12hrs and we're off

Submitted: Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 08:24
ThreadID: 69525 Views:2211 Replies:4 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
We jump on board the Spirit of Tasmania tonight to start our three month mainland tour.
Will jump on here from time to time(purchased a wireless next g card) and give you guys some updates.
First POI will be Mungo NP mid next week.
Keep your eye out for a white 105 Cruiser towing a Tambo camper(both with EXPLOROZ wheel covers) and say gday if you spot us.(usually on UHF19)
Catch you later.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Fiona & Paul - Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 08:47

Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 08:47
Good luck to you and yours Nick and have a good trip, you will enjoy Mungo. We have been there twice and heading back again sometime later this year when we get back from the Painted Desert where we are heading in a couple of weeks.

We didn't have enough petrol first time in as we came in from Hillston end and the second trip was destined for trouble when we busted a shackle and dropped a spring. The trip was very much shortened but the chief is busting to get back there again.

Maybe we might catch up with you somewhere while you are across this side of the water.

Paul & Fiona
Paul H
OZ Downunder

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 368503

Follow Up By: Member - Nick (TAS) - Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 08:58

Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 08:58
Well we have no set plans but our POI are- Mungo NP, onto Menindee and Kinchega NP, up through Broken Hill and to Tibooburra.Across to Camerons Corner and up to Innamincka.And up to Birdsville.From here we hope tp go uo to Mt Isa and to Lawn Hill NP.Then across to Gregory NP and Kununurra,drop down the Tanami, go into Chambers Pillar, down the oodnadatta and into Flinders ranges and home.This is all time depending and if we find something of more interest, we will go there.
FollowupID: 636075

Follow Up By: Fiona & Paul - Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 09:39

Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 09:39
Well the water levels were up to 30% a few months ago and now around 10% at Menindee, lots have been released to flush the Darling and get into the Murray I guess. The main lake was dry 18 months ago when we were up there, had been dry for 5 years so you will see it in a much improved condition.

Beautiful sunsets across the lakes around Copi Hollow and Pamarnaroo.
Paul H
OZ Downunder

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 636080

Follow Up By: Member -Signman - Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 12:55

Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 12:55
G'day Paul & Fiona,
When will you be around Painted Desert area??
We'll be outa Sydney on June 26- and allowing about 5 days to get to Coober Pedy. So that'll be about the July 1.

FollowupID: 636099

Follow Up By: Fiona & Paul - Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 23:57

Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 23:57
G'day Signman
We will be leaving about the 15-17th June and will be taking our time via Wilga Station, Menindee, Broken Hill and Wilpena Pound, so we won'tbe too far away from about the same time.

Be good to meet up with some ExplorOZ people on the road, regardless we will be keeping track of the forum while on the road most of the time. We have no strict timetable as we did that last time we went SA and NT, pre arranged meetings (relatives) three months in advance kept us moving when we didn't really want to. This would be different and as we should be in advance of you we will be hanging out at Wilpena for a few days as well.

Paul H
OZ Downunder

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 636190

Reply By: Member - Fred G NSW - Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 09:05

Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 09:05
Good luck Nick, and don't forget to turn the light's off when you leave LOL.
Was talking to another chap from Tassie at Curtain Springs on Sunday, who was waiting for his mate to turn up, and the weather to clear, then they're off to the Gunbarrel and the CSR.
We'll be in Broken Hill area Sunday and Monday, so will probably not cross paths.

Have a good one.

Fred.

AnswerID: 368507

Follow Up By: Member - Nick (TAS) - Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 09:11

Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 09:11
We are staying with friends at Warbuton until monday moring then off we go.
Thanks
FollowupID: 636076

Reply By: Member - Lance S (VIC) - Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 14:41

Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 14:41
G'day Nick,

Have a great trip, as we are only 3 weeks away from a 2 month holiday up in the Kimberley. We will we around Kununnurra early July, also towing a Tambo. Hopefully you might be around the area and we can catch up.

cheers,

Lance
Home Away from Home

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 368552

Reply By: Member - Cram (Newcastle NSW) - Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 19:16

Friday, Jun 05, 2009 at 19:16
Hey Nick, between Mungo and Menindee thee is a station, Tolarno it's a good place to stop for the night. Camping on the river, dirt cheap and great history.
AnswerID: 368587

Sponsored Links