walkabout camper

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 16, 2005 at 23:04
ThreadID: 22123 Views:9644 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Has anybody bought one and can i have some info on this camper got a good deal on it 2
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stan (VIC) - Sunday, Apr 17, 2005 at 17:42

Sunday, Apr 17, 2005 at 17:42
Try www.campertraiers.org. Someoneon the forum there might have it.
AnswerID: 107119

Reply By: petamac - Sunday, Apr 17, 2005 at 20:41

Sunday, Apr 17, 2005 at 20:41
I have had mine for nine months now and found it to brilliant .the cavas and quality off finish is top knotch.I did a lot of research before getting it as I had a budget to work to 6000 all up.When set up next to my mates 16000dollar rig I cant see 10000 dollars difference.
AnswerID: 107145

Follow Up By: allaussie - Monday, Apr 18, 2005 at 21:04

Monday, Apr 18, 2005 at 21:04
Thanks hope it's from the same place i got mine from the place is called kedron caravans just waiting to go out and get lost and have fun camping cheers chris hope we meet up one day for a chat and beers
FollowupID: 364250

Reply By: 2hoots - Monday, Apr 18, 2005 at 10:08

Monday, Apr 18, 2005 at 10:08
Hi, we have had our Walkabout for almost 2 years and bought it s/hand. It is one of the larger ones and we are very happy with it. It has a pull out kitchen and is a off road model. We completed our first outback trip last year towing with a dual cab Rodeo and never encountered any towing problems in fact we really didn't know it was on behind, it is well balanced. We travelled Mereenie Loop, Palm Valley, Andado track to Mt Dare & Dalhousie, then down to Arkaroola in the Flinders. Where ever the Rodeo went the trailer went too! We did have some dust problems but have since sealed around the door better, we have added water tanks and batteries to be self sufficient. I think you will be a very happy camper!
Good luck.

2 hoots!
AnswerID: 107209

Reply By: allaussie - Monday, Apr 18, 2005 at 21:08

Monday, Apr 18, 2005 at 21:08
2 Hoots i hope u got the turbo desiel if not did you moradge your house to go for your trip we are going the south in june down to sid and melb for 2 weeks hoping to go off road and trip arpund if anybody wants to show us around would be nice cheers chris ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ps beers on me
AnswerID: 107293

Reply By: Simonzio - Tuesday, Apr 26, 2005 at 21:05

Tuesday, Apr 26, 2005 at 21:05
Dear allaussie
I bought a second-hand 2 yr old Walkabout light off road camper in March after lot's of reseach and an intention to buy a new Tambo Cooper. Stumbled across the ad for the Walkabout and changed my mind after inspection simply because the price was just too good to pass up. Not an easy decision because of the rave reviews and obvious quality of the Tambo product . Being a light off-road the trailer is a lighter spec than the Tambo however is still very sturdy and well suited to out needs. The tent canvas is of terrific quality and very well put togetherwith an excellent tent design, loads of windows, quality seams and zips awning etc. Had the tailgate modified to suit a kitchen I've built and installed. First use was at Cohuna over Easter and just returned from a weekend at Blanket Bay Cape Otway. All works brilliantly and can't wait until the next escape. Intend to add a 12 volt system and few other goodies in due course. Overall happy to recommend this product.

Simonzio
AnswerID: 108313

Follow Up By: allaussie - Tuesday, Apr 26, 2005 at 21:16

Tuesday, Apr 26, 2005 at 21:16
hi thats a good idea our has the battery setup on it now it charges off the deep cycle battery in the engine bay.Is your trailer gal or just painted,as our is fully galed. we have planned ot be in sydney by the 17th of june at lane cove tourist park for a week or to and hope to go off road trip off to the blue mountains and find some tracks ot play in.then make out way back home to brisbane via dubbo and so on i hope . cheers for all the info chris
FollowupID: 365077

Sponsored Links