Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member-Heather MG NSW - Saturday, Jun 02, 2012 at 14:30

Saturday, Jun 02, 2012 at 14:30
Hi Kylie,

We have just spent three nights in Mungo and drove in from Balranald, took the second turn off the Ivanhoe road as we were towing a van. This road was being graded. The information we got from Balranald Info Centre advised the first one (Signposted) to be rougher. Kathy there was very helpful.

The road from Pooncarie to Menindee is closed and expected to be that way for a few months and we came back out this morning viaTop Hut Road then down the bitumen to Wentworth. There are dirt roads which will take you to Menindee through Mungo and other lakes but I am not sure whether any of those are closed.
Mungo is well worth a visit and the Main campground is great

Some parts of Kinchega N Pk are closed as well, including the lake Drive and Cawndilla campground I think...check out the NSW NPWS website for the latest.

Hope this is helpful to you.
regards,

Heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 487444

Follow Up By: Kylie 1 - Thursday, Jun 14, 2012 at 18:39

Thursday, Jun 14, 2012 at 18:39
Hello Heather,

Sorry it has taken so long to follow up.
Thank you for your report on the road conditions. Something I take for granted living in Sydney.
Our plans have been put on hold for now, and we are considering traveling around Sep/Oct, Im hoping road conditions will improve by then..."Here's Hoping.".

Regards,
Kylie
FollowupID: 763629

Follow Up By: Member - silvwayne - Thursday, Jun 14, 2012 at 19:53

Thursday, Jun 14, 2012 at 19:53
Hi Kylie!

The MenindeePooncarrie road is closed because of flood waters from the Darling. All other roads are open atn,but that can change if it rains.

Before you travell use this link http://livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au/desktop. I use the text view.

Regards Wayne
FollowupID: 763635

Sponsored Links