Suitable 4wd club in Sydney or surrounds...

Submitted: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 17:44
ThreadID: 78758 Views:3582 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Hi

Hoping someone may be able to give some advice.....

Its my partners birthday very shortly and he is really keen on 4 wheel driving. We have had since xmas a 2007 Mitsubishi triton GLX-R which he happily dashes up any non-asphalt road he can find much to my concern sometimes!! :) We have spent sometime on the Bridle track & surrounds + blue mountains tracks.

I would love him to know more so I don't get worried! We don't know anyone else with a 4wd....so thought about getting him a training course for his b-day and then relised that joining a club would be better! He would get training plus we can explore with others.....

So after some advice on clubs that maybe suitable - we are a early 30's couple, love camping and the outdoors, and he is more than keen to see how far he can push the car (its a ute, cause we need one for other sports).

Any suggestions / experiences appreciated! I think he would love a membership as a present - he dosn't get time to sort it himself :)

Have looked at the website of Sydney District 4x4 and All Wheel Drive Club - anyone know these?

Cheers
M
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 18:12

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 18:12
The All Wheel Drive club has a big membership and many very experienced members. Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 418089

Reply By: Richard W (NSW) - Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 18:33

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 18:33
M,

I'll give Triple Diamond a plug.
Originated as the Mitsubishi Club and has a few Tritons in the club.
Family orientated and active with all types of trips based in Sydney.
Website here:
Triple Diamond Website
Better state my interest as the treasurer of this club. ;)
Have a look and see if it suites you.

AnswerID: 418096

Reply By: Member - Tony V (NSW) - Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 19:10

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 19:10
M,

Both the Club suggested are great clubs, there are 43 Association Clubs in the Greater Sydney Area and you can have a look for them on the
4WD NSW & ACT web site where you can check by district, north, south East and West.

I would suggest that you check out the web sites, visit a few and decide from there.

Any club chosen will provided Driver Awareness and will assist in more than training, camping etc.
The Association is a RTO and has an accredited training program which can be utilised by Club members.

You won't regret joining a Club.
AnswerID: 418104

Reply By: briann532 - Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 18:11

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 18:11
Southern Cross 4wd club.

Would be suited to your needs

Yes, I'm a member. Mid 30's.
Free driver training to the same course you pay big bucks for..........
By licensed trainers
AnswerID: 418255

Reply By: Member - Lotzi (QLD) - Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 19:23

Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 19:23
Hi

If you can track down a Mitsubishi club thats half as good as the one in Brisbane, that would be a good starting point. Great people with close support from Mitsubishi.

Cheers and have a great time.

AnswerID: 418451

Sponsored Links