Thule Roof Racks

We are currently in the market for some new roof racks on our Rav 4 - just to have our tent and swag and possibly a small jerry can of fuel?

We are leaning towards thule sportz? Does anyone have any experience with Thule roof racks or can you reccommend any other brands?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Monday, Aug 02, 2010 at 18:30

Monday, Aug 02, 2010 at 18:30
Try checking the various racks available from Roof Rack World or Roof Rack City via their web addresses and you may obtain the information you require.

Alternatively, give Roof Rack World or Roof Rack City in your State a ring and ask for their advice. They are experts in all types of racks and as they sell all major brands, should be able to advise you on specific racks with an unbiased view after obtaining more detailed information from you.

I can recommend Sun City Roof Rack World in Adelaide. Lou and staff offer great advise and won't try to flog you "anything" just for the sale.

As far as your requirements to carry a tent, swag(s) and fuel, it sounds to me like you need not only the cross rails, but a basket of some sort as well. Then you may desire a canvas "packa" bag to enclose equipment in to protect them from dust, etc.

Obtaining more information, then asking store staff appropriate questions will ensure you end up with the right equipment to do the job.

Bill.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 425992

Reply By: Kiwi100 - Thursday, Aug 05, 2010 at 22:26

Thursday, Aug 05, 2010 at 22:26
Try these

www.roofracks.com

We've had a set for years, carrying a 30kg kayak through the gulf and the GCR amongst other places that give them a hammering. Unbeatable quality and you buy them direct so you get better racks at a lower price. Adjustability means they'll fit different vehicles when you change. They'll ship them to you from the factory in Sydney.

Spoke to the owner who said he tried to sell through the rack shops but they told him that they'd be too expensive by the time they'd added retail margins.

I have no connection with the company.
AnswerID: 426304

Sponsored Links