OZTour

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 01, 2011 at 18:25
ThreadID: 86690 Views:1582 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all. We are setting off at the end of the year to explore our wonderful country. Taking a couple of years off work and towing an off road van with our 4wd + some camping gear for spots we cant get the van. Taking couple of kids and we are interested in hearing some brief stories about nice spots to visit in all states.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Joel and Michelle (WA - Wednesday, Jun 01, 2011 at 18:43

Wednesday, Jun 01, 2011 at 18:43
G'day Benno77, have been on the road for 12 months now and there is alot to see. You can try ourblog there are quite a few blogs from couples with Kids and its worth spending a bit of time on them.
Good Luck.
Joel
AnswerID: 456082

Reply By: Clint & Chell - Wednesday, Jun 01, 2011 at 19:01

Wednesday, Jun 01, 2011 at 19:01
Hey Joel,
Love your signature. Awesome. I am hearing you. :)
Hey Benno,
go for it buddy. It is awesome. We left Coffs Harbour (missus + 2 x kidlets) in August last year.
We came up to Rockhampton and then across Qld to threeways and then up to Darwin.
We are still in Darwin. We have been here since about September.
We have loved Darwin. Plenty to see up here. We loved Kakadu and Litchfield but also Darwin itself and the lifestyle it offers. Gunlom Falls in Kakadu is a must.
Mate I reckon I could just about right a book of the highlights of the NT.
It will be sad to leave. We are making our way over to WA at the end of the month.
Happy Travels mate.
You'll have a ball
AnswerID: 456087

Follow Up By: Benno77 - Thursday, Jun 02, 2011 at 21:41

Thursday, Jun 02, 2011 at 21:41
Is this the time to be in the NT? Summer would be a killer up there wouldn't it?
FollowupID: 729204

Follow Up By: Clint & Chell - Sunday, Jun 05, 2011 at 09:30

Sunday, Jun 05, 2011 at 09:30
Hey Benno,
Yeah everyone reckons now is the time to be here.
As I said we decided to do the wet season.
We loved the wet because -
- we wanted to experience it and see the top end in the wet. It is magnificent!! The waterfalls, wetlands, wildlife, etc.
- the parks were empty and we basically had the caravan park to ourselves. This time of year they are choc-a-blok..
That said I understand that the wet is not for everyone.
It can be difficult sleeping when it buckets down every night.
We didn't find the temps too bad. That said my wife and I both worked in air con. and the kids were in air con schools.
All the best mate. :)
FollowupID: 729481

Reply By: Bushranger1 - Wednesday, Jun 01, 2011 at 19:03

Wednesday, Jun 01, 2011 at 19:03
G'day Benno,
Having travelled the country many times where do I start!

My wife & I love the Northern NSW forests. Spent months exploring all the parks north of Barrington tops to the Qld border. A few names that come to mind are Oxley Wild rivers, Nymboida, Guy Fawkes, Gibraltar Range, Richmond Range & Washpool NP's to name a few. There are many more awsome forests & parks in this area & we spent 2 months of our second trip exploring this area.
You will find some of the best rainforest in this gem of an area that better that of QLD. Don't miss some of the lesser known coastal parks there too as long as its not holiday season.

Another area that we spent 6 weeks exploring was the East & West McDonnell ranges out of the Alice.

I could go on but then you do only have a couple of years! You need more time to do it all.

Cheers
Stu
AnswerID: 456088

Reply By: br218885 - Wednesday, Jun 01, 2011 at 19:43

Wednesday, Jun 01, 2011 at 19:43
MAte we have been on the road for 8 years now and havent even scrached the surface. we only planned to dp 5 years. When we will stop who knows.
AnswerID: 456097

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Wednesday, Jun 01, 2011 at 21:30

Wednesday, Jun 01, 2011 at 21:30
Hi Benno,

There are hundreds of blogs on this site about all the great places out there - too many places to start writing all over again :-)

Have a great trip.

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 456108

Sponsored Links