Fishing tour kakadu (feed back)

Hi All

We have just had friends staying with us and wanted to let you know about a good fishing charter they went on in Kakadu. Kakadu Fishing Charters is the name. They went on a half day tour, cost was $200 each and there was just the two of them and the guide. It was on the East Alligator, from their pictures it is a very pretty river. Caught heaps of Barra and the guide(Gavin I think) was very knowledgeable. About the only downside was the fact the guide is a bit of a greenie and would only let them take home one small Barra between the two of them.
All in all they had a ball!

Cheers Lyndon
Now is the only time you own
Decide now what you will,
Place faith not in tomorrow
For the clock may then be still

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 16:18

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 16:18
Got leave some of the barra to feed all those big crocs Lyndon.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 417676

Reply By: Jimboy301049 - Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 21:27

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 21:27
I also went on the same fishing charter on the East Alligator River in the Kakadu National Park with the same company.I would like to point out that we were informed of the size regulations before we started,all fish must be over 55cm and under 80cm(the second size because the fish would be a female) and this can only increase the amount of Barramundi in the river system.The trip I was on also caught a lot of undersized fish,they were returned to the water,we had one fish over the 55cm and I did not catch it,but I was satisfied with the fishing experience,and I believe that the guide was within his rights to not allow any of the smaller fish to be taken.If found out it could lose him his job and the company the rites to fish this water.
AnswerID: 417731

Sponsored Links