Juardi Station.

Submitted: Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 20:25
ThreadID: 57897 Views:2985 Replies:7 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Put a post in last night and only got one reply.The trek we intend doing goes north from Southern Cross about 170 klms then comes back south through Jaurdi Station and back onto great eastern hyw.We will then go to Cave Hill and home via the old Hyden Noseman road which is 4wd.Anyone stayed at Juardi or been on the old Norseman road.Thanks in advance.

Cheers Graeme.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - BUNDY BOY (WA) - Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 21:04

Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 21:04
.Hay Graeme........Norseman /Hyden rd is great can run caravan on it at 100 as there's a mine site on it they keep it real good .the first 100 out of Norseman .,is a little ruff an patches...but all great...
Cheers have a great trip
Bundy
AnswerID: 305355

Reply By: Member - Davoe (Yalgoo) - Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 21:12

Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 21:12
Couldnt find my booklet to see hich terk the RD was but from memory it goes Nth of Bungalpinhill to Pitspoum rocks hen to Jaurdi or such like. Have visited most of those spots in a few different trips and camped at a dam near the Jaurd homestead.
Pitsporrum rocks is at the southern end of the Yowie rocks track which comes off of the Evanston Menzies road but can also b taken North to Kurrajong gorge
AnswerID: 305357

Follow Up By: Member - graeme W (WA) - Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 22:13

Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 22:13
Hi Davoe.

Called the Roly Dimer Tour in the Western 4 wdriver book.A group of us started by doing the Holland track last year an are trying to do a trek each year about this time.Have about 5 days so hope to head home via Cave Hill if time allows.Much appreciate any other info you have.

Cheers Graeme.
FollowupID: 571357

Follow Up By: Member - Davoe (Yalgoo) - Friday, May 23, 2008 at 01:39

Friday, May 23, 2008 at 01:39
yowie rockscave hill woodlinesTuraine rocks

Hope these are of some help
FollowupID: 571375

Reply By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 21:27

Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 21:27
Graeme I Googled the trip you wanted to do this arvo and some people did the trip in Prado's and posted a stack of photos and did a trip report. They did the trip Easter this year.
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 305359

Reply By: Member - Agroe (WA) - Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 21:29

Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 21:29
Graeme, we travelled along the hyden /norsemen rd in sept 07. stayed at cave hill. Left from lake kingand went across to peak charles. then up along side lake johnson to thehyden rd. The road was as smooth as. Good camping at Cave hill. Some excellent rocks and dams around there. Travelling the woodlines was good to fun to.You could spend alot of time around here. Agroe
AnswerID: 305360

Reply By: Member - Bentaxle - Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 21:43

Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 21:43
Graeme
The trip you are intending to do is in the Western 4WD Publication "4WD Days in the Eastern Goldfields of WA" and is known as "The Roly Dimer Tour" ppg 18-24. I did this trip a couple of Easters ago. Just be careful crossing haul road as you leave Koolyanobbing the track direction was poorly indicated, and there was also a lot of sidetracks as a result of the mining in the area. There is a nice camp site at Ives Rock which is about 20km before you get to Jaudi Stn. It's a great trip, must do it again sometime.
Mike
May the fleas of a thousand afghan camels infect the crutch of your enemy and may their arms be too short to scratch.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 305362

Follow Up By: Member - graeme W (WA) - Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 22:18

Thursday, May 22, 2008 at 22:18
Thanks Bentaxle.

Yo didnt save the trek on a gps by any chance did you.Shoud be on my xl explorist discov aust tracks and their will be a few of us if we get lost.

Cheers Graeme.
FollowupID: 571359

Reply By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Friday, May 23, 2008 at 15:33

Friday, May 23, 2008 at 15:33
Graeme, found these comments regarding the Trip notes for the Tour.

Tripnote: My wife and I recently travelled the Roly Dimer Tour following the trip notes as set out in the 4WD Days in the Eastern Goldfields of WA. We found that the trip notes and GPS waypoints to be “spot on” except for the following observations:

Near Koolyanobbing in your trip notes reads: “1.13km Xrds (haulpack road) (wpt 2G) Stop then KSO”. This spot has now changed in that when you cross over the haul road, there is a new track that bears right and the original track, as written in your notes, now bears to the left.
There is a large green sign showing direction, but it is poorly situated and indicates the road to take to be the right hand track. This right hand track will lead to BCG's site office and the road train maintenance area and main haul road.

Between Koolyanobbing and Pittosporum Road, there are numerous sidetracks that have been created by the mining company personnel and can easily be confused with the correct track to take, but if one has downloaded the waypoints into the GPS, it becomes less confusing.

Another bad spot is between Pittosporum Rock and Ives Rock. The track in some areas is heavily overgrown and poorly defined and very rough with washouts, especially between Pittosporum Rock and Kurrajong Rock. Once past Kurrajong Rock the track is more easily defined but still overgrown with fairly deep washouts.

The Xrds at Ives Rock (Wpt 2U) are heavily overgrown and can be easily missed if care is not taken when approaching.
We also found the area to be extremely dry. Rock holes we found had dried up some time ago, so it would be advisable to carry extra water.
Many thanks for providing the information that enabled us to travel the tour with a minimum of trouble.

Date was 2004 but the references may help.
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 305468

Follow Up By: Member - graeme W (WA) - Friday, May 23, 2008 at 21:04

Friday, May 23, 2008 at 21:04
Thanks Duncan. If all goes to plan i will post a trek on this site.How many days do you think we need as it sounds like slow going and can you pull a camper trailor through there.

Cheers Graeme.
FollowupID: 571557

Reply By: Motherhen - Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 17:20

Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 17:20
Hi Graeme

We started out on the old Hyden-Norseman road by mistake in 2005 with the caravan, as the most recent map i'd bought was so out of date. The first 30 metres were good! Having seen (as you would have last year too) the junction point with the Victoria Rock Road, i often wonder what hazards may be in between. I have been waiting for someone to take in on. Maybe you could try it, and if the going is too tough, return and go on the present road.

We are at Wickham for a couple of weeks, then heading north.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 305771

Follow Up By: Member - graeme W (WA) - Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 19:24

Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 19:24
Hi Motherhen.

We travelled home from the junction at victoria rock road last year and had no problem.Would be plenty to see if we had of had more time.Enjoy your trip.

Cheers Graeme.
FollowupID: 571889

Sponsored Links