software to program my GME TX4800

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction for this please?

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Stu & "Bob" - Tuesday, Apr 20, 2010 at 07:29

Tuesday, Apr 20, 2010 at 07:29
As it is a new radio, and the software is proprietry information which is not usually released to the general public, I would suggest that the only people that can program your radio would be a GME Dealer.

Maybe if your OIC were to write a letter, the dealer would be able to program the frequencies that you require.

HTH
AnswerID: 413604

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Tuesday, Apr 20, 2010 at 07:57

Tuesday, Apr 20, 2010 at 07:57
Hi SAPOL
Give Standard Communications a call, as they are the manufacturer of GME Radios. Depending on what state you are, they have offices in every state. If I am reading into your screen name, speak with Mike or Damien in Adelaide.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 413606

Reply By: Robin Miller - Tuesday, Apr 20, 2010 at 08:17

Tuesday, Apr 20, 2010 at 08:17
A bit depends on what you wish to program , some software can do things such as allow transmission on out of band channels or make radios set to 5w transmit with 25w - this tends to be kept in house.

Another level allows change of a number of minor things and usually includes receive channels - I got mine for my TX4400 from supplier of programming cables on ebay.

Couldn't help notice you tag , have to admit to being a little mischievious at times , does the following photo mean anything to you.

Image Could Not Be Found

Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 413607

Reply By: DIO - Tuesday, Apr 20, 2010 at 16:28

Tuesday, Apr 20, 2010 at 16:28
Dn't be fooled by the acronym s.a.p.o.l. it is NOT South Australian Police. There is NO way they or anyone officially associated with them would go onto a public forum seeking such information. I would ask the submitter - whoever you are - your reasons for wanting to program your radio. Sounds suspiciously dodgy to me. Get in touch with GME, they will tell you exactly what is and isn't available to the public.
AnswerID: 413656

Follow Up By: sapol - Tuesday, Apr 20, 2010 at 21:59

Tuesday, Apr 20, 2010 at 21:59
My reasons for wanting such software are that due to my father getting back into motor racing, not knowing too much about comms anymore, bought this radio expecting it to be ready to go, to use between the base, and the car.
He purchased this radio due to it being water and dust proof.

Dio, I would not be too suspicious at all if I were you!
Some of us do actually have a lawful reason, and follow lawful use of such equipment, also please use the spell check and the bottom of the reply window prior to posting your messages bud.

As we stand now, it appears a dealer in Sydney is able to help out.

Thanks to the rest of you guys for your support.
FollowupID: 683836

Sponsored Links