Suitable 4wd club in Sydney or surrounds...

Submitted: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 17:44
ThreadID: 78758 Views:2941 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Hi

Hoping someone may be able to give some advice.....

Its my partners birthday very shortly and he is really keen on 4 wheel driving. We have had since xmas a 2007 Mitsubishi triton GLX-R which he happily dashes up any non-asphalt road he can find much to my concern sometimes!! :) We have spent sometime on the Bridle track & surrounds + blue mountains tracks.

I would love him to know more so I don't get worried! We don't know anyone else with a 4wd....so thought about getting him a training course for his b-day and then relised that joining a club would be better! He would get training plus we can explore with others.....

So after some advice on clubs that maybe suitable - we are a early 30's couple, love camping and the outdoors, and he is more than keen to see how far he can push the car (its a ute, cause we need one for other sports).

Any suggestions / experiences appreciated! I think he would love a membership as a present - he dosn't get time to sort it himself :)

Have looked at the website of Sydney District 4x4 and All Wheel Drive Club - anyone know these?

Cheers
M
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 18:12

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 18:12
The All Wheel Drive club has a big membership and many very experienced members. Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

There's time to rest when you're dead,
Get out and do something instead!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 418089

Reply By: Richard W (NSW) - Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 18:33

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 18:33
M,

I'll give Triple Diamond a plug.
Originated as the Mitsubishi Club and has a few Tritons in the club.
Family orientated and active with all types of trips based in Sydney.
Website here:
Triple Diamond Website
Better state my interest as the treasurer of this club. ;)
Have a look and see if it suites you.

AnswerID: 418096

Reply By: Member - Tony V (NSW) - Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 19:10

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 19:10
M,

Both the Club suggested are great clubs, there are 43 Association Clubs in the Greater Sydney Area and you can have a look for them on the
4WD NSW & ACT web site where you can check by district, north, south East and West.

I would suggest that you check out the web sites, visit a few and decide from there.

Any club chosen will provided Driver Awareness and will assist in more than training, camping etc.
The Association is a RTO and has an accredited training program which can be utilised by Club members.

You won't regret joining a Club.
AnswerID: 418104

Reply By: briann532 - Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 18:11

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 18:11
Southern Cross 4wd club.

Would be suited to your needs

Yes, I'm a member. Mid 30's.
Free driver training to the same course you pay big bucks for..........
By licensed trainers
AnswerID: 418255

Reply By: Member - Lotzi (QLD) - Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 19:23

Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 19:23
Hi

If you can track down a Mitsubishi club thats half as good as the one in Brisbane, that would be a good starting point. Great people with close support from Mitsubishi.

Cheers and have a great time.

AnswerID: 418451

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (14)