Submitted: Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 18:14
ThreadID: 92319 Views:1911 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Image Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be Found
We
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wayne david - Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 19:49

Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 19:49
I'm assuming that the shot from the plan is towards Silverton?

That shot out the windscreen will probably give me nightmares tonight. One of the things I really dread is heading down some muddy flooded track, towing my camper trailer, and then discovering that I need to turn around & head back.

At least a dry track gives me a chance to find a big enough turning circle whereas a wet track is that horror movie playing in my head that sees me jack knifing the car & trailer and getting myself into all kinds of bother. Or else foolishly getting off the firm track and sinking deep into red mud right up to the axils.

Great pics though.

Thanks - Wayne
AnswerID: 479563

Follow Up By: eighty matey - Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 20:48

Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 20:48
We went north from Silverton along the fence/border in the last week of 2010.

We were the first vehicles north of Moorabie Station until we got to Lake Boolka, then we saw a quad bike track from north.

That picture of Andrew driving through the water makes me shiver a bit. That soil is unforgiving when it's wet. Wouldn't want to be stuck out there.

Steve
FollowupID: 755031

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew L1 (SA) - Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 20:55

Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 20:55
We were camped where the SA Dog fence meets the boarder conducting road maintenance. Then had to dive up the fence to Quinyambie Wednesday stayed at the homestead until Sunday then flew to Broken Hill car to Cockburn walked across the damaged bridge car home to Clare SA.

Andrew

FollowupID: 755032

Follow Up By: eighty matey - Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 21:11

Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 21:11
So you're saying the rain mucked up your plans!!

It's a good thing you got out. How long until you can get back there do you reckon?
Having all the gear stuck there'd be a pain for someone, wouldn't it?

Steve
FollowupID: 755035

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 22:15

Monday, Mar 05, 2012 at 22:15
Hi Andrew

Your not trying to see just how far you can go with your new workhorse....Chris would never put your old bus in places like that.

I hope Greg looked after you up there. You will have to add the plane flight to his bill, or was it Greg who flew you back.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 479582

Sponsored Links