend our trips? I just thought it was normal to be honest.

Joining fee is $20 and then $51/year for single and $61/year for family. This is inclusive of the $11/year association fee.
When I joined I got two club stubby coolers included (family rate). Don't know if they still do that.

Our committee has 15 members
President
Vice President
Secretary
Assistant Secretary
Treasurer
Membership Officer
Trip Co-ordinator
Social Secretary
Editor
Webmaster
Driver Awareness Officer
Mechanical Officer
Insurance Officer (joined with) Association Delegate
Purchasing Officer
Sargent At Arms

We have only had one subcommittee since I joined and that was last year when we ran the Qld Jamboree.

I think we have an execellent magazine which helps make you feel included even if you haven't attended any trips for a while. It has trip reports written by people who attended as well as articles people have written or gotten from an acknowledged source. As well as birthdays and upcoming tips etc.
We send it on to other clubs but I don't know which ones.

If I had a chance to change anything within the club it would be that I should attend and run more trips. I do have the chance to do this though as that is up to me.
I think it is excellent value for money.
I think joining the committee was the best thing I have done in the club so far. Even if I only did it because of a gentle push from behind.

If you want me to send you a magazine then just ask. I can email you a scanned one through your Yahoo motor bike account.

Hope you manage to get your club back on the straight and narrow. I know for me that joining one was the best thing I ever did.

AnswerID: 169492

Follow Up By: Gramps (NSW) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 15:36

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 15:36
"Sargent At Arms" ??? - that's a worry :))))

Sorry Utemad, we just had a bikie funeral around these parts yesterday and the cops were more numerous than flies in the Simpson.

Regards
FollowupID: 424829

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 16:31

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 16:31
Our committee has 15 members
Assistant Secretary
Treasurer
Membership Officer
Trip Co-ordinator
Social Secretary
Editor
Webmaster
Driver Awareness Officer
Purchasing Officer
Sargent At Arms
--------------------------------------------------
we have all these apart from
Mechanical Officer
Insurance Officer (joined with) Association Delegate
FollowupID: 424841

Follow Up By: Utemad - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 17:06

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 17:06
Sargent At Arms
This guy collects all the fines at each meeting. If anyone has done anything stupid they get fined at the end of each meeting (i.e. damage to vehicle, driving a Toyota, burning their dinner, walking around with fly unzipped etc). It is pretty funny. All proceeds go to charity. Fines cost you $1 each capped at $2 per general meeting.

Mechanical Officer
This guy checks new members vehicles. Only for things like suitable recovery points, recovery gear and UHF radio. He does not have to be a mechanic.

Insurance Officer/Association Delegate
This used to be two positions. Basically he is the guy that goes to the Qld Association meetings on our behalf and then tells us all about it at the general/committee meetings of our own club.

FollowupID: 424845

Follow Up By: Gramps (NSW) - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 00:46

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 00:46
Thanks Utemad. I was started to get visions of some sort of Mad Max style 4wd club LOLOLOL
FollowupID: 424958

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 10:29

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 at 10:29
hey whats wrong with mad max? we used some of the props as jumps when they were filming at kurnell sandhills lol!
FollowupID: 427128

Reply By: Patrolman Pat - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 20:16

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 20:16
I'm a member of the Mount Lofty Rangers 4WD club. We've got about 80+ members and have a trip of some sort most months. Most trips are put up my individual members on the notice board and those who want to attend just add their name, nice and informal. We are very much family oriented, which is what i was looking for with two kids. Great bunch of guys, big variety of cars and a nice non 4wd social side as well dinners, paint ball, theatre etc..
New committee gets voted in next month, probably including me, which might give me a different perspective. So far the political wheeling and dealing is just about non existent and it's nearly all about getting out and having a good time.

Pres
Vice pres
Secretary
Trip coordinator
Aboriginal liason officer
Property officer
Assoc delegate
Treasurer
Newsletter editor
Web site
Training officer (plenty of trainers and assesors)
Social committee
AnswerID: 169561

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 21:35

Friday, Apr 28, 2006 at 21:35
>>>> So far the political wheeling and dealing is just about non existent and it's nearly all about getting out and having a good time.

Boy is this really missing in most clubz.
FollowupID: 424917

Reply By: demented - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 05:09

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 05:09
Hey guys,

are there any members of the Southern Tablelands 4WD club (ACT/NSW) on here? Was seriously considering joining but having seen the other posts here I'm wondering why it's so much more expensive ($330 joining $100 a year). If there are good reasons I'm not worried about the cost (as someone else said, relative to the cost of the car it's peanuts) just wondering that's all.

Hope someone can help,

Demented
AnswerID: 169617

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 19:31

Saturday, Apr 29, 2006 at 19:31
And I thought our club was extorsion!

It would be to keep the club exclusive I'd say, which is one thing that certain elements of my club want to do...
FollowupID: 425046

Follow Up By: demented - Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 10:45

Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 10:45
I don't know about exclusive, it's probably in response to the fact that I live in public service heaven and everyone is getting paid a motza. Also they do have a large property with driving tracks and camping areas etc quite close to the city. Might go a little way towards explaining it??
FollowupID: 425140

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 22:37

Sunday, Apr 30, 2006 at 22:37
Tax deduction and without doubt subsidised!
FollowupID: 425300

Sponsored Links