MIA state forests

Submitted: Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 20:31
ThreadID: 67500 Views:1866 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I am looking at a camping trip to the MIA state forests. From what I have read it seems the area from Narrandera to Darlington point is the best area with lots of potential sites rather than back up towards Wagga .

Can anyone recommend camping spots. quite happy to be completely self sufficient for a few days but the occasional run into a pub for lunch to recharge the batteries would be welcome.

Finally what is the best way to get there from Sydney?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jan B (VIC) - Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 21:18

Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 21:18
Hi Guys,
cuba state forrest is ok its about 40ks from griffith near darlington point its called cuba beachcamping no fees , tims beach 20kseast of darlington point. Also euroley state forest as well 8 ks from yanco
also murrumbidgee irrigationarea state forest on the river west of narrandera theres about 7 places along there.
Hope its ahappy camping. hope its a help.

regards peternd jan
AnswerID: 357940

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 23:32

Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 23:32
I grew up in Narrandera, but haven't lived there since 1971. My brother is the local barber there even now.

There is a nice spot at (I think) 8 mile....east of Narrandera on the old Wagga road. It's on the edge of the water (the Main Canal) and a lot of ski boats use it as a camping a "marshalling" point.

West of town along the Hay road, there are several spots along the town common not too far from town and along as far as Yanko Weir.

If you wanted to go even further west, there are lots of spots along the bidgee around 15klm east of Hay.

Most direct route from Sydney is down Sesame Street (aka Hume Hwy) and take the Wagga turn off onto the Sturt Hwy south of Gundagai. Otherwise, you can turn off the Hume west of Yass and go out through Coota' to Wallenbeen. There you will need to decide to go via Junee, Coolamon etc or continue west through Temora, Ardlethan and Grong Grong. When I used to live in Canberra as a 20-odd y/o, I used to be able to get from Canberra to N'dera on my Kwaka 9 in about 2hr15min (only hit the high spots!!!).

Roachie
FollowupID: 626049

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 23:39

Friday, Apr 03, 2009 at 23:39
Sorry, got Wallenbeen and Coota @rse around backwards!!! Of course, you actually go to Harden/Murrumburah, Walenbeen and THEN either Coota/Junee OR Temora/Ardlethan etc etc

I've been living here in SA too long!!!
FollowupID: 626051

Sponsored Links