Help with the Search Function

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 05, 2010 at 18:03
ThreadID: 80535 Views:3356 Replies:6 FollowUps:9
This Thread has been Archived
I've been trying to find that very lengthy Thread concerning James Annetts and Simon Amos, the 2 young blokes who perished in the north of WA some many years ago.

I've entered Annetts, and Loder (separately) into the search function and gone back 2 years but no result.

I would like to see the Thread again and get the details of one contributor who was researching the tragedy with the intention of writing an article or a book.

Surely the Thread must be in the Archives; or was it sufficiently contoversial to have been deleted?

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Hairs & Fysh - Thursday, Aug 05, 2010 at 18:30

Thursday, Aug 05, 2010 at 18:30
Hi Gone Bush,
Is this the one? ThreadID: 41932, What's your backup/ emergency plan?

AnswerID: 426279

Reply By: ModSquad - Thursday, Aug 05, 2010 at 18:34

Thursday, Aug 05, 2010 at 18:34
Gone Bush,

We recieved a request from the Original Poster asking us to remove the thread.

Regards

The ModSquad

Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 426280

Follow Up By: Gone Bush (WA) - Thursday, Aug 05, 2010 at 19:15

Thursday, Aug 05, 2010 at 19:15
OK, it's his right to make that request of course, I've done it myself.

Shame though, it was a really interesting Thread.

I hope the person who was going to write the story posts some info when he does.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 696848

Follow Up By: Muntoo - Thursday, Aug 05, 2010 at 22:38

Thursday, Aug 05, 2010 at 22:38
Ummmm, i happen to know the original poster and have been following this up with him and he has said he never wanted that post removed.

Who may i ask do you think was the original poster?

Because i was with the person the night he posted the thread.
FollowupID: 696872

Follow Up By: Muntoo - Friday, Aug 06, 2010 at 20:28

Friday, Aug 06, 2010 at 20:28
Modsquad, any explanation or was it a mix up?
FollowupID: 696963

Follow Up By: ModSquad - Friday, Aug 06, 2010 at 20:40

Friday, Aug 06, 2010 at 20:40
Muntoo,

You are correct it wasn't Member Kroozer but another major contributor to that thread. We had been going back through our email archives to find the request, Equinox's find actually assisted us in finding the request. Thanks Alan

We did not delete the thread as such but hid it from view for future use if required. The person who requested the removal of their replies/follow ups wanted them to be completely deleted. This would have left major holes in the thread when archived. So in order to maintain thread continuity in these cases we hide them from view.

If required we can seek EO Managements thoughts on reinstating the thread.

Regards
The ModSquad
Moderation is just rules

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 696969

Follow Up By: Gone Bush (WA) - Friday, Aug 06, 2010 at 21:13

Friday, Aug 06, 2010 at 21:13
I can understand a participant in that Thread asking for parts to be deleted. I don't know which participant it was, but there were references to people who are obviously still alive and some of those references were not complimentary.

Anyone who really wants to see it can click on Equinox's link.

I have no problems with it staying hidden.

I just wanted to see if I could find the person who intends writing a book about the sad saga.

But I'm glad I started a Thread that is a little more meaty than: which fridge/tyre/vehicle etc etc.....

cheers

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 696980

Follow Up By: Muntoo - Friday, Aug 06, 2010 at 21:49

Friday, Aug 06, 2010 at 21:49
That explains it, fair enough.

Cheers
FollowupID: 696990

Reply By: Alloy c/t - Friday, Aug 06, 2010 at 08:51

Friday, Aug 06, 2010 at 08:51
Google in this instance brings up in the first 10 the book.
AnswerID: 426325

Reply By: equinox - Friday, Aug 06, 2010 at 09:38

Friday, Aug 06, 2010 at 09:38
Link

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 426333

Follow Up By: Gone Bush (WA) - Friday, Aug 06, 2010 at 10:20

Friday, Aug 06, 2010 at 10:20
Thanks equinox: saved.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 696912

Reply By: gibson - Tuesday, Aug 10, 2010 at 14:43

Tuesday, Aug 10, 2010 at 14:43
I asked for my posts to be deleted. Only my posts, not others. I wasn't the first poster at all, but came in near the end.

Below is the request I sent to ExplorOZ:

"Could you remove all my posts from the following thread. The reason for this request is that my posts have been left hanging due to the thread being archived. Too early, in my opinion."

I asked that my posts be deleted because it was archived just after I'd said the main suspect in the deaths of the two boys might not be guilty. This opinion needed to be qualified with new information I'd discovered recently by spending four months out at Balgo, Billiluna, Wolf Creek Crater, Nicholson, Flora Valley Station, Halls Creek, Broome, and other places.

It is sad ExplorOZ killed the thread rather than let it continue. It's possible that someone complained about the thread. During my research I've been threatened and insulted both in person and on the phone. The Chairman of Balgo, George Lee, kicked me out of the community as well, no reason given.

I found Simon's Valiant Charger and spent a few days in rooms used by James in the last fortnight of his life.

Currently, I am going through the thousands of pages of interview notes from the 45 people I spoke to at Balgo and other places. The book is about 12-months off.

AnswerID: 426839

Reply By: gibson - Tuesday, Aug 10, 2010 at 14:45

Tuesday, Aug 10, 2010 at 14:45
I should add that I repeatedly asked that the thread be de-archived. ExplorOZ did de-archive it once, for a couple of weeks, but not for a second time.
AnswerID: 426841

Follow Up By: Gone Bush (WA) - Tuesday, Aug 10, 2010 at 14:52

Tuesday, Aug 10, 2010 at 14:52
Gibson, I'll be very interested in reading your book when it's published. Maybe you could provide that info here when it happens.

I'm sure that archiving of a Thread is automatic after it has not been added to for a particular time period, so I don't think there is any ulterior motive here.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 697462

Follow Up By: gibson - Thursday, Aug 12, 2010 at 18:42

Thursday, Aug 12, 2010 at 18:42
Yes, "Gone Bush", I'll do that. Probably on a new thread if this one is archived.

Going to Yagga Yagga, just skimming the edge of the desert, made me realise that others have gone the whole distance, just ploughing through the bad tracks or over open country.

It must be like entering an unexplored world.

FollowupID: 697648

Sponsored Links