MIO 300

Submitted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 at 19:34
ThreadID: 68482 Views:2458 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Bought one yesterday and will crack it thanks to Bob's info in thread 6330263302

My question is will the MIO only run with OziCE or can I just run a copy of my existing OziExplorer 3.95 with all the updates and all my existing files? Or must I get a copy of CE and start all over with my files?

Can I also load Garmin Tracks4Australia?

Thanks
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Sunday, May 03, 2009 at 20:08

Sunday, May 03, 2009 at 20:08
Hi Duncan,

You will definitely need OziCE to run on the Mio.

The good news is, you already own a copy of Oziexplorer, so the upgrade cost is low. You can buy the OziCE Upgrade from the ExplorOz shop for $38.00.
Any track, route, or waypoint files you currently have can be copied across to the PDA's SD or Compact Flash card at any time.

From the OziExplorer website:
OziExplorerCE runs on PocketPC and Windows CE PDA/PND's but it relies on map calibrations etc to be provided by the full PC version of OziExplorer, in this respect OziExplorerCE can be considered an add-on to the full Oziexplorer software, you also need the full OziExplorer to calibrate maps, plan trips by adding waypoints etc.

I run OziCE on a Dell Axim PDA which interfaces with the PC via the USB cable. You can plan your route on the laptop and transfer it across to the PDA. I have loaded the NAPMAP Premium 2008 map files onto the Compact Flash card and also use this memory card to save any tracks, etc. rather than use the limited memory on the PDA.

Good luck with your purchase.

Bill.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 363024

Follow Up By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Sunday, May 03, 2009 at 20:56

Sunday, May 03, 2009 at 20:56
Thanks Bill, fortunately I've a copy of CE in my office at work so I'll load that onto a SD card.
Dunc

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 630669

Follow Up By: Patrol22 - Monday, May 04, 2009 at 06:45

Monday, May 04, 2009 at 06:45
I've never had to pay for upgrades to OziCE or the full desktop/laptop version either. This is one of the key selling points I believe as Des has operated on the "once you buy a licence it is good for life including upgrades"........or has something changed?
FollowupID: 630720

Reply By: Member - Mfewster(SA) - Monday, May 04, 2009 at 07:47

Monday, May 04, 2009 at 07:47
Does unlocking the desktop also unlock other country maps?
AnswerID: 363080

Reply By: Member -Signman - Monday, May 11, 2009 at 10:54

Monday, May 11, 2009 at 10:54
G'day Dunc
How did ya go with your Mio300 'modification" ?? Did you get it up and running OK with OziCE??
Cheers

AnswerID: 364263

Follow Up By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Monday, May 11, 2009 at 11:49

Monday, May 11, 2009 at 11:49
Tried loading yesterday. The crack codes seemed a bit haywire and no real indication that it had loaded.

Noticed that my MIO had a small Microsoft Windows icon at the top LHS corner. tapped on it and a stack of folders opened. OE CE that I had sent from my PC to the MIO was loaded but wouldn't open. Error box said that CE was not compatible with Windows?????? So does this mean that I need to load my normal PC version of EO onto the MIO? I'll pull the SD card out of my EeePC and see if that will work in the MIO.

If that doesn't work a guy I know has his cracked and loaded with EO, & I think Tracks4Australia as well, + some other programms, so I'll go pay him a visit.
Dunc

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 631963

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Monday, May 11, 2009 at 15:30

Monday, May 11, 2009 at 15:30
Hello
The normal PC version of Ozi will not work on a Mio. Best way is to use the runtime version of OziCE (see website) - run the intallation program on your PC and copy the resulting folders/files to your SD card. Sounds like you have just copied the installation program to your Mio and are trying to run that. This wont work - the installation program is for running on the PC as describe above. - folders and files are unpacked /extracted - it is these that you copy tothe SD card.

Good Luck

Cheers
Greg

I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 631994

Sponsored Links