2 Weeks Kakadu and Litchfield Itinerary

Submitted: Monday, Jul 16, 2012 at 22:54
ThreadID: 96921 Views:2532 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hey all, Sitting in Darwin sweating our butts off...Oh its all so good...
We have two weeks maybe a bit more to do the Litchfield Kakadu Loop ending back in Darwin to drop Mum of at the Airport
What would be our best way to go?
We are towing an off road van and will tow it about anywhere, We have the option to drop the van at places to go off road and tent it in the bush..
I would like some help in planning our Itinerary we are fully self contained just would like a couple of decent van parks that we can actually get into and some spectacular Kakadu experience that you wouldn't have missed
Any information would be invaluable

Thanks
Rohan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Serendipity(WA) - Tuesday, Jul 17, 2012 at 00:25

Tuesday, Jul 17, 2012 at 00:25
Hi Rohan

Nice photo of you guys standing at the top of the hill in Tassie - well on the Bruny Island halfway mark.

Bit of a change to be in Darwin. I enjoyed living there for years and did many a trip into Kakadu. The most common and sensible route is in through the top end picking the spots up to Jabiru and then winding your way out through Pine Creek. After that you can go into Litchfield.

I will send you a message with details.

Serendipity

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 491117

Reply By: Motherhen - Tuesday, Jul 17, 2012 at 14:36

Tuesday, Jul 17, 2012 at 14:36
Hi Rohan

We spend around 11 or 12 days seeing just the basics in Kakadu, including taking a Yellow Water cruise and the cultural cruise on the East Alligator River at Ubirr (both very different experiences), and a further three very full days in Litchfield. You may like to check out My Blogs for 2009 here.

Motherhen

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 491142

Sponsored Links