Rosehill Caravan Camping Show nightmare!

Submitted: Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 21:59
ThreadID: 68058 Views:7125 Replies:13 FollowUps:24
This Thread has been Archived
Today we decided to visit the Rosehill Camping show - after checking the online site for directions by car from Sydney we left our daughters place in Bondi shortly after 8.30am for the drive out and along Parramatta Road which was a breeze! However, on turning into James Ruse Drive at 9.30am the fun started. We crawled along only to realise the traffic lights at Grand Ave Drive were only allowing a few trucks/cars to turn right at a time. The result was it took us over 45mins to drive around Rosehill Racecourse and to actually park car. A nightmare!
However, once parked a bus delivered us to the entrance by 10.25am. It certainly helped having pre-booked our tickets online.
The show itself was certainly well stocked although exhibits seemed somewhat crammed in and congested. Many a lost husband was being called over the loud speaker!
We came away both saying never again - next time the Regional Camping Caravan Show at Batemans Bay wins out with us for sure!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 22:15

Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 22:15
Lost Husbands!! They were runaways.. It gets busy there, they could be lost all day LOL!! Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 360622

Follow Up By: Member - Ros-Ross (NSW) - Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 22:21

Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 22:21
Thats what my husband said too!!
FollowupID: 628392

Reply By: PradOz - Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 22:59

Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 22:59
Boy what a contradiction for me to your experience as I also went to the Rosehill caravan and camping show today. I left home at 8.45am, arrived at parking at 9.30am. Only minimal delays from James Ruse Drive to Grand Ave (looked more of a problem for the other drivers not going to the show) and had no problem or delay getting a park.

Walked up to the entrance expecting long queues but found only 1 family at ticket window and we walked straight thru with our pre-purchased from internet. Was a real pleasant experience when compared to the last few years i have been. I go every year and none have been this easy.

I made a comment to the fact there were very few people there this year (today anyway) and put it down to the weather - the rain - as being the reason most must have stayed away. Yes there were people inside, but nowhere near as many as past years and i think there was more inside at the times the rain came bucketing down which may have turned you off. But there was no real queues for food or toilets or displays like all other years. There was only one queue for those stamps in the passports you get for entry for the show prize. That was at the "number 1" stamp, and was due to the stamp breaking, and only about 10 people in that line. (I think the stamps were experiencing difficulty from being out in the rain). We even got a seat any time we wanted one, + even got one easily when Tania Kernaghan was playing at 2pm. when people were still eating lunch.

I walked around whole thing with my 11 year old son and didnt get one complaint from him which i would have expected if there were queues and people pushing and shoving or squashing up against you - but no, nothing.

We also only heard one call for a "lost husband" named Bill which was repeated 4 or 5 times until he plucked up the courage to show up after being embarrassed by having his name called out publicly. And yes there was also a call for 5 cars to be moved for blocking an entrance and that was repeated probably 10 times. I am unsure when you heard about the "Many a lost husband being called over the loud speaker"

If you think this show was congested i can only imagine that this was your first time there. Every other year I walk away from this show feeling tired and worn out, but this year not so. You were very unlucky to find such a long car line in the parking area and the entrance, but i am unsure as to the rest of you experience when comparing it to ours. Sorry it was a problem for you guys, you better stay away from the Penrith one too as it was more crowded there last year than this one today at Rosehill. I would suggest anyone wanting to go, pick the rainy days as it worked a treat for us!

AnswerID: 360628

Follow Up By: PradOz - Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 23:03

Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 23:03
ps - we walked through the gate at 9.40am and i thought we would be standing around until the 10am opening time, but no - straight inside - a real eye opener comparing it to previous years
FollowupID: 628398

Follow Up By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 23:16

Monday, Apr 20, 2009 at 23:16
We did the same on Sunday, got there at 9.30 am, parked outside expecting to be in some long line like last year but people were very thin on the ground..Straight through the turnstile.. We headed for the main building and whizzed through it while no one there then leisurely did the rest, we left about 2 pm, saw all we needed to.. Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

FollowupID: 628402

Follow Up By: Member - Ros-Ross (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 07:46

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 07:46
We must have just hit the peak jackpot re the traffic - it was that right hand turn off James Ruse Drive into Grand Ave that was the problem for us. Trucks a plenty! Not being used to Sydney traffic either doesn't help!
Yes it was over 5 years since we last went to the Rosehill show! We had hoped to be in gate by 10.00am but alas that didn't occur!
Have to say the actual onsite parking attendants and bus to gate was great system.
Did get some useful info and enjoyed chatting to some of the exhibit folk even picking up a few items along the way! Lots of vans, motorhomes, campers to dream about. A pity about that recession!

FollowupID: 628422

Follow Up By: Member - Fred G NSW - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 09:05

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 09:05
I went also yesterday, and had a very comfortable run down the F3, and straight into the carpark, only 20 meters from the tunnel entrance to the grandstand. No queue at the ticket gate. Had a great day, didn't think it congested, and especially found the Workabout Australia seminar interesting, for travellers wanting to work whilst travelling Oz. Left at 4.30pm with no hold ups into Unwin St, right into James Ruse Drive, and home at 6pm in the Hunter Valley.
Bonus for the day was being entertained by Tania Kernaghan whilst having lunch.

Fred.
FollowupID: 628436

Reply By: Richard W (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 06:08

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 06:08
I was there yesterday on the NSW&ACT 4WD stand near ARB. There again today and Thursday if anyone wants to stop and say Hi. I get there about 8.30am so congestion is not too bad ;).
Dreadful in the afternoon at 5pm though when everyone is leaving so I head out along Unwin St and under the Motorway to the Great Western Highway.
AnswerID: 360646

Follow Up By: Member - Fred G NSW - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 09:07

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 09:07
Saw your stand Richard, sorry to have missed you. Was wearing my ExplorOz shirt and all.

Cheers from Fred.
FollowupID: 628437

Reply By: gav99x - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 09:31

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 09:31
Very busy area truck-wise at the best of times, in that wedge of land bordered by Parramatta Rd, James Ruse Dr, Grand Ave and Parramatta River/Duck Creek there is Shell Refining, Patricks Stevedores, Concrete Reclyclers, Tooheys (or similar) distribution, Boral, James Hardie, Downer EDI, not to mention a miriad of other truck-intensive businesses.

The main problems traffic-wise arise because there's only two roads in or out of the whole area, either Grand Ave (to James Ruse Dr) or Wentworth St (to Parramatta Rd).

Add to that a major event at the Racecourse and peak hour becomes a nightmare....I've worked here 3 years...leave early every day when the Caravan and Camping Show is on!
AnswerID: 360665

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 09:52

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 09:52
Anyone interested in a Camps Australia Wide 4 spiral bound, they were on sale for $25. There is a book stall on the lower ground just at the bottom of the stairs. They had a pile of them and probably more available to get rid of as the Camps 5 was released last month. I bought one as i had an earlier version. Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

AnswerID: 360668

Reply By: Geoff (Newcastle, NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:29

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:29
This line,
"It certainly helped having pre-booked our tickets " grabbed my attention.

Do these tickets pre-booked cost money?

That is one of my pet hates, I will not pay to be sold something.

If these trade exhibitors wish to see me then they'd best make it as cheap, as in free for me to look at their gear.

It's called the "cost of doing business" be arsed if I pay to go to Woolies so I won't pay to look at camping gear.

Geoff
Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
Classifieds: Landcruiser 16x8 Rims,

AnswerID: 360674

Follow Up By: Muddy doe (SA) - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:59

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:59
I am with you there Geoff,

When all the exhibitors come together like that then ***perhaps*** a small charge of 5 bucks from everyone to help cover the costs of all those parking attendants and security and cleaners may be appropriate but some of these shows charge better than 10 bucks a head to get in. They should not be profiting from this charge.

Yes it probably costs the exhibitors lots of moolah to set up a stand and participate but if there was not a return in it then they would not come back year after year.

Cheers
Muddy
FollowupID: 628458

Follow Up By: Member - Ros-Ross (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 11:01

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 11:01
Hi Geoff,
Yes there is an entry cost - $19 adults, $14 pensioners/seniors. Children 16years and under get in free with adults.

Looking at the size of the event and facilities at Rosehill guess it all costs big bucks to put on. There are many discounts available but also a fun place to look and dream - if only..............

FollowupID: 628459

Follow Up By: Muddy doe (SA) - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 11:04

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 11:04
19 bucks!!!!

Unreal.

FollowupID: 628460

Follow Up By: Geoff (Newcastle, NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 13:29

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 13:29
So it's $66 for a family of four to extend the privilege to a retailer of lightening their pocket?

Have a think about it folks!

Sheesh, each to their own!

Geoff

Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 628472

Reply By: Member -Signman - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:50

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:50
You actually paid money to go into a shop??
I can go into any camping store, 4WD shop, or accessory outlet without paying- and if I'm looking at a big ticket item, I expect them to come to me !!

AnswerID: 360678

Follow Up By: Pete Jackman (SA) - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 13:53

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 13:53
"I can go into any camping store, 4WD shop, or accessory outlet without paying"

You are a better man than me - I can't go into one without paying something!

:o)

Pete
Any mug can be uncomfortable out bush

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 628474

Follow Up By: Member - esarby (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 17:14

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 17:14
$19.00!!! That seems fair for what you get all in one place. Think about driving to Gosford from Parramatta to have a look at a C/T. Then doing it again to do the deal and again to pick up the item. The only good part was the DEAL. Thank you Paul.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 628492

Reply By: Member - John M (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 11:35

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 11:35
I cannot believe the attitude of some people.

I went to the show on Saturday from 9.30 to 5.00pm and unfortunately ran out of time and did not see all.

Parked within 25 metres of the gate, had lunch, was entertained by Tania Kernaghan, saw all the latest models, products and gadgets for an incredible total entry fee of $19.00.

I wonder how much it costs to see Tania Kernaghan in a live show, drive all over the countryside to the exhibitors premises and then back again to compare the products and again to check out something I missed.

I think a lot more than $19.00 and it will certainly take more than a day.
It costs more than $19.00 to park in some shopping centres for 8 hours.

But then you can satisfy some people some of the time, but not all people all of the time and we all have our point of view.
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 360682

Follow Up By: Stoutman - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:31

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:31
I agree - the best value for $19 around.
My wife and I go every year on the last day. So we will be there next Sunday. Don't intend to buy anything but always come out with a bargain.
Bought a Sine Wave 1000w Inverter 2 years ago for $169 and it hasn't missed a beat.
We always look at the caravans and campers even though we already have a Coromal Silhoutte Camper and it is just great.
For the whole day and so much to see the $19 is a bargain.
I am looking forward to Sunday even with driving down from Bathurst and back in the day.
Cheers
The Bigfella
FollowupID: 628467

Follow Up By: Member - Fred G NSW - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 20:29

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 20:29
I'm with you on all your points, as I have already alluded to....great value for $19. No where on this planet can you get all this gear on display, and travel info from everywhere in OZ, within a couple of acres of easy walking. If $19 cost of entry, including car parking for the day, to this event, somewhat offends you, then you have just re-invented the term "tight-arse."
Fred.
FollowupID: 628521

Follow Up By: PradOz - Wednesday, Apr 22, 2009 at 00:03

Wednesday, Apr 22, 2009 at 00:03
Hi John - I had lunch with Tania too! Great wasnt it. I think most people complaining would have never been so really shouldnt be offering any sort of opinion until they do. We have always managed to walk away from this show with a considerable saving when buying something that we would not have got elsewhere. Add to that the free holidays we have won, and even a free 12v/240v fridge thrown in when i bought our Waeco at huge discount there some years back too. Cheers...
FollowupID: 628549

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:24

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:24
Ahhh - James Ruse Drive - that was your downfall. Coming off Parramatta Road you should have used Wentworth Street Site Link You would have been in the racecourse in about 7 minutes. Also from Bondi Junction you have a good rail system that takes you right to the main pedestrian gate at the show ground.

PeterD
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 360683

Follow Up By: Member - Ros-Ross (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 14:12

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 14:12
Thanks for that tip Peter - have copied directions and stuck it in street directory - wish the directions on the supershow web page had headed us that way! That must have been the way we came out after show. Yes train would have been great from Bondi Junction but after the show it was onto the Hume Hwy and the 4 hour drive south to home for us!
FollowupID: 628477

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 13:46

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 13:46
I also have been out at the show, but on the other side of the counter.

From my position, as a one of the staff for the company that I work for, I find it a place to meet people face to face. Not all exhibitors at the shows have a shop front and it is one of the few places that they can meet people. I don't know the cost of a stand at the show but I do know that it is not cheap.

I did make contact with a few that have already booked to go away with us and they took the opportunity to talk with us about their upcoming trip.

We are positioned close to the seminar room and they were always well attended with a variety of topics presented by people in the industry. The talks always seem to run over time with a lot of questions being asked. This type of information is a bit hard to get at a shop.

The position of the show at Rosehill, which is now the centre of Sydney, can be hard to get into but if you drive around Sydney on a regular basis you know to allow for a longer trip time and 3 lanes of slow moving traffic.

I will be around the show again on the weekend, properly checking out the other tour operators and seeing what they are up to.

Wayne
AnswerID: 360690

Follow Up By: Custom Boat Loaders- Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 15:08

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 15:08
We are at the show - our first year here, and the cost is huge for us. We're paying around $80 a sq metre for a piece of concrete outside the northern end of the Grand Pavillion, but that's just a small part of the cost.

Add to that driving over from Perth, flying Cameron over, 2 weeks accomodation and meals in a hotel, not to mention the lost time.

We're only a small company, I'd hate to think what it costs the large caravan and motorhome companies.

Will it be worth it? Who knows but how else can you get exposure for your product if you don't attend.

Hope you all come up and say hello to us at our site, it's been great to catch up with a number of people so far.

Dian
FollowupID: 628482

Follow Up By: PradOz - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 23:57

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 23:57
hi dian - seen your boat loader working there on sunday. we were going to go up and say hi and see how it all worked, but when we got there you (cameron?) looked busy enough showing someone else and as i am not buying one + dont own a boat, didnt want to ruin a chance of you missing a possible sale.

i look forward to saying hi to everyone as you get to learn so much - it gives you ideas to think about - and one day whenyou are ready to do someting you draw back on those experiences to go ahead with your plans.

BTW, we ran out of time to go back and learn about your setup, so maybe next year if your there.

hope it is a worthwhile experience for you guys. i also hope you smaller exhibitors dont have to subsidise the bigger guys. nothing would be worse than you paying $80 a sq metre for that little piece of concrete you had and the bigger displays paying half etc. sorry you had to pay that much as they really had you in a walkway area, imagine the cost if you were inside! and all you needed was enough area to park the car and add an area for that strip of carpet to 'flip' the boat onto. you really had equivalent to 2 parking bays at $80 square metre. cheers and good luck...
FollowupID: 628548

Reply By: Member - Willie , Sydney. - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 14:46

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 14:46
As a former exhibitor at these types of shows, I know how much it costs to run them. Charging an entrance fee is the only way they can do it successfully. The promoter who organises it takes a risk and certainly is due a profit.

Where else can you go and see all those manufacturer's displays in one place ?

Your a bunch of whingers - and who would take their family anyway ? It's not what I would call family entertainment.

Willie.
AnswerID: 360697

Follow Up By: Gramps - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 15:48

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 15:48
Bro,

Then why is the Penrith show FREE ?

Agreed it's a bit smaller but most of the important suppliers/manufacturers are there year in year out.

FollowupID: 628487

Follow Up By: Member - Willie , Sydney. - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 17:20

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 17:20
Brother,

If you want to know, ring up Penrith Panthers and find out how much the area costs and then ring Rosehill for a similar quote.

Rosehill has heaps of room and heaps of covered display areas.

Brother, even though you are a one eyed Westy, you would have to admit there is an awful big difference between the two.

Penrith do not need to charge admittance because the exhibitors fees cover the costs and give them a profit. At Rosehill, I would guess you would be looking anywhere between 10 and 20 times the cost of hiring the exhibition area.

Regards,

Your Brother
FollowupID: 628493

Follow Up By: Geoff (Newcastle, NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 17:49

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 17:49
Willie,

I do hope you are permanently true to your values and slip every retailer you visit $19 to walk through their door, I know I'm true to mine.

After all most retailers have a huge variety of goods in one place from many different producers and manufacturers.

Those big buildings cost a motza to own too, then there's the staff.

It's a poor argument to tell me I should pay for the privilege of viewing a retailers product which in most cases aren't suited to my needs. Yet I still have to pay to look?

Perhaps the show would be infinitely more successful if they didn't charge?

There does appear to be a fair percentage of people here who would attend if the show was as any retail premises should be, the customers choice on whether they open their wallet!

Then there's the people who'd love to see what's on offer as they save and plan, were $38 for a couple to look at their dream piece of camping equipment can set the purchase back weeks.

Funny attitude, I hold a contra opinion to yours so I'm a whinger yet I will point my case out to you without the name calling!

Geoff

Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 628501

Follow Up By: Member - Willie , Sydney. - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 18:55

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 18:55
Geoff,

Name calling ? I don't think so.

You seem to have no idea what it costs to set up a stand at an interstate show. Hire the space, pay wages and accomodation for people manning the stand, pay airfares, ship product interstate, ( maybe three or four vans or campers ) and you want them to pay extra, so you can save your $19. Get real.

"Perhaps the show would be infinitely more successful if they didn't charge?" - If they did not charge you $19 to get in to Rosehill, there would be no Show because the exhibitors just could not afford to pay the costs they would be expected to pay for their stand space.

You say that you can get to see shops for free ? How do you get to see hundreds of interstate exhibitors in one place. YOU don't , because you cannot pay $19. I DO, tomorrow, because I see value there.

Maybe you should drive the thousands of miles all over Australia to compare all the vans and campers that are there and see if it costs you any more than $19 in petrol and time.

Willie.

FollowupID: 628504

Follow Up By: Geoff (Newcastle, NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 19:11

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 19:11
Hi Willie,

Oddly enough I do appreciate the real cost of the following to the individual manufacturers, I've done it myself and costed it.

"Hire the space, pay wages and accomodation for people manning the stand, pay airfares, ship product interstate, ( maybe three or four vans or campers )"

My point is it's the manufacturers/importers/retailers choice to head down this path, NOT the individual customers.

It is a privilege, not a right to have a customer give you their hard earned.

I think at this point I'll agree to disagree with you,

I hope you find a heap of that yellow stuff this winter mate, enjoy your travels.

Regards,

Geoff
Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 628506

Follow Up By: Nomadic Navara - Wednesday, Apr 22, 2009 at 00:11

Wednesday, Apr 22, 2009 at 00:11
Penrith is free because the club helps out. The Central Coast and Maitland shows cost an entry fee.

PeterD
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 628550

Reply By: Pebble - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 17:45

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 17:45
We have been to that show probably a few years ago now. Only downfall was having two young kids and not being able to stay the whole day. I remember we got there before the gates were open, no problems and a good day out, saw various camper trailers and ended up buying the one we liked most.

I can understand how people could wonder why you would pay for the privilege of stores trying to get you to buy their products, but the point why there is a fee has already been made. Besides you pay in some way regardless (advertising, marketing, development which is in the product price anyway), otherwise think of driving between the different stores in any city and the fuel bill would soon add up for the same privilege. I guess in the end the internet gives us much wider product exposure, so the camping show is often the best way to see most of them in one place - unless you pay to travel interstate!!
AnswerID: 360714

Reply By: PradOz - Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 23:43

Tuesday, Apr 21, 2009 at 23:43
isnt it funny how sometimes you cant see the forest for the trees.

just to give you an example that backs up the value of spending $19 read on - it wont cost you anything to read past this point, its all free :)))

i went to this show like i do every year (so to some i waste valuable money, but then again i dont enjoy donating any to the poker machines so i would be in front of some people - sorry i digress) anyway, i was interested in looking at options re my awning and annexe walls for my jayco swan campervan. my thinking was there must be an easier way to put it all up. it doesnt take long now, or is really that stressful, but i still think there has got to be an easier way.

so i walk into the first campervan manufaturer (hint: begins with a big G) & low and behold they have Fiamma 45i awnings/annexes fitted to their campervans. so i get talking with the lady there, admit i am only interested in the awning/annexe not buying from them at all, but she is very helpful & gives me the details of where to go to get one the same.

so next i walk into all the other campervan types and see what they have to offer, ask questions on why they dont do the same type awnings - most only do bag awnings which i think are a real pain in the a... to roll up and put away.

so far i have been able to talk and see first hand around half a dozen manufacturers, which i couldnt do by driving for my $19, or in the same amount of time.

next i start on the annexe manufacturers etc that were there and i get heaps of information and hands on advice that i could never do in the same time or for the same $19.

and finally as we are walking out, i spy one other annexe display. in i go and after a pleasant discussion, i find these people are from the sunshine coast, maroochydore actually, and they say i maybe better off looking locally as the distance could be a problem for some people. but i say if the price is right, and if the savings are right, it could mean a holiday away to maroochydore area and getting the awning/annexe work done also. their price comes in around $1000 to $1500 cheaper than the local guy i spoke to immediately before them, so it looks like if i want to go ahead with my idea of an easier awning i will have to start planning a holiday. wont be a problem with the SWMBO, as her brother lives their and i am sure she would love a chance to visit them as we have never been able to get there.

so my $19 and small bill for LPG to get there may have saved me quite a some of money at the end of the day, and i got to see first hand everything i needed to in one day in one place. even the internet wont give me that. and to top it off, these people will treat me 1st class and come to me at sunshine coast wherever i decide to stay, and do the job there. they will take my current annexe walls and modify them to suit at half the cost to modify that was quoted by all sydney companies i spoke to, their awning is rediculously cheaper + its the same brand!!! the guy i spoke to before them wont modify my existing annexe walls, but is very happy for me to spend $000s on a new one and throw the other one i have away. these guys now move onto the next show in melbourne and i hope they get business from them folks down there too. everyone i spoke to over the day was very friendly, helpful and just great to talk to.

so for me i learnt a lot, and got value for my 1 day spend of $19. And thats not taking into account all the other stuff i learnt, and the quality time i spent with my 11 year old who accompanied me the whole day, and by taking the time to show and explain all the things we seen, he now has learnt so much and offers his opinion and insights on stuff i dont notice - top value day i think
AnswerID: 360797

Sponsored Links