Dubbo caravan park suggestions

Submitted: Friday, Mar 26, 2010 at 12:33
ThreadID: 77204 Views:3830 Replies:10 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Looking at a last minute trip to Dubbo over easter to take the kids to the zoo, etc.

Can anyone recommend a caravan park which also accepts dogs?

Cheers in advance.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Teege (NSW) - Friday, Mar 26, 2010 at 12:44

Friday, Mar 26, 2010 at 12:44
Mogul
Can't help with the C P, but I'm intrigued as to what your plans are for the dogs while you and the family spend all day at the zoo.

tege
AnswerID: 410470

Reply By: NRE - Friday, Mar 26, 2010 at 12:47

Friday, Mar 26, 2010 at 12:47
Dubbo guy here.Suggest Big 4 on Newell highway - Parkes Road. Secure and closest to Zoo. Don't know abt dogs.
Or try Wellington Caves caravan park and do Zoo as day trip. Don't forget the old Dubbo gaol - well worth a look, Dundullimal Homestead near Zoo is good too.
AnswerID: 410471

Reply By: Member - Tony (ACT) - Friday, Mar 26, 2010 at 13:01

Friday, Mar 26, 2010 at 13:01
We will be at the TOP Tourist over Easter which is fairly close to the Zoo. Not sure about dogs though. Maybe find a kennel close by and give them a weekend off as well.
AnswerID: 410473

Reply By: Motherhen - Friday, Mar 26, 2010 at 13:02

Friday, Mar 26, 2010 at 13:02
Hi Mogul

Similar question was asked a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if the area gets crowded over Easter but I'm sure you would need to book anywhere over Easter and may be too late.Wellington Caves CP may be a better option and is a lovely and roomy park suitable for children and allows dogs. You'd need to get up early to get to the zoo at opening time each morning, as the animal go and rest as soon as it warms up. Allow for two days at the zoo if you little ones can take it. One entry ticket covers two days. There is an area to park caravans just inside the entrance gate, but we chose to leave the caravan behind. You can drive right around the circuit and take walks from the numerous parking bays; handy to have the car for drinks and snacks as well as tired legs.Check the times for animal feeding and try and get to each of these, where the Keepers also give a talk whilst feeding the animals.

Thread 76743 Dubbo CPs

To check which parks allow dogs, use these resources

Badgers CP reports

Gary Stratton's CP site (features dog friendly parks)

Valid question about what are you planning to do with the dogs while at the zoo.

Motherhen

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 410474

Reply By: Wherehegon - Friday, Mar 26, 2010 at 13:34

Friday, Mar 26, 2010 at 13:34
Don't stay in the town, certain low life that live there like to think everything belongs to them and will break windows rip out door locks just to see what you have. Stay well out of town and you wont have any problems. Unfortunately its the scum, thieving mongrels that spoil the town and all the other great people and hospitality that the other people have to offer. Sorry but after having my vehicle damaged twice costing me an insurance claim both times, I wont ever staying in town again. Police were informed on both occasions and informed us they were having some major trouble with certain youths living in the area , spoil it for everyone else. (the zoo is great, go to the early morning feed if your able to, great to see) Regards Steve
AnswerID: 410479

Reply By: Ozrover - Friday, Mar 26, 2010 at 16:29

Friday, Mar 26, 2010 at 16:29
Mogul,
Try Wellington riverside van park, only 50ks from Dubbo & a much nicer town (my dad lives there!) the last time I stayed there they were pet friendly if you asked first!

AnswerID: 410507

Reply By: dindy - Friday, Mar 26, 2010 at 17:55

Friday, Mar 26, 2010 at 17:55
Mogul

Good luck trying to get accomodation in Dubbo at Easter. Dubbo is almost full all year round due to its location worse at easter. However if you try somewhere like Narromine which is only about 15 minutes from Dubbo you should be ok, nice quiet town without the nocturnal problems.
AnswerID: 410520

Follow Up By: Miss Destiny - Friday, Mar 26, 2010 at 18:31

Friday, Mar 26, 2010 at 18:31
Hi

Try Peak Hill Cp 66 km distance out of Dubbo. They take dogs and there is a local Kennel.

Have used both and can recommend.

regard Kath
FollowupID: 680411

Reply By: fugwurgin - Friday, Mar 26, 2010 at 18:33

Friday, Mar 26, 2010 at 18:33
hi, we just arrived at Albury today after spending 4 nights at the Dubbo city tourist park. in the 4 nights we were there a car had its window smashed and handbag stolen and a van was broken into and money stolen. had large locked gates and barbed wire around the perimeter but the mongrels still got in. great park other than that!!! but not dog friendly. i know this doesnt answer your question but may back up the idea of trying to find a park outside of the town centre. And the zoo was great!
AnswerID: 410529

Reply By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Saturday, Mar 27, 2010 at 09:01

Saturday, Mar 27, 2010 at 09:01
Best idea would be to put dogs in Kennels at home town and then you can stay anywhere.

A simpler solution I would think.

AnswerID: 410618

Reply By: Mogul - Monday, Mar 29, 2010 at 20:17

Monday, Mar 29, 2010 at 20:17
Thank you to everyone who replied. It seems Dubbo isn't the place to stay overnight.

We have changed our plans again and have just booked a week in the Snowy Mountains staying at Anglers Reach.

The dog comes everywhere with us. If we go out for the day where dogs are not permitted she stays at the camper and is more than happy to sleep all day and keep an eye on our things.

AnswerID: 410950

Sponsored Links