Strzelecki-Cameron Corner

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 05, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 723 Views:1936 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Intend doing a trip Sydney/Broken Hill/Oodnadatta/Maree/Merty Merty/ Across To Cameron Corner and back down NSW Wanaaring/Menindee/Wentworth ..Sydney.With the short cut in mind from Merty Merty to Cameron Corner and not familiar with sand dunes, Is it better to do the trip clockwise or anticlockwise.I'm driving a new Pajero and my mate a Forrester.We have gone to great lenghts to have all the necessary equipment as advised by this site and have done a lot of research to hopefully have a great retirement trip-boys only.The wives still aren't talking to us.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mike - Tuesday, Feb 05, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Feb 05, 2002 at 01:00
Ken, it really doesn't matter as the dunes you will cross are on made roads. Unlike the desert country where the prevailing winds form a steep side and a shallow side, the are all pretty even. Are you doing the Oodnadatta track both ways or going up the Stuart Hwy to Coober Pedy or Marla, back across to Oodnadatta and down the Track? There is a lovely campsite at Algebuckina on the Neale river about 70 kms south of Oodnadatta. Go through the gate on the eastern side of the road, south of the river crossing. Just and drive in a couple of hundred metres, you will find plenty of sites. Also the Hamburgers at the Pink road house are magnificent! Happy trails, Mike.
AnswerID: 1985

Reply By: Ken Roper - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2002 at 01:00
Mike thanks for taking the time to reply.At this stage we intend to cross from Coober Pedy to the Oodnadatta track and head down. Whether we go up to Oodnadatta and come back down is a question mark at this stage. I hate backtracking.Thanks for the camping and Hamburger tips. Ken
AnswerID: 1995

Sponsored Links